Young Writers Society

I am new. No duh XD

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:56 pm
VehementWriter says...

Hii!!

You can call me Sam.
Writing has been a passion of mine for almost 5 years (started up when I was 11, I'll be 16 in June), and more and more each day I realize just how much I want to spend the rest of my life doing just that.
I have 3 novels in the works at the moment, and I have every intention to get those published someday, which is why I need all the help I can get to make them everything they can possibly be ^_^.

Soo, looking forward to meeting everyone and becoming active... see you around!!

»Sam.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey, Sam! Welcome to YWS, good to have you aboard. Here are the three main rules on YWS!

:arrow: You must, must, must, rate two of another person's works before posting something of your own. People are more willing to review your work if you review theirs.

:arrow: Rate your work. If something has graphic scenes or the f-word, please rate it R. If it isn't rated R it will be on the YWS home page. :)

:arrow: Limit chat-speak. Pls dnt tlk lik dis. It's pretty annoying. Try to use proper grammar and spelling. Things like POV, MC, or lol are fine. :)

So, three novels? I only have one, and it's pretty bad. I wrote it when I was twelve. Hope to see part of your novel soon. PM me if you have any questions.

So, what genre do you like to write?
What genre do you like to read?

Have fun on YWS!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:26 pm
VehementWriter says...

Thanks for the heads up on the rules! I'll definitely get to work on reviewing some work pretty soon.

Me? Romance is my favorite both to read and write... I'll basically love any genre, so long as it also has romance <3
"The power of accurate obeservation is often called cynicism by those who haven't got it." - Oscar Wilde.

If I could only see right to the end, I'd know just where to begin, and I could put together all the little pieces.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:29 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey Sam, it's Vivi here. So you're writing three novel, awesome. A lot of people around here are writing around that many too. Me? I'm working on two.

What else do you like to do besides writing? Figure that out, Then head on up to the little “Groups” Icon at the top of the page. Click it and search for a group with the interest that you have. If you find one, join it! If not, at the top of the page there’s a link to a forum where you can create a group. Have fun! And maybe join this awesome group while you’re at it.

Have you seen the colored usernames? Each color corresponds to a different job.
The Blue Greeters: We hang out around here, introducing ourselves to new members and helping them through the wonderful first couple of days in YWS. We love to help, so if you need any help, ask us!

The Purple Instructors: These people are the big reviewing people. They spend a lot of time reviewing and their reviews are long and very helpful. They are very nice, so if you need a question, ask them.

The Light Green and Green Mods: They watch over the forums and make sure that all is well. The junior mods look over only a couple of forums, and the Mods look over a bunch.

The Red: These crazy people are admins. They are the heads of YWS, we wouldn’t be the same great website without them. Yay Admins!

Orange: These are the distinguished members, or otherwise, the retired mods. They are pretty active and love to help.

Get it?

So, Sam. What are your other interests?

Feel free to PM me for any other help or reviews!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:45 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hihi!

So, I am one of those purps (Instructors/purples) that Viv mentioned. If you want help on fantasy or poetry (romance isn't my favourite, although I love romantic fantasy), feel free to bug me for a critique! If you need help critiquing I can also help you, as can all purples. We'll help you with anything writing-wise. ^_^

Another place to get help is the [ulr=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/writing_tips.php]Knowledge Base[/url], which is found by right clicking Resources in the header and selecting the Knowledge Base. The Knowledge Base is chock-full of articles on writing, poetry, YWS and grammar. You can find help on just about anything, do go ahead and poke around. There is a lot of stuff there, all for your benifit. Enjoy!

Finally, if you want good critiques on your work, please check out Will Review for Food, a subforum under The Lounge. There, people post threads saying they critique on request. The first post of those threads tells what the critic will review willingly. Read a few, then pick which one you think will give you the best critique. They will deliver, even if it takes a few days.

If you need anything, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri May 01, 2009 4:55 pm
JordanEmert says...

Hey Sam!
Welcome to YWS.
I can't wait to critique and read one of your
novels. Just PM me when you post one if you post one.

Be Active always!
-- Jordan
Well, yes mate. See, I’m dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you need to watch out for, because you never know when they’re going to do something incredibly..stupid.
Jack Sparrow<3

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat May 02, 2009 7:50 am
Snoink says...

Haha! I started writing when I was 11 too, though I'm sure you're a better writer than I was when I was sixteen. I slightly stunk in several different levels. :P

Anyway, welcome to YWS! It's good to see you around. I like romances, but generally the stories and stuff posted here are way too... um... corny, I guess. And yes, that includes my romance stories too, lol. So! I am wondering... how exactly do you avoid the cheesy dialogue in romance stories? Or do you revel in it?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun May 03, 2009 5:10 pm
mimimac says...

Hey Sam! I'm Mia.
Welcome to YWS! :D
Let me just tell you that YWS has greatly improved my writing and I think I've become a better writer on the whole thanks to this site. Everyone is always so helpful and nice, the reviews are amazing (I think I know how to give a good one too if I do say so myself :P) and we're a very close community. :)

Well I think the major things have been pointed out, I would suggest you join a usergroup to get to know more people and engage in discussion about your favourite topic. :) To do this, go on 'groups' at the top of the page and join which ever takes your fancy.

We have loads of contests here on YWS. Simply go on 'community' at the top of the page and choose one to join! The prizes usually consists of points or reviews (which as I said before, are usually pretty darn good.)

We also have an awesome chat room, which can be visited here:
http://host7110.123flashchat.com/youngwriterssociety/

However, we do have a few rules concerning chat, be sure to view them here:
viewarticlebody.php?t=19229

PM me if you have any questions or need any reviews. :D
xxMiaxx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker