z

Young Writers Society

Hi everyone

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:31 am
SurrealSteve says...

Hi, another noob here! Just introducing myself.

I haven't been writing long, maybe a year or so, not really sure why i started but am enjoying it immensely :D
I was poring over the ideas for my book when i thought 'hey, i could do with some help here', typed some keywords into google and this site seemed the most friendly and appropriate. I'm writing a fantasy fiction novel set in the real world (or trying to:P). I'm a kinda nervous person and i can get uncomfortable with people reading what i write but i thought i might just be able to stomach it if its not somebody i've physically met.

I'm 18 and from Wakefield England, in case you were wondering. Probably not.

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:05 am
View Likes
Maki-Chan says...

Don't worry. Members here are truthful and are kind. You'll get a lot of help. If you need anything reviewed send me a link ^_^
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:47 am
Dreamwalker says...

Hiya Surreal Steve :D

I'm The.Dreamwalker, but most people just call me dreamwalker or DW. I prefer dreamwalker, of course, but thats alright XD. You can call me what you like.

Okay so I just have a few rules in which to help you out a bit. Just some reminders to keep the YWSing community running smoothly :D.

First theres the 2:1 ratio. If you're curious, this is that you give two reviews to another persons writing before posting something yourself. We like to keep this balance all through our YWSing times here and reviewing is a good way to get people on your good sides. Like the poular saying, you scratch my back, I scratch yours, they will normally be more attentive to your name and review your work.

Next, no msn lingo. It is the evilest thing on YWS since all caps.. but that another story. It's one of those things that just gets annoying to any reviewer and with proper grammer you have more of a chance of becoming an instructor or greeter, if that is what you wish of.

Thirdly, no all caps. There is a little punctuation bit in which we all abide by which I like the called the exclamation point. There is no need to use all caps and YWSers tend not to like it too much XP.

Thats basically all for my rule-capping. I'll let the other greeters take over the rest of the job :D

Also, if you're wondering, Nate, like many have quoted before, is our YWS God. He is basically the one who set up the website and is by far the ruler of us all ;). Oblige by his rules and we'll all be fine and dandy XD.

If you have any questions or just want to talk about things or even if you want a nice long review, just PM me and I'll be there in a jiffy :D.

Also, is there any books you prefer? Music maybe? Tell us about yourself ^_^

From Dreams to Reality,
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:55 pm
rubberduck says...

Howdy! :)

The name's Max. Glad to know that you're enjoying yourself on YWS.

Please read the 'Rules and Guides' in the 'Help and Support' section. It'll help you answer questions you may have about the site.

Seeya 'round!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:08 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Steve! Ming if I call you that? I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^^
Welcome to YWS!
Oh sure, we seem friendly. Don't worry, we don't bite (much). I would like to explain two things to you. Our beautiful rainbow and our titles! Yay!
So, onto to the rainbow. If you have looked around, you may have noticed that some users have their names colored. That's because they have jobs.

Blue- Greeters (like myself and rubberduck, above). We help the newbies (like yourself). WE greet them, answer their questions and make them feel welcome.

Purple- Instructors. They give the most constructive and detailed reviews. If you have any questions about your work, ask them.

Light Green/Dark Green- Junior Moderators and Moderators. They control the forums.

Red- Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

Orange- Distinguished members. They're basically retired Adms or Mods, but they still have some authority here on YWS.

Now, for titles! As in gentleman, or Duke, we have our own!
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15-49 posts
Writer: 50-99 posts
Senior Writer: 100-249 posts
Novelist (where you start getting those custom titles): 250-499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts
And there are more, as master of the forum and so.

That's it! PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende