Young Writers Society

Hola!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:36 pm
doodle:] says...

Hi!! My name is Rebecca but I prefer Becca or Doodle is fine too. :]
I love smilie faces. :D
I live in the U.S. in the middle of nowhere. I love writing (obviously or I wouldn't be here) and I love writing fiction. Mostly fantasy, but also other things!
So I can't wait to meet more people on this site! :]

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:49 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hola Doodle. I am Vivi. How are you doing today? It is amazingly great that you came here. This is the best writing forum for young writers in the world. :D

But we do have some rules here:

:idea: The 2:1 ratio! You have to post two reviews before you post something of your own. People are more likely to review your work if you review theirs.

:idea: Keep curse words where they belong, in Literature. And if you do put them in your writing, rate it R.

:idea: Prty Plz dnt tlk lik dis. Is vry anoyin. Occasional brbs, or lols are okay, but don’t overuse them.

:idea: NO CAPS! WE HATE CAPS!!! WE HATE THEM!!! Even if you HATE something so badly, please do not use caps.

:idea: Try not to use many smilies. I know, it’s tempting with all the cool ones out there, but please limit them.

So, what are your other interests? Do ya like to draw, or cook?

Feel free to PM me if you need help or want me to review your work.

So...

Ice cream or Cookies?

Cupcakes or Cake?

Beach or Mountains?
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:23 pm
Meshugenah says...

Hi! So, I love your name. Not that I'm, like, biased 'cause it's my name too, or, like, anything ;)

Welcome to YWS! So you're a fantasy person, eh? What's your favorite series/type of fantasy? I used to absolutely love Tamora Pierce and Robin McKinley and Diane Duane -- ok, more like still do, I just don't have time to read them all day long like I used to!

What "other things" do you like? In terms of writing and aside! Like... any weird talents you want to share? Like being able to play your nose? 'Cause that'd be wicked awesome.

Anyhoo, hope you enjoy YWS! PM me if you have any questions, wanna say hi, etc!

Mesh/Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:35 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

'Ello, Becca! I have a friend named Becca, well, actually two. Welcome to YWS, glad you could join us. I can't write fantasy, I can't think of creative ideas for that sort of thing. I also live in the middle of nowhere. In Wisconsin, blech... Well, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but, some people's user names have certain colors. Here's a guide:

:arrow: Black: These are normal members, like you.
:arrow: Light Blue: They are greeters, like me! They make sure new members feel welcome, and answer any of their questions.
:arrow: Purple: They are instructors. They give the best, most in-depth reviews. Usually, they have a Will Review For Food thread. There, you can ask them for a review. If you click on the Community Forums button in the header, scroll down to The Lounge, you will find a link to Will Review For Food.
:arrow: Dark Green and Light Green: They are Moderators and Junior Moderators. Junior Moderators have moderating powers on some forums, and Moderators have moderating power on all forums.
:arrow: Red: They are site administrators, they make sure the site is running smoothly.
:arrow: Orange: They are distinguished members, retired mods.

Well, I hope to see some of your work up soon. Feel free to PM me with any questions!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

34 Reviews

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:46 pm

Thanks!

Uh... I play the flute? I'm not sure if you would call that a talent, though, because I'm not all that good at it.

Vivi, to answer your questions I would have to say it's a tie between Icecream and cookies. As along for cake and cupcakes. Hmm... Beaches and mountains are hard because I've never really seen one except for on T.V. or in pictures.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:04 pm
View Likes
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hiya, Doodle! I'm Music. *waves* Smileys are fun, by the by.

Welcome to YWS, darling! You play the flute? I play the bass clarinet, myself. xD *racks brain for something to say*

Ooh, I've got it!

A good way to meet people who share your interests is to click on the "Groups" button- located on the black bar at the top of any YWS page. We have all sorts of groups, so search for one that suits your fancy and join! :D (There's even a one for band geeks!)

Another good way to meet people is to check out our chat room. We just got a new one, and it's amazing! Scroll down on the home page and look to the left to find it.

You'll be making friends in no time, my dear!

PM me with any questions! I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Love,
Music
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 pm
Chloe(: says...

I play the flute, too. I guess I'm pretty good at it, but I'm not great. Well, my parents think I'm good, but you can only expect them to be biased, so yea. ;)
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

34 Reviews

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:35 pm

I think all parents say everything their child does is good. Well, at least mine do.

Thanks, Music! I'll be sure to check those out!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:24 am
Snoink says...

Parents are awesome like that. :) Though my parents are weird and will ask, "Did you squeak?" after every concert. Silly parents!

Anyway, we'll get to know each other really well. Thanks for joining in the completely evil plan! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou