View Likes
NicoleDall says...

Just dropped into say hi i guess. So, Hi. I'm Nicole

:D

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:52 pm
MagnusBane says...

Hey, Nicole! Welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll find the site very addicting!

Our biggest rule here is our 2:1 ratio. Basically, for every story or poem you want to post on the site, you have to do two reviews. It's really not that hard to do reviews, though, and most people go way over the 2:1 ratio.

Also, we don't want any chat speak or caps on this site. Everyone appreciates proper grammar, so now "lol"s or "idk"s!

Tell us more about yourself! What kind of books do you read? What genre do you write? Do you have any pets?
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:53 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Hiya Nicole! Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! I can nearly guarantee that you shall love it here....as long as you write, that is...XD Why don't you tell us a little more about yourself? What do you like to write? Read? Any specific movies that you enjoy watching? What about music? You'll definitely find someone in here with nearly the same interests as you!

Aaanywayz, I'm sure someone will pounce on your thread and explain the rules to you soon. So, I shall just give you some general tips...

~Will Review for Food - On the scrolling header thing at the top of the site, there's an option called Community, ya? If you hover over it, then there's an option called Community Forums. Here, one of the forums that you can see is The Lounge. One of the subforums in the Lounge is called Will Review for Food. Here, you can request reviews for any of your pieces, and get a good review rather quickly too. Moreover, you can usually request what kind of review you want. That is, whether you want the review to concentrate on grammar, characters, etc.

~Purps - The people with the purple usernames are known as instructors. Instructors are the ones that give really in-depth reviews in extremely short periods of time. **prods username** An example would be yours truly. If you ever need a review, feel free to PM any purp, or post on their Will Review For Food thread, 'kay? My specialty is poetry however, I review almost all types of prose, except fanfiction...XD...

^_^ I think that's about it. I hope to see some of your pieces around!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk!

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:12 pm
Clo says...

Well, I hope you're not just stopping by! Stick around the site, get to know the Community forums!

Welcome to YWS, the best site ever. I hope to see you around! PM me if you're ever feeling lost.

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:24 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya!

Like Flute, I will also give some general tips. I will link you to the rules, though. They are found here

Another place to get writing help is the Knowledge Base, found under Resources in the header. (Hover your mouse over the button and select the Knowledge Base from the drop-down menu. ^_^) You'll find a ton of articles written by YWSers on lots of topics. Be it how to punctuate your work correctly to poetry to navigating YWS. Poke around to find the help you need.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux (One must imagine Sisyphus happy).
— Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus