z

Young Writers Society

sup

Reviews: 2
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:28 am
aynrandh8r says...

hey there, name's richie. i don't like ayn rand, as you can see, i thought her books were boring, predictable, and not very well written. but other than that, i'm pretty cool right now with lots of lit and stuff. tryin to get into it more, write some shit and stuff, see what i can dream up, so to speak haha. yeah, my normal brain is too boring, so i have to get all my inspiration from my dreams, ha, just kidding. anyway, nice to be here.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Richie, and welcome to YWS!

Here are a few main rules we have here:

~There is a 2:1 ratio with reviewing submitting work. You must review two pieces of work here before submitting your own.

~No cursing outside of the Literature forums.

~Please review your work. If there are mature scenes or vulgar language, please rate your work R and so on.

If you have a question or would like a review, feel free to PM me anytime.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:32 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Hey Richie. I'm Tiger (:

To add to what Selene said about the rules:

1. No chat speak! We're all writer's here, so let's try to have correct puntuation and grammar. (: Occasionly brb or lol is okay, but don't go crazy with it.

2. NO CAPS!!!! It's annoying and gets on other's nerves.

3. I'm sure you've noticeed the rainbow of names. Here is what they mean

~ Black - Regular people like you and me (:
~ Blue - Greeters, usually hang out here in the Welcome thread and tell the newbie's about the rules (:
~ Purple - Instructors, they give the *best* reveiws
~Green and light green - Moderators and Junior Moderators
~Red - Administrators, keep the site up and running
~Orange - Retired members

Now don't let the rules freak you out. They just help the site stay clean for everyone. (: Tell us more about yourself. What genre do you srite? Does music influluence your writing? What do you like to do in your free time?

I look foward to seeing you around and if you have any questions, or just want to talk PM (private message) me. (:

~Nicole
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:04 pm
aynrandh8r says...

sorry bout the "cursing," i saw the "13-25," and i don't know any 13-year old who isn't awed by the power of curse words, but whatev, i guess every site's different. and these rules are too much man, gotta let yourself go a bit. still, where would we be without rules? anarchy. in the u.[s]k.[/s]s.a. e-anarchy. anyway, right now i'm writing poetry and shi- stuff. it's really free and loose, sorta flow of consciousness.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

lol I'm an exception to the children who think cursing is awesome. Plus, it's a rule, so as long as you are respectful of them you'll get along well with everyone. :)

Oh, and thanks for not cursing. We have very young innocents here, hence the site title Young Writers Society. That is why we have all these rules.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 am
View Likes
aynrandh8r says...

i think there are a lot of adults who need more rules than most kids... the current financial crisis, anyone?
This is a chance to dance our way out of our constrictions.

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
— Noam Chomsky