z

Young Writers Society

Yo, I'm new!! lol

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:23 am
Lissie says...

:P

Hi! My name's Lissie and I'm 15. I've loved to write since I was kinda little, about 8 or 9?, anyway, I love it!! I don't write a lot of poetry, 'cos I have to be in the right mood for it to be any good...lol.

I tend to write stories. I tried my hand at writing songs but they weren't all that great.

So, books are my thing and over the years, I have thrown out SO MANY attempts. I love them and then I eventually get sick of them...

Some of my try outs have been:
Harry Potter fanfiction
Jonas Brothers fanfiction
Twilight fanfiction (who hasn't tried that??) :)

I wish I had kept each and every one of them, but, like I said, I chucked them all out to the trash.

So that's me!!

xXx -Lissie

PS I'll post up stuff I wrote at school, in English. It will probably suck, but feedback is good!! :)

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:39 am
TexanWriter says...

Hey, Lissie, and welcome to the Young Writers Society! I'm TexanWriter in case you couldn't guess, but you can call me Tex, Texan, TW, or something else. :)

We do have a few rules here at the YWS:

1) 2:1 Ratio. For every one of your own works that you post, we ask that you review at least two other works. A review is at least one or two paragraphs, and consists of more than just "I really liked this story! Keep it up!"

2) No chatspeak. This really makes us angry. For example: "kewl! this was so awsom!"

3) No all caps. This allso makes us really angry. It's asked that you use italics instead of "THE DREADED ALL CAPS!!"

So, what do you like to do besides write?

What's your favorite food?

Favorite movie?

Favorite book/series/author?

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!
-TexanWriter
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:08 am
Maki-Chan says...

Welcome ^_^

Just to add a helpful tip when you post something make sure it isn't too big (like posting an entire story at once). It can scare reviewers away.
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:59 am
Dreamwalker says...

Hiya Lissie :D I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people just call me dreamwalker or DW. You can call me what you like though ^_^.

As Texan has so gladly spoke of, there are a few rules to follow, but who inforces these rules you ask? Why none other then the coloured names! Just kidding, only some do.

Heres a list:

Blue: (like me) Greeters
Purple: Instructors
Light Green/Green: Junior Mods/Moderators
Red: Administrators
Orange: Distinquished Members

Blue: Blues are the greeters, like me. We makes sure that all new persons to YWS are properly informed of the rules and such things, and we also help them get through their beginning days and such things. basically speaking, we just like to help :D.

Intructors: Now these people blocks live to review, and that is what they do. They are constantly reviewing others works and leaving detailed critiques about the work so that we can all do better :D. They are terribly nice people and if asked, would review your work without question ^_^

Light Green/Green: These are our junior mods and mods. They makes sure everything runs smoothing. The juniors normally take on a few forums and stick to those but the mods tend to make sure the big picture is running well.

Red: Now these fellows are our admins. They are basically that, the creators of our wonderful world that is YWS. Nate of course, is by far our YWS God. He is the one who created this website, and the one in which we oblige by his rules XD. All hail Nate!

Orange: Now these folk are our distinguished members or in other words, retired Mods. They arent online as often as when they were Mod's and such things, but they are fairly kind people and are quite the veterans of YWS ^^.

Hopefully that helped you out a bit XD. I tend to be a little long-winded when I type these things.

If you need any reviews, want a friend, or just have some basic questions about YWS, fear not and just PM me ^^. I will for surely help in any way I can.

From Dreams to Reality,
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:56 pm
WaterVyper says...

Heya! I'm writing this from my phone, and I really don't have that much time. I'll do the best I can. So, since everyone has already explained the rules and colors, I can move on to groups. On YWS, we have a bunch of usergroups tailor-made for people who share similar interests. For example, there's one for Twilight, Harry Potter, fantasy, horror, and others. They make joining YWS a lot more fun. They'll be found in the bar overhead, the one that says Groups.

Well, that's all I can say before my slave-driver of a teacher calls us downstairs. We're in a hotel, by the way. Anyway, feel free to PM me for anything you need, anything at all. I hope to see you soon. See ya!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:40 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya!

So, I'm one of the purple-names Dreamwalker mentioned. It's my job to help you with your writing or critiquing skills. Feel free to bug any purple named member for a critique or help with critiquing. ^_^ We're very happy to help.

Another place to get some great writing and YWS navigation help is the Knowledge Base. Just hover your mouse over the "Resources" button in the header and click the Knowledge Base option from the drop-down menu. You'll find a database of articles on poetry, prose, YWS and a bunch more stuff. It's a great place to find help, or to loose all track of time in. :P All the articles are written by YWSers, too.

If you want help, PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:07 am
MysticalBlood says...

Welcome! you'll find yws a nice place where people will be kind to you, conversations in the chat rooms etc. it's a mad place to be but you have lots of fun getting reviews from people when you post your own work!

-lizzie
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:42 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hey!

Welcome to YWS, your new addiction! By creating an account on this website, you have just entered a world full of useful tips, friends, and of course, writing! As I mentioned, this site gets extremely addictive. I mean, extremely. There are tons of useful gadgets, like a random name generator in Downloads & Games (just scroll your mouse over the Community button with a globe), homework helping forums (hit Community Forums), and users spawning in every nook and cranny. If you ever need help, feel free to ask me or any of the other users out there!

Good luck and happy writing!

fragile_heart(!)

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:58 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Hiya! Welcome to YWS!! I'm here with a quick tip for all YWS newbies. It's called the Will Review for Food thread. You see the community option in the scrolling header at the top of the website, well if you hover over that, there's an option saying community forums. Click it, then scroll down till you see the Lounge; one of the subforums is called the Will Review for Food thread. Here, you can request reviews from some senior YWSers. As Rosey pointed out, some people that will especially help you with the writing are the purps. They give really in-depth reviews in really short periods of times...That would include me...XD

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk! :D

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

I hope everyone's safe and sound and has some potatoes in the pantry.
— Arcticus