hey im new!

Reviews: 2
Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:05 pm
justletmedream says...

hi everybody!

im new here .

i just found the web site.

im turning 14 this year...

basically i really really like to write!

so if anybody can tell me about the site and all- i would like that ;)

and im open to anyone who wants to be friends!

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:06 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Hey Justletmedream! I'm Tiger. I know that you'll love this site. I practically live here (: I can't wait to read some of your posts, but first, we have a few rules.

We have a 2:1 ratio. Two reveiws for every post you make. This way everyone can have some feedback and people aren't posting way too much.

Next their are the names. I'm sure you've noticed that some names are colored. Here's what they mean:

Black- regulars people like you and me (:
Blue- greeters. People who usually hang out here and introduce you to the site.
Purple- Instructors. They give the *best* reviews. (:
Green - Moderators. Pretty self-explanitory. Just make sure everythings going smoothly.
Light Green - Junior moderators.
Red - Site Administrators. They help out with the site; keeping it up and running.

Also, their is no chat talk. Brb, lol, and things like that are okay every now and then but don't go overboard.

No CAPS. It gets kind of annoying. Best avoid it.

Rate your work. If you have...innopropriate scenes or language, you would probably want to rate it R. When you do rate it, your work is featured on the home page (: Well, so long as it's not R, of course.

That's pretty much it. I'm sure someone else will come along and fill you in on the ones I missed but in the mean time, tell me a little bit more about yourself. What kind of music do you like? What's your favorite book? What do you like to do in your spare time?

I'll definetly add you as a freind. (:
PM (private message) me if you have any questions.

~Tiger
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:30 pm
lilymoore says...

Well dream (I hope your okay with the nickname), it's nice to welcome you to most awesome writing site ever!

So, WhiteTiger covered the most basic rules. But, I can see by your post that you may definitely have som trouble with the no chat speak, which also includes using propper grammer, punctuation, and capitalizationg.

Anyway, I hope I didn't sound to mean about it. But I hope you still feel very welcome here and you can always ask me about anything. :D
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:19 pm
sofi says...

Hey there!

Welcome to the site! If you like to write then you will definately love it here! It can get pretty addictive.

So is there anything in particular that you like to write?
Favourite books authors?

Don't let all the rules and things scare you off :D They're just around to make sure everything runs smoothly and make the site better for us to use.

Anyway, glad to have you here, it's always nice to have new additions :D

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:58 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey, justletmedream! I love your user name *steals*. Do you want us to call you by something else? What is your real name? Some people call me Viv, Vivi, Viva, ya get the picture. But justletmedream is hard.

What are you interested in? You can join a user group that has your interest, or make your own. But I should tell you how to make a user group. You go up to the "Group" icon at the top of the page. Once you click it you'll come to a page full of user groups of almost all interests possible. Above, 'My Recently Updated Groups,' you should see a link to a forum about making user groups. You can join one in the making, or make a new one. But if you make a new one, make sure that there isn't another group similar to the one you're about to make ;)

PM me if you'd like any help or want me to review anything you've written!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:14 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Does fourteen also mean highschool?

Another thing you can find in the header, under Resources, is the Knowledge Base. (Hover your mouse over the Resources button to find it). The Knowledge Base is a database filled with articles on poetry, prose and YWS. All the articles were written by YWSers, for your reading pleasure. ^_^ It's a great palce to find help or just loose yourself in.

As you can probably see, I'm one of the purple-named members Tiger mentioned. You can ask me for reviews or help with critiquing. You can ask the same of any purple member you see floating around. We don't bite. Well, we don't bite outside of reviews. :P It's best to ask people who review your preferred genre, though. Not all instructors do everything. ^_^

If you need anything, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:17 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Bonjour Justletmedream! Welcome to YWS!

First of all, I love your name. Don't be surprised if some YWS members shorten it to Just or Dream though. We tend to be lazy when it comes to names. :D

So you've been a member for a couple days the other members have explained the basics for you. How are you liking YWS so far? Do you have any questions? If you do have questions, please PM me or any other member. We're all willing to help! You can also PM me if you need a review.
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Pigeon poop is the best way to solve problems.
— Pompadour