Cari says...

Hey!! I'm Cari! I'm new, and all that jazz! Soo what's up?! LOL! :D :D
<3 Cari

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:45 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya!

I'm sure somebody will pounce on you with the rules soon, but for now I shall explain some of the wonders of YWS!

First off, if you hover your mouse over the Resources button in the header, you'll get a drop down menu with something called the "Knowledge Base" on it. The Knowledge Base is a database full of articles that will help you write prose or poetry, navigate YWS and a bunch of other stuff! Poke around to find what you're looking for. ^_^

Another way to get writing/reviewing help is to ask one of the purple-named members of YWS for critiques or tips on reviewing. The purple named members *points to own name* are Instructors. It's our job to help you write and critique to the best of your abilities. ^_^ Don't be afraid to bother us!

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:53 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Hello Cari!

Welcome to YWS! It is a great place for writers...

Some Rules

~ No chatspeak or swearing, or all capitals. It gets, quite frankly, annoying if you see this all the time; "THAT WAS AWESOME!!!" or "L8er. brb." etc...

~ 2:1 ratio. For every story/poem post you have to do two reviews. That way work gets reviewed and forums aren't too crowded.

~ Rate your work. There are some younger people on the site.

Yep. I'll let a greeter explain the colors.

So... What genre's do you like to read and write???

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. ^_^

Welcome to YWS and enjoy!
~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:25 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Carie and welcome to our wonderfully addictive world of YWS! :D My name is Selene, so nice to meet you.

Here are the colors:

Blue- Greeters. They help make new members feel welcomed, by showing them the rules, and answering all kinds of questions. If you need anything, feel free to ask us! :D

Purple- Instructors. Rosey already explained them, but they help you become a better writer.

Light Green/Dark Green- Junior Moderators and Moderators. They control the forums.

Red- Administrators. They make sure everything with YWS runs smoothly and doesn't fall into chaos. ;) They're very important, as you can see. Oh, and our head admin, Nate, is our YWS God.

Orange- Distinguished members. They are retired Moderators and Administrators, but they still have some authority here on YWS.

If you have a question, would like a review, or just want to talk, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:04 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Heya Cari :D. Although it seems I have been beaten to the punchline, it's fairly nice to meet you ^_^.

I'm The.Dreamwalker, but most people just call me dreamwalker or DW. Either one is perfectly fine, or if you have your own variation, I'm alright with that ^^.

So, what's style music do you like? Favourite movie perhaps?

If you have any questions about YWS, want a friend, or need a fairly lengthy review, I can help you out without a problem :D.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:43 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Hiya Cari, and welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! I see that most of the rules here have been covered. So, I shall give you some general tips, somewhat like Rosey.

~Will Review for Food - Sometimes when you post pieces you don't get enough reviews. Especially if it's your first one. So, this thread is created so that you can request reviews from other senior members of YWS. Purps, especially, enjoy giving really in-depth critiques that will definitely help you improve your writing. These are the people with purple usernames, like me and Rosey. WRFF is a subforum in the Lounge. This is found by hovering your mouse over Community and going to Community Forums. Right under Lounge, it says Will Review for Food. Or, if you're too lazy to do that (like me! XD), here's the link!...My specialty is poetry, so if you're a fellow addict, I'll love to review your works. However, I also review most other types of prose. Check out my thread if you want details!

^_^ I think that's about all that the others haven't covered. If you need a review, have any questions, or just want to talk, feel free to PM me!

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:20 am
WaterVyper says...

Okay, I suppose a bunch of people beat me here. Anyway, welcome to YWS! Seeing as that most of YWS has been explained by the others, I guess I'll do the groups.

Rosey mentioned the top of the page, right? Well, if you continue along that bar, you'll find a button marked 'Groups'. Clicking on it will bring you to a list of usergroups that you can join.

These usergroups are for people with similar interests, such as cartoons or debating, Twilight and Harry Potter, things like that. Then, you have the groups that have specific requirements for you to join them, such as having written a novel. That would be the Novelists group. Otherwise, most of these groups are open. There's even a group for complete randomness.

And a quick note about points. I'm quite sure you noticed the message when you created this topic, the one that told you how many points you earned? Well, you get 10 points for creating a topic in certain forums, and 0.2 points for every character, with a maximum of 50 points. You spend 150 points to submit one of you works, but you can get some points depending on how long the piece is. And it costs 100 points to create a storybook. Points are used to determine the member of the week, and they'll be featured on the front page.

So, that's all I can offer. I hope to see you and your work around soon. If you ever need anything, you can PM me. See you around!

Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
— Poe