z

Young Writers Society

Greetings!!

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:24 pm
Octave says...

Greetings from halfway around the world (or a quarter of the way, or an eighth of the way, or even just from the house down the street)!

My (pen)name is Kara Hargreaves. I am, however, truly female. I'm not lying about my age...yet. (Maybe when I'm fifty-something I'd want to think I was still forty plus but hey, whatever. Not the time to worry about it.)

Right, so a little about me.

I like neutral colors. They make me feel calm. My handwriting is stick-like (its defining trait, according to my classmates) so it's easily spotted because it's really straight, the capital letters are huge and the small letters are tiny. Forgive the random information moment.

I tend to be competitive sometimes, but I'm here in YWS to learn from better people, not to compete.

One day I dream of running a corporation complete with a building in New York, Tokyo, London and all the other big cities in the world.

I love music and will cease to function without it. I use my iPod way more than my cellphone (my dad even wonders why he bought me a cellphone). Don't get me wrong, I have friends who text me all the time. It's just that I'm too lazy to reply. :)

Anyway, I hope to learn plenty of things here in YWS. I stumbled upon it and I just realized it seemed like a friendly place where everybody helps everyone else.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:05 pm
Hannah says...

Welcome to YWS, Kara Hargreaves! That's a lovely pen-name, my dear. ^_^ Teehee~
I actually don't even have an iPod! Well, I have an iPod shuffle that my ex-boyfriend's sister got me for my birthday, but I could never get it to work and never bothered to take it to any experts on the subject, so it sits, still in my drawer, unused {though I think I put some music on it!}.

Anyways, let me just mention a few of the most important rules for you to remember while you're here.

Firstly, we try to keep a 2:1 ratio of reviews to works. That means you must review works from other members {two or more} before posting any work of your own for review/critique! ^_^

Secondly, though this doesn't seem like it will be a problem for you at all, we do not appreciate chatspeak {as in, don't allow it}, though common literary abbreviations such as POV or MC are completely acceptable.

Thirdly, be sure to rate your work when you get around to posting it. This makes it possible for your work to be seen on the front page or guarded from being seen on the front page if the rating is too high for general audiences.

So, what genre do you consider yourself best in? And what other genres do you dabble in?
Favorite book? Greatest influence? You like music, so share some of your tastes?

Let me know if you ever need anything -- reviews, cookies, ponies, information, anything! =D

I'm Hannah, by the way. ^_^ Teehee~~

Again, welcome~

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:36 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Kara! Nice to meet you, I'm Kat. Your random information just made me smile :)
So, welcome to YWS! You'll have great joy here, and soon will be very much addicted as the rest of us ;)
I would like to thank Hannah, for the very well made introduction to the rules.
So, I would like to explain to you our star ranks!
They go for your reviews. As you have none reviews, you have zero stars.

For Yellow Stars:

5 Reviews = 1 Star

25 Reviews = 2 Stars

75 Reviews = 3 Stars

150 Reviews = 4 Stars

250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:

350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars

450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars

550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars

650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star

750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:

850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars

950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars

1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars

1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star

1250 Reviews = 5 Red Stars

And our rainbow! If you have noticed, we some of the users have their name colored. Well, that's because they have jobs.

~Blue
Greeters. We greet the newbies (like yourself) and make them feel welcomed, as for answering their questions.

~Purple
Instructors, as Hannah above. You should go tot hem when you want a good review (that does not mean that the rest of us doesn't give good reviews), because their job is to give the most detailed and constructive reviews and answer our questions.

~Green (dark and light)
Light green is for Junior Moderators or Moderators in training. Dark green is for Mods. They run the forums.

~Red. A
Administrators. They make sure the site runs smoothly.

~Orange.
Distinguished members. They're basically retired mods or Adms, but they still have some authority.

Now, tell us more about yourself! What are your hobbies and favs? Author, book, music, band/artist, movie, food? What kind of genre do you like to read, review and write?

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Oh, I'm sorry. My friends are in the popcorn and I have to save them.
— Tori Hansen, Power Rangers Ninja Storm