z

Young Writers Society

Privet! Ya novenkaya tut.

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:20 pm
Dragon - tis me says...

Hey people! Sorry if this sounds cliche, but I'm new here and blah blah, blah blah. Yup. So... yeah.
(Friends, anyone?)
I came here to socialize and contaminate another website with my writing. I'm already on FictionPress so check it out if you wish [:

Oh and I'm not 18 yet, I just didn't feel like remembering the year I was born in; punching in '1990' was the easiest.

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:30 pm
Searria H. says...

Hey there! Obviously, I'm Searria, but most people just call me "Sea." Welcome to YWS.

Don't forget to check out the rules (keep a 2:1 review to post ratio.)

Let me know if you want me to review anything when you get to posting. :D

If you need anything or have any questions, feel free to PM me.

See you around the site! :D :elephant: (The pink elephant is awesome. 8) )

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:12 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

One quick little thing before I go into some stuff: Text that bright can be really hard to read. You can put it in your signature, just not main posts.

I know somebody will be along shortly to explain all the rules, so I just wanted to explain some of the ways YWS can help your writing.

One way is the Knowledge Base. If you hover your mouse over "Resources" in the header, you'll get a drop-down menu. Click on the Knowledge Base option and you'll be brought to a database full of writing articles, help on navigating YWS and more! Poke around to find the help you need. ^_^

Another way to get help with writing is to ask the purple-named members of YWS, like me. The purple-named people are Instructors, and it's our job to help you with reviews or writing. Feel free to contact us any time!

On that note, if you have any questions, PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:14 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Dragon! I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^^ Welcome to the Ol'YWS!
So, in YWS we have some rules.

~ As Searria has mentioned, keep a 2:1 ratio. That means that you should do two reviews for every post you make. Posts in the Community forums or Groups do not count. A review has to have at least 250 characters to count as a review.
~ Rate your works. If your work has rough language or adult scenes, please rate it was R. That way, we keep our younger crowd away from what they should not read. Rated works will appear on the Home page, expect for the ones rated R. This is a family site, after all.
~ No chat-speak (although, things like MC, POV and the traditional lol are allowed) and keep capitalizing to a minimal. We're all writers here, so we appreciate proper language. So ignore your Caps button.

That's about it! I still advise you to go to the rules.
tell us more about yourself! What do you like? What are your hobbies and favourites?
What do you like to read, write and review?

See you around!
*Kat*
Oh, and PM me if you need anything!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

"People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
— V for Vendetta