z

Young Writers Society

'Ello! *waves*

Reviews: 4
Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:14 pm
Elentari says...

Hello, I'm a writer, (wait, you probably guessed that) and decided to join another forum. I'm a member of Impulsive writers and Inheritance Forums. I'm Thirteen, and live in Minnesota, sooooo, HII. Oh yeah, I can't spell squat, so I'll need some help there!!!!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:19 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Hi Elentari and welcome to YWS! I've never been on those forums, but in my humble opinion, the Young Writer's Society is one of the best sites out there for young people who want to improve their writing! The members are friendly and give in-depth and helpful critiques, the community is strong, and Nate (our admin) is constantly working to keep improving the site. We love new members, but we do ask that you follow the rules. These are the most important:

1) Review 2 pieces for every one you post. This makes sure that everyone gets enough critiques of their piece. Also, don't flood the forums with multiple pieces, as reviewers will notice and not want to review them. Once or twice a week is often enough. Also, a review needs to be at least three lines in order to count as a review.
2) No chat speak. We're writers, so we always at least try to use proper spelling/grammar. It's okay if you're not always the best speller, as long as you make a solid effort and don't just write "LoL dat wuz sooooooooooooooooo grate i luv it." This gets annoying fast and we don't like it around here.

Check out the "Help and Support" section for more tips and FAQ, or feel free to PM me.

Now, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:41 am
Hannah says...

Hey, Elentari! Can I call you Elen? Teehee~
Glad to see another Midwesterner around here. I live in Wisconsin, but used to live in Minnesota.

Anyways, I'd also like to just mention that you should definitely rate your work when you get around to posting some new work! That way it shows up on the front page and makes it easier for people to find. If, however, you write something with a mature theme or the F-bomb, rate it 'R', so it /doesn't/ show on the front. =]

What genres do you especially like to write? What books have you been influenced by? If you can pick, what's your favorite book? ^_^ Tell us a bit more about yourself.

Also, be sure to check out the Knowledge Base. It's under the resources box at the top of the page. =] It has a bunch of helpful articles about any subject you need! It'll help make sure all your work is top-notch even before it goes to get reviewed.

Speaking of reviews, let me know whenever you post any of your work, okay? You can see that my name is purple, which means I'm an instructor. That means that I'm specifically here to help you out! Any one else you see in purple will be more than willing to help you out with a review as well.

Feel free to PM me and let me know if you have any questions at all okay? =D

Welcome to YWS and I hope you make a home here~ <3

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:42 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

A few things that Niteowl forgot to mention. *gets distracted by moving smile-y's*

1. As you have probably noticed. Some names are color coated. This is because thay have taken on jobs here at YWS.

Black - Regulars llike you and me
Blue - Greeters, meet the new kids and introduce them.
Purple - Instructors, they give the *best* reveiws.
Green - Moderators
Light Green - Junior Moderators
Red - Administrators, help keep the site up and running (:

That's pretty much everything I can think about at the moment, so for now, tell us more about yourself. What's your favorite author? What kind of music do you listen to? What genre to you normally write in? (:

Don't let the rules scare you off either. They're to benefit you. I would suggest you look into some groups and finding one your interested in. It's under the groups tab (obviously) (:

PM me if you need a question answered, a reveiw of your work, or just to chat. (:

~Nicole
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:25 am
Elentari says...

Well, I write fantasy, and have written two short stories, one that sucks, and I'm working on the sequel to another. The good one is called Star-Flight, and that's what I'll be posting eventually. You people seem very friendly, it's nice to be welcomed again! ;) Music? I like Creed, and there songs Don't stop dancing, and lullaby. I find my writing heavily influenced by Tolkien, and Nancy Yi Fan, who published a book at 12. Sooooo... Yeah, you can expect a story shortly, I'm editing it, so lord knows how much help I need!!!!
She wrote herself wings and flew away...

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:33 am
Hannah says...

Well, I write fantasy, and have written two short stories, one that sucks, and I'm working on the sequel to another. The good one is called Star-Flight, and that's what I'll be posting eventually. You people seem very friendly, it's nice to be welcomed again! Wink Music? I like Creed, and there songs Don't stop dancing, and lullaby. I find my writing heavily influenced by Tolkien, and Nancy Yi Fan, who published a book at 12. Sooooo... Yeah, you can expect a story shortly, I'm editing it, so lord knows how much help I need!!!!

Oh, so if you're influenced by Tolkien, you must write intense fantasy, yes? I've dabbled in fantasy a bit {hopefully my first novel will be some fantasy}, but I like to keep the setting and characters realistic for the most part and just have certain elements be fantastical. =]

I've never heard of Nancy Yi Fan. How old is she now? What did she write?

Also, be sure to review a couple works from other members before posting some of Star-Flight. AND be sure to PM me when you have posted it, okay? Then I can take a look at it. I'm excited! =D

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:02 am
Elentari says...

nancy Yi Fan wrote sword bird, and published sword quest at age... umm... like, 14, I think she's sixteen now... I've done one review, have
She wrote herself wings and flew away...

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:08 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hihi Elentari. I am the awesome Vivi. I am so glad that you found this awesome site.

Nancy Yi Fan is totally awesome, I am a fan too. Maybe I can publish a novel soon. Maybe. Probably. Hopefully. Probably not, though.

Hey Elentari, have you seen those stars under avatars? Those keep track of the amount of reviews you have done. Here is the very simple system:

5 Reviews = 1 Star

25 Reviews = 2 Stars

75 Reviews = 3 Stars

150 Reviews = 4 Stars

250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:

350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars

450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars

550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars

650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star

750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:

850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars

950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars

1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars

1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star

1250 Reviews = 5 Red Stars

Feel free to PM me if you need any help or want a review!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott