z

Young Writers Society

New here :D

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:17 am
bailecielo says...

Hi everyone! :D i'm coco.. aka "bailecielo" :D it's one of my pen names... don't ask me what it means, because i totally forgot! :D Anyway, i've been using this for only a few day now, and i already love it! :D Anyway, a friend of mine suggested i make myself known to everybody through here... so, hello! :D hehe! looking forward to reading more works! :D hope you read and like mine too! :D
"Love is the black of cliches" ~bailecielo'09~

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:33 pm
Adnamarine says...

Whoa, holy smilies batman.

xD

Nice to see some enthusiasm, Coco!

But wow, go you! 16 review already! Love to see the new members get right into the swing of things.
So I guess the 'write two reviews before posting your own stuff' is a bit obsolete at this point. ;P But we would also like it if you could do at least two reviews for each story/poem/other you post! Keep things even, and you're more likely to get reviews on your stuff if you do it for others.
So keep it up!

Just a quick mention though; do you think you could use proper capitalization? :) Writer's forum and all. Chatspeak is also frowned on here, so you're aware.

So tell me, what kinds of things do you like to write? What are your interests? (if you check out the usergroups, there's sure to be something there to pique your interest)

I'm really looking forward to seeing you around the site a lot!

And if you have any questions, please PM me! I'd love to help :)

Welcome aboard, awesome newb ;)

-Adna
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:03 pm
deleted_5 says...

Hiya and welcome!!! I'm glad you like YWS. It's a site loaded with fun.

If you've noticed, there are people here with very colourful names. (Like mine for example.) They represent different jobs.

Black: are the regular members like you. You have a pretty good job, no? :D
Cyan:These are the people like me and Adna. We are the greeters. We make sure you don't get lost and answer any questions. We have the best job.
Purple:These guys are the Instructors, their job is to do reviews and literary stuff.
Light Green: These fellas are the Jr. Mods. They help the moderators with the site.
Green: They are the main Moderators on the website.
Red: They are the Administrators. They are Nate, Firestarter, and Meshugenah. (Meshoogenah. :wink:)
Orange: They are the Distinguished Members.

Well, I hope I've shed some light on the name colours. I'll tell you a bit about groups now.

Usergroups are the funnest things ever. There are groups for all sorts of stuff. From the World inside a Book; Inkheart, to Matt's Happy place, to the Character Development. They are loads of fun and you can make lots of friends. Just click on the Groups button on the toolbar. I hope you'll join some! :D

Well, I've jabbered enough. Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself.
What's your favourite book?
Who's your favourite author?
What genre do you like to read?
What genre do you like to write?
Who's your favourite band?

Oops! I'm getting out of control with the questions. Sorry! Once again, welcome to the site!!! :D

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:04 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Welcome (:

I'm WhiteTiger, but who can shorten my name however you want. Or you could just call me Nicole ;)

Anyway, I'm excited to see you've already made yourself at home. (: I'm sure that you'll be addicted in no time. By the way, nice smile-y's (:

Oh and one more rule. If you love Twilight your on my bad list (; Kidding. So long as you don't talk about how hot Edward Cullen is. (:

Let's here more about you. Does music influence your writing? Have you posted anything yet? What's your favorite book? Favorite author? Well, I hope to see you around and if you ever need a review, you know who to ask. (Me, of course) (:

PM me if you need a review, have any questions, or just want to chat. (:

~Nicole
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:26 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Coco! I'm Kat, nice to meet you, dear :D
Wow! Those are some smileys! I love them too.
So, welcome to YWS! How you doing? *points microphone* *awkward silence* Hum, moving on!

It seems you have been very well advised by Adna, Lucy and Tiger!
I would like to explain to you our star rank!

It works around your reviews.
For Yellow Stars:

5 Reviews = 1 Star

25 Reviews = 2 Stars

75 Reviews = 3 Stars

150 Reviews = 4 Stars

250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:

350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars

450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars

550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars

650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star

750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:

850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars

950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars

1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars

1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star

1250 Reviews = 5 Red Stars

See? There are many people with blue stars and even red stars! I worship them very much, because reviews are hard to do!
Anyway, tell us more about yourself! What do you like to do?
Big Mac or salad?
Dress or pants?
(random questions)

See you around, and PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:05 pm
Clo says...

Welcome, Coco!

This is wonderful website for writers, and you'll fit right in! I hope you stick around, and review a lot and post many stories!

Everyone with colored name is completely accessible (such as myself) so feel free to PM anyone of us if you have any questions or need help! About anything - we're all very friendly here.

Also, if you have any questions about writing, checkout our Knowledge Base, where we have many articles on writing and getting around the site: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/writing_tips.php

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

42 Reviews

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:37 am
bailecielo says...

Hi everyone! :D Thanks for all your help and warm welcomes. Adna, thanks for the tip. You won't see anymore 'chatspeak', that i assure you. Oh! did i overdo the smileys? *laughs*

Anyway, just so you know me a bit more: [thanks lucy!]

What's your favourite book?

This question's a bit too hard for me! :D Just too many to mention! But a few bit are: Angels &Demons, Memoirs of a Geisha, Daughter of Fortune, Persuasion, Pride&Prejudice, Emma, 3Musketeers, the Scarlet Pimpernel, and a whole lot more! :D

Who's your favourite author?

Fave author? No one in particular, but of course I definitely love the authors of the books i mentioned. So, there's : Austen, Dumas, Dan Brown, etc! :D

What genre do you like to read?

I love historical fiction, mystery and maybe a few classics :D

What genre do you like to write?

I'm known (in school) as an essayist, but i secretly love writing poems! :D I write stories now and then, but i never finish, even when the whole storyline is stuck in my head! :(
Oh! and I also enjoy writing editorials and anything that requires a lot of opinion. :)

Who's your favorite band?

Again, this is hard! I'm into a lot of varieties of music because of my love for dancing. But of course, i love laying back to enjoy alternative tunes. A few of my fave bands are: Creed, Googoo dolls, the Calling, Three Doors Down, Third-eye blind, Lifehouse, the Script, Holiday Parade, Stephen Speaks, Blink182, Bowling for Soup, etc! *i can go on forever!* I love bossanova! :D

*Nicole: Don't worry! I'm not a big twilight fan! Never even lifted a page! *laughs* I'm not into anything that's too overrated! :) And I'd settle for more realistic characters like my dear Comte de la Fere (Athos,3 musketeers)! :) Vampire hunk? I don't buy it! :D It's like a vegetarian falling for a piece of meat! [Sorry to all twilight fans! Just speaking out!]

Nice meeting all of you! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:44 am
BlueShift says...

Hi sis! I didn't know you've read Memoirs of a Geisha... beautiful work of historical fiction, no? :D

And in my opinion, you are a true poetess :). Your language, your style, your very ideals find home in poetry :). Yay! :D

42 Reviews

Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:14 am
bailecielo says...

sis: Oh! Didn't i tell you about it?! I read it LONG before the movie came out! Movie was alright, but the book was so much better! Read it! :) Aww.. you're so sweet! :) But you're just being too nice! Still have a lot to learn about poetry! Thanks nyway! i LOVE yah! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya!

People have covered a lot of stuff here! I'd just like to talk about the Resources button in the header. Right click on it, then select the Knowledge Base. You'll be brought to a database full of articles. They cover topics from navigating YWS, to poetry to prose... and everything in between. Look around to see what's there. You might want to set aside a few hours. :P (There are a lot of articles, and it's easy to loose track of time)

Historical fiction, eh? I like that genre myself. I don't write it, but I do enjoy reading it. As long as your historical fact is all well and good. xD I'm a stickler for historical accuressy.

If you want/need anything, drop me a line! I'm also purple, so feel free to bug me for reviews.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan