z

Young Writers Society

Hello All!

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:50 pm
GreatEscape says...

Hello Everyone! I'm new and just wanted to say hello to everyone! I love writing and hope to write Young Adult novels or Romance novels when I grow up! I'm a senior in high school and I'll be attending Roosevelt University in the fall. (I'm super excited!) Anyway that's just a little bit about me. Pleased to meet you all and pleased to be part of this site! :D

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:56 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Escape (is there anything you would prefer to be called?)! I'm Kat, nice to meet you too.
Welcome to YWS, dear! You'll have great joy ;)
So, first off we have a few rules here.

~ Rate your posts. Works with adult scenes or rough language, rate it as R. That way, we keep our younger crowd away from the things they shouldn't read. Also, rated posts will appear on the Home page, except the ones rated R. This is a family site, after all.
~ Keep the 2:1 ratio. That means that for every work you post, you should do two reviews. Posts on the Community forums, or the Groups won't count. Also, a review has to has at least 250 characters to be consider as a review.
~ Don't use chat speak (though, MC, POV, and the traditional lol are allowed) and keep capitalizing to a minimal. We all love proper language here, so turn off your Caps Lock button!

And that's it, dear! I still advise you to go to the rules (click on the button on the top of the page that says "help and Support" and select Rules & Guides).
Explore the site!
I would love to see some of your work. I'm a particular fan of Romance and Young Adult novels, as poetry.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:48 pm
Shauni says...

Hello for you too an welcome to the YWS! :P
University...hum?!? How cool...
I'm still gonna have to wait a bit...
Oh well...
Moving on, friend! ;)

As Kat explain you, the basics are very important. Please try to follow them.
You may notice that some people have colored names, that's because they have jobs. Commonly known as "The YWS Staff".

Blues- Greeters! They are in charge of the welcoming experience. They help the newbies to fit in. Me and Kat are an example.

Purples- The instructors. The serious reviews. They will work with you in your work and review it to make the must of it.

Light and Dark Green - The Junior Moderators and the Moderators. They are in charge of certain forums.

Orange- Distinguished members or retired Mods.

Red- YWS Administrators.

That's it for our rainbow. Pretty pretty, hum?:P

Let's hear a bit about you:

What's your favorite author?
Rock or Pop?
Like wearing dresses? (what a silly question...)

Oh well my friend.
Have a nice staying here!
I hope I can read some of your stories.
Get active, please!

If you need anything, have a question or just wanna chat, feel free to PM anytime! :D

Best wishes

Shauni^^

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:54 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Escape and welcome to our beautiful world of YWS! :D I'm Selene, by the way, so nice to meet you.

Do you see that big Groups button at the top of the page? If you click on it there will be loads of usergroups that will come up and you can choose which groups you would like to join. There are all kinds of groups, and you cn choose which ones you want to join based off of your interests. There are fan groups, like "Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move" and "Hogwart's Express" (Twilight and Harry Potter) and also writing groups, like "Double Trouble Writing Huddle". They're all very fun and I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

If you would like a review or have a question, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:11 pm
GreatEscape says...

Wow! Nice to meet you all! This seems like a really good envirnoment to be in. Thanks for all the advice and information. My name is DaNay but Escape will do fine also. I don't mind either one.

My favorite author: I can't say that I have one. My favorite author tends to be whoever I'm reading at the moment. So my answer today is Claudia Gray.

Rock or Pop: Both. My musical taste is so diverse. Music is huge part of my life so I expose myself to all of it.

Do I like to wear dresses: No.

The groups sound awesome and I'll be sure to check them out!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:56 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

University, huh? Sounds cool. I'm going to college next fall, if all goes well. What do you want to major in?

I'm one of the Instructors Shauni mentioned, and I'm here to tell you about the wonders of the Knowledge Base. If you hover your mouse over Resources in the header, you'll find the Knowledge Base option. Click it, and you'll find a database full of articles on how to navigate YWS, write poetry and prose along with a whole host of stuff! All articles are written by YWSers. ^_^ Check it out when you need help or have a couple hours to kill. :P

I would also like to stress that you can come to purples for help on both works you have written and how you critique. We specialize in both. ^_^ Just send a PM to one of us and we'd be happy to help! (Although it's best if you check out those who you see around the literary forums. Not all purples are good at everything. ^_^)

If you have any questions, send me a PM!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
— Émile Zola