z

Young Writers Society

I'm new...

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:27 am
Chelsea Paige says...

Hey hey hey korben dallas! lol! no, i'm not that weird! hi guys, have a good day/night, where ever you are! talk later
CP

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:43 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi Chelsea!

Pleased to meet you! My name's Avery, and welcome to the Young Writer's Society! I'm sure a mod is going to come here and go more into detail, but here's a basic overview of the rules:

2:1
For every one piece you post, try to review two other stories/poems. This will help prevent the forums from being flooded, plus it will earn you points and might get you a review in return.

No caps
In chat, THERE'S NO TALKING LIKE THIS. We don't all want to seem like we're yelling :wink:

Rate your work
This is a big one. If you rate your work G, PG, PG-13, (I think there's 18A), or R, your work will show up on the front page and most likely get more hits!

Well, uh....that's all the rules I can name off the top of my head. (Horrible, isn't it?) Haha, anyways, feel free to PM me (that's private message, just so you know; the first time I saw that I was like "Say what?"). Just warning you; YWS gets way more addicting than you think. I swear, you'll be itching to get on here at all times.

If you're looking for good moderators to become buddies with, check out:
- Rosey Unicorn
- Snoink
- Suzanne
- Kylan

And there's hundreds more, but those are the ones I found most helpful when I first signed up. And hey, there's always me! (I may not be a mod, but I am pretty darn helpful! :D)

Aurevoir!

- Avery

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:59 pm
Jiggity says...

Hey there, Chelsea,

Welcome to YWS! Hope you like it here.

Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself and your writerly ways? :p

Have a good one,

~J~
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:45 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Hiya Chels! Welcom to YWS! I'm sure that someone will jump into this thread and tell you all the information you need to know, other than the official rules. I'm just here to give you a couple of tips.

~The Knowledge Base - You see the header thing on the top of the site? If you hover over resources, one of the options is called the Knowledge Base. The KB is awesome since it has tips on almost everything. You can find out general tips on writing pieces, specific grammar techniques, and simply how to navigate around the site. If you have any questions, you can probably get help there...^_^

~Purps - As you can see, some of us have different colored usernames. Some of us **points at herself** are purps, otherwise known as instructors. We specialize in giving in-depth critiques. Feel free to PM one of us if you ever need help. Simply send me a PM to get a specialized Flute review on your story, 'kay? And, there are quite a few of us, if you need a varied opinion. We tend to be the ones who do crazy amount of reviews in quite a short time period....:P

Alright, darling, I think that's about it. Feel free to post on my guestbook or PM me if you have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk.

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Chelsea, and welcome to our wonderful world of YWS! :D Pleased to meet you *shakes hand* my name is Selene.

Here are some other rules for you:

1.) No cursing outside of the Literature forums.

2.) Please do not use chat-speak. For example: "wassup??? ur wrtng is gr8!". Term abbreviations such as POV, lol and MC or okay.

3.) Do not "flood" the boards with your work. This means post your work one at a time, because if you post a bunch of stories all at once, people won't want to review your work. Also, don't make your work to long unless it's a novel and you're looking for advanced critiques (then go to the Advanced Critiques forum). Your work should not be more than 5,000 words.

If you would like a review, have a question, or just want to talk, feel free to PM me anytime.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:32 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

I am here to explain the wonders of Will Review for Food to you. Will Review for Food is a subforum found under The Lounge and it's the place where people say they do reviews. When you have a work posted, go to one of those threads to get a good review. Be sure to read the first posts, though. Not every critic will review all the genres. Will Review for Food is found here

If you need a critique, check out my thread. ^_^ I'm another one of those purples Flute mentioned, so I'm here to help your writing or your reviewing. But, I'll only help with reviewing if you ask.

Questions? PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

"Who am I? I'm just a writer. I write things down. I walk through your dreams and invent the future."
— Richard Siken