z

Young Writers Society

hiiiiiii! <3

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:02 pm
edwardcullenxoxo says...

hey hey! I wish I was married to edwardcullen. He's sexy. x3 don't you all agree?

anyways, I joined the other night, but my internet was down, so I didn't get the chance to post a welcome message.

I mean, I'm just another newb, but you know. :D

I still wish I were bella. SO in order to do that, you can all call me bella!! :D won't that be great?

Besides, I don't want an internet predator getting my name, so an alias is in order. ^^

well. . . that's all for me.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:12 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey xoxo! Is there anything you would prefer to be called?
I'm Kat, nice to meet you.
First of all, I'd like to warn you to watch out. There are many Twilight haters here in YWS. But there are also many lovers, as myself :D. For that, I would advise you to click on the 'Groups button' scroll down and you'll find a group named 'Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move'. It's pretty cool.

Now, for the rules! We have three major rules, here.
- Rate your work. If it has adult themes or rough language please rate it as R. Rated works will appear on the Home page expect the ones rated R, because this is a family website after all.
- Keep a 2:1 ratio. That means that for every work of your you post, you should do two reviews.
- dn't rite lk dis. Cut the chat speak (although MC, POV and the traditional lol are allowed, but do not overuse them) and turn off you caps lock. We're all writers here, and he prefer proper grammar.

Also, Robert Pattinson is totally hot! :P Just wanted to make that statement.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:22 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Hmm...you seem to be making this difficult for me. I absolutely hate Twilight and I don't see how a fictional character can be hot. I probably won't call you Bella either. (: Anyway, I won't get started on this subject, it's off to the rules. (:

1. We have a 2:1 ratio here. Two reveiws for every post you make. This way everyone gets a reveiw for their work (:

2. We rly h8 it, when u talk lik dis. No chat speak. Ever. (: We're all writer's here, lets keep our grammar and spelling in tip top shape. (; Brb and lol are okay occasionly, but don't over use it. (:

3. As you have probably noticed, we have a colorful little rainbow here at YWS. (: Here is what the names mean.

~Blue - Greeters. Usually can be found here, greeting all the newbies (:
~Black - Regular people, like you and I
~Purple - Intructors. They give the *best* reviews.
~Green and light green - Moderators and junior moderator.
~Red - Administrators. They keep the site up and running smootly.
~Orange - Retired members

4. NO CAPS PLEASE! We prefer you not use caps. It's distracting and most of us don't care for it.

5. Be sure to rate your work. If you have curse words or graphic scenes, I would rate it R. When you do rate your work (well anything except R) it is featured on the home page of the site (:

I'm sure you'll find YWS to be a very freindly and welcoming place. I pretty much live here (: Don't let the rules freak you our either. They're here for everyone's best interest. (: In the mean time, tell us more about yourself. What's your favorite book? What kind of music do you listen to? What genre do you normally write in?

PM me if you have any questions or just want to talk.

~Nicole
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:25 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey, everyone else covered the rules. So, I guess I'm just saying hi! Okay, well there are a few things I can say...

A "review" must be at least three lines long.

If your work isn't rated R it will be viewed on the YWS home page.

So, Twilight fan, huh? I'm sure you'll find people who enjoy that book. Also people that don't. Yeah, like *writewatiwant* said, you should definitely check out the "Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move" group.

Well, have fun on YWS!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:18 pm
edwardcullenxoxo says...

Thank you for all the welcomes and for pointing out all that stuffs.

^^ I'll totally check out that group that you guys were talking about. sounds awesome. (:

I'll be sure to rate my work. :D most definitely.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sun May 03, 2009 1:14 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hi! :P welcome to YWS! I am half and half in agreement with you on Edward Cullen, I preferred Jacob myself :D What did you think of the film? To be honest I thought the books were a lot better, in the movie it just seemed a bit over the top!

Anyway, a lot of the rules have already been covered but I thought I'd mention a couple more things ^^

Well there's a brilliant chat room the you can access from the home page, it's a great way of meeting new people :) everyone is really friendly here so if you need anything then just ask!

I also thought I'd point out that there is a knowledge base here which has loads of tips on writing and reviewing and everything really :P You can get to it through resources :)

Oh and one more thing :D contests are a great way of earning extra points and there are always loads of different ones going on so it's a good idea to check it out!

Well I hope you are enjoying YWS so far! Have you written anything? There is a fan fiction section for if you did want to write some stories on Twilight :) Hope to see you around! PM me if you need anything!
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun May 03, 2009 2:09 pm
mimimac says...

Hey "Bella", I'm Mia!
As someone said above, be careful because not everyone shares your love for twilight. :P I personally read all four books and watched the movie. I enjoyed it but I'm not a twihard fan. :P (Personally I think Jasper is gorgeous... xD)

Anyways :P

We have an awesome chat room here:
http://host7110.123flashchat.com/youngwriterssociety/
There are certain rules to follow though:
NO TALKING IN ALL CAPS.
No chat speak. At all. :P
No doing this: heeeelooooo!!! Noooo!!! Byeeee!!
(You get the points)
Obey the chat moderators! These are the people whose names are in green and at the top of the who's online list. :) They have the power to kick you out if you don't listen to them or break the rules! So beware. :P

Certain term abbreviations are allowed here on YWS: ect, lol, brb, MC (main character).

There are many usergroups to join! Go on 'groups' at the top of the page and look to see if there are any you like :). You can meet loads of new members through them and join in many contests and discussions :D

PM me if you have any questions or need any reviews!
xxMiaxx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun May 03, 2009 2:34 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey Bella! I'm Stella (OMG, our names totally rhyme!) and may I welcome you to YWS! You like Edward eh? I'm more of a Jacob girl myself, but Robert Pattinson, now...

Okay so most of the important stuff has been covered, but I'm just going to add some little things:

You see the stars under people's names? Some yellow, some blue... those are based on how many reviews you do, I think it's 250 reviews for five yellow stars, then gradually they turn to blue, then to red. So the more reviews you do, the starrier you'll be :).

Also to do with reviews, if you run your mouse over "Home" at the top, you can find your way to the Leaderboards. Every day, month and week, there are rankings depending on how many reviews people do. On the front page there's also the Top Five User's Points, which basically tells you who has the most points in YWS at that moment...

You can earn points by reviewing and posting in the Welcome forum here. It costs a hundred points to put a piece of your own work up, but you can earn up to fifty points in a review, so really, it's not all that much! Every so often Nate (if you haven't encountered him, Nate is the uber-cool owner and boss of YWS) will reset everybody's points to 300, so that will give new members like yourself a chance to get into that top five list like all the older members. So you've nothing to lose!

And if you feel a little lost, look at the Buddy System here in the Welcome forum. It's where the YWS mentors are, run by Kitty 15. There you can get a mentor who will help you find your way around and get used to the site for your first few weeks.

I think that's basicallly it.

I hope to see you around, and feel free to PM me (using the button at the bottom of this post) if you need anything!

-Stella.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun May 03, 2009 2:36 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi Bella! I used to be a Twilight fanatic myself. :D I'm Music.

I'm sure you'll love YWS! It's a really great place to improve your writing and meet new people.

Thought I'd start by giving you the link to the usergroups. :D

So, do you have any favorite types of music? I really like Robert Pattinson's music from the Twilight album. :)

I'll go over the points system with you. See, besides doing two reviews, you also need 150 points for each piece you post on YWS. You can earn points by reviewing other people's works. We have a competition to see who can gain the most points, too!

Any questions? Concerns? Want to just talk about stuff? PM me. :D

Love,
Music
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon May 04, 2009 12:43 am
Linx says...

Hi there, Bella! We have a lot of Twilight lovers here, but we have some who don't like it as well. :wink: I guess it's just an opinion.

But, hi!! Welcome to YWS, the best place on the internet to learn how to write gooder.

But YWS is like a family as well. We love doing surprises and special things for people. That's why you should check out the link that is in my signature. We are trying to get as many people to do it as possible.

Here on YWS, we also have an e-newsletter. There are a bunch of articles about writing and the site, so why don't you check it out? You can see them by clicking the Squills button on the top header.

So, more about you! What all do like to write? Do you like any other authors besides Stepheine Meyer?

Feel to PM me if you need any help, if you want a review, or you just want to talk. :D

I'll hope to see you around!

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything's different?
— C.S. Lewis