z

Young Writers Society

To Introduce myself

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:58 pm
Lenne Ziegler says...

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lenne Ziegler and I am a "relatively" young writer who lives just outside of Toronto. I am currently obtaining my English degree and have a deep passion for words. I love poetry and started writing it when I was a teenager during a pretty rough period in my life. Since then I have written poetry and short stories but have never shared them. I am also interested in honing my writing skills and thought that this community may be a good place to do it. I was recommended to join this society by a friend. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and, I guess for now, goodbye.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:16 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS!

Yes, YWS is a great place to hone writing. Glad to see you joined. You will definitely improve your writing and help others improve theirs.

Make sure you check out the guides, FAQs and rules of the site if you haven't already. Check out the help and support section if you have any problem concerning the lay out of the site.
If you have any other question, concerns, or just want a review be sure to PM me.

So get writing, reviewing and posting!
See you around.
-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:27 pm
Demeter says...

Hello, Lenne!

Nice to meet you! I'm pretty sure you'll find visiting this place most rewarding and plesant, at least I sure hope so. ;) People here are very friendly, which you'll come to notice sooner than you think!

Oh, by the way – is your name pronounced like "Lenny" or more like "Lenn" – or perhaps something else? :)

I hope you enjoy your stay here! Also, if you have any questions about anything, I'll be more than happy to help – just throw me a PM. See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:32 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Lenne and welcome to the amazing, awesome and addicting world of YWS. Soon you won't be able to stay away from the site, trust me. ;) My name is Selene, by the way. Nice to meet you.

So here are some fun rules to get you started! :D

~ Please rate your work. If your writing has vulgar language, such as the F-word, or sex scenes, please rate it R and so on.

~ We have a 2:1 ratio here on YWS when it comes to reviewing and posting your own work. For every piece of work you submit, you must review two pieces of work here on YWS.

~ Do not use all CAPs or chat-speak on YWS. For example: "dont tk lk dis cuz itz nt gr8." or "DONOT TALK LIKE THIS!!!". You may use term abbreviations, such as the classic lol and POV.

So do tell a bit more about yourself.

~ What genre do you enjoy writing?

~ What's your favorite book?

~ Who's your favorite author?

If you have any questions or would like a review, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

He began to wonder why he had felt uneasy at all. It was like a man wondering in broad daylight why a dream had appeared so terrible to him at night.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart