z

Young Writers Society

Why Hello There!

Reviews: 4
Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:01 pm
Whales_Rock says...

:D Hello people! I'm Kayla and I like whales! I've been looking for a site like this forever! This is really cool. I've literally been writing since I was five (the stories are hilariously bad and the illustrations are horrific! XD) I've always wanted to write a full story but whenever I started I always ended up stopping. That was when I was younger and didn't use outlines. Now I've got a real nice idea and I've been outlining it, and ITS LOOKIN PRETTY GOOD. 8) If you look in my computer files (which I hope you don't) theres literally ove r a hundred unfinished stories. I've always aspired to be a writer!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:23 pm
Jiggity says...

Hiya! Welcome to YWS!

I hope you enjoy your stay here as much as I have! We have some rules and obligations but I'm sure you'll learn the ropes soon enough and someone else will be along soon enough to point them anyway, I'm sure. Just here to welcome you! And say hi. And if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to PM me or give a shout to a Junior Moderator (like myself, all radioactive and green), a Moderator (a dark green) or an Admin (fiery red, but really quite nice once you get to know them).

Again, welcome!

:D

~J
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Hello Kayla!

It is a pleasure to meet you. Yay! Another 13 year old. Just like me. So you an avid writer huh? Yeah, YWS is an awesome place for writers.
There are a few rules...

~ No chatspeak, swearing, or all caps. It gets annoying.

~ Rate your work. Because there are some younger people on the site.

~ For every story/poem you post you have to do two reviews. Reviews have to be at least three lines long. Remember, posting stories take out points and reviews give you points...

Yep. Please follow these rules.
Each color has a different job. Black has no job. Now for the other colors Jiggity didn't mention:

Blue
~Greeter
~They greet newbies, answer questions, etc... (they will be coming soon!)

Purple
~Instructor
~They give reviews that really help your story improve.

Orange
~Distinguished members
~Retired moderators. They can be reactivated at any time.

Yep. That's all the colors! Welcome to YWS!
PM me if you have any questions.

~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:21 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Kayla! Welcome to YWS, dear. I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^^
Oh, don't worry. I have millions of unfinished stories and tons of ideas in my head that just won't come out.
Not that storm has so well explained the rules and a bit of rainbow, I will proceed for the rest of our rainbow and the titles.
So, if you have noticed, some users have their names colored. That's because we have jobs.
Storm has explained three out of five.

Green
there's dark and light green. Light green will be junior moderators or moderators in training and dark green will be moderators. Their job is to control the forums,as Jiggity above.

Red
Administrators. They make sure the site is running smoothly.

Now, for the titles! We have titles, as in gentleman and Duke, but ours are pretty cool. They work in order of your posts.

New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15-49 posts
Writer: 50-99 posts
Senior Writer: 100-249 posts
Novelist (where you start getting those custom titles): 250-499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts
And there are more, as master of the forum and so.

Tell us more about yourself! You love wales, right? Duh, obviously. Anyway
Pop or rock?
Dress/skirt or pants? (random questions)

Anywho, what or who are your favorites? Author, book, music, band/artist, food, color?

PM if you need anything, a review or just want to chat!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:22 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey Kayla! So, you like whales? Cool, I do too. By the way, I love your avatar. Once I went to an aquarium, and the dolphins and whales there splashed so much water at me. I was soaked!

Have you noticed the little icons at the top? One of them says 'Groups.' There are a lot of user groups you can enter there. There's everything from Writing Groups to Animal Rights groups. Maybe you can make one about whales. I'd join!

So feel free to PM me if you need any help, or want a critique of your writing. Adios for now!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:25 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

I love whales too! (But as you can tell from my username, magical creatures are my favourites.) What are your favourite species of whales?

Another one of those icons, called Resources, is a great one to check out. Hover your mouse over it and click on the Knowledge Base from the drop-down menu. That'll bring you to a database full of articles that talk about poetry, prose and YWS in general. All the articles were written by YWSers, and they're really helpful!

Also, I'd like to point out you can PM the purple-named members you see on the boards. We're more then happy to help you with your writing or your critiquing. We are good at both. :P I would suggest asking Instructors who review in your chosen genre over those who you might randomly see. If you go by genre, you're more likely to get an Instructor who can help you to the best of their abilities. Because not all purples do everything. ^_^

If you need anything, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:30 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Kayla! That's a nice name, really. I have a friend whose sister is named Kayla. She's scarily good at tae kwon do.

Anywho, enough. Rules and just about everything has been explained, so check that off my list. If I can find it. My dad jokes that my room is a black hole- everything inside of it eventually disappears. Sometimes, they pop up outside of my room, downstairs, in school, but usually, they're gone forever.

Now, tell us more about yourself. What kind of movies do you like to watch? What are your interests in music? What do you like to write? How about other hobbies? What do you want to accomplish here on YWS? Later in life? Other things?

Well, if you ever need anything, you can PM me. I hope to see you around soon. It was great meeting you. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:04 pm
Whales_Rock says...

Ohj, my many questions

She's scarily good at tae kwon do.

Heh Heh! XD I do Tae Kwon Do also

What are your favourite species of whales?

My favorite is Gray, it's the first type I saw

My favorite music (this is peculiar for my age) is the stuff from the Classic Musicals (West Side Story, Kiss Me, Kate, South Pacific, etc.) Nothing modern. Modern make me want to just collapse to the ground and start crying, honestly :lol:

Thank You people for making me feel welcome!
Whales Rock.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:27 am
bubblegum says...

Welcome to YWS, Kayla! ^^

Well, just like you I also have many unfinished stories on my computer.
And I'm not so good at finding something to write about,
but I'm still trying!
Hmm, well I look forward to see you at the forums, though.
Btw, you're on my age.. Hahha xD

~ Bubblegum
May all your dreams come true.. (even the ones they laughed at).

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:41 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Kayla and welcome to YWS!

Since it seems a lot has already been explained, I'll just tell you about the wonderful star system we have here. You may have noticed that people have stars under their usernames, and this shows how much a person has reviewed on YWS.

The Yellow Stars
5 Reviews= 1 Star
25 Reviews= 2 Stars
75 Reviews= 3 Stars
150 Reviews= 4 Stars
250 Reviews= 5 Stars

The Blue Stars
350 Reviews= 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews= 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews= 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews= 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750= 5 Blue Stars

The Red Stars
850 Reviews= 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews= 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars

And it goes on until you have all red stars, but you should probably just worry about the yellow stars. Few members here have all red stars, except for people who have been here for a really long time, like Snoink.

If you want all those stars, better get reviewing! ;) And if you have any questions or would like a review, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
— Miles Kington