z

Young Writers Society

Yo! :P

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:47 pm
CharlotteIleen says...

okay so apparently its reccomended we come here when we newly join, so hi my name is charlotte or Lotte(e) for short, im 16 and have adored writing ever since gr.4, i love fantasy, science-fiction and historical-fiction. other than that i don't see what else there is to say, Oh yeah i live Canada, becuz i don't see myself as too interesting. (honestly i think my ability to write is my best skill)
Oh and im sorry if i posted this in the wrong place im still getting use to navigating the site.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

It's fine! It is perfectly normal if you don't know where to go and/ or are just getting used to it and figuring stuff out! Normal! ... Well... all of us are odd in some way ;)

Anyway, I just thought I could pop by this thread to explain some of the rules to you;

:arrow: No chat speak; we are writers and have to write accordingly so. A better way to put it is; chatspeak can be very annoying on a writers website :lol:

:arrow: 2:1 ratio; for every writing piece you post on here, you have to review/ critique two other pieces... this way, everyone gets reviewed :)

:arrow: Rate your works; if you have a piece that has language or adult situations, rate it accordingly so.

Okey dokester, now that we've gotten that out of the way, lets talk about the groups.

The group icon is at the top. There are tons and tons of groups there, and I'm sure you can find one to your liking. Just click on a group you are considering to join, and you can search through their group before actually joining it. To join, you just click the button at the top that says; subscribe.
P.S. I would consider joining Grammar Freaks; they are awesome.

I guess I can let someone else explain the name colors; common courtesy!

Well, if you ever have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk then give me a PM and I'll be happy to help!

8)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:13 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Charlotte and welcome to our spectacular, amazing, enormous world of YWS! My name is Selene. ^^

Here are some other rules and bits of helpful advice:

~ Please do not use all CAPs. For example: "THAT WAS AWESOME!!! GREAT WORK!!!". Term abbreviations such as POv, MC and lol are fine, but just please don't over-use or abuse it.

~ No cursing outside of the Literature forums. This is Young Writers' Society.

~ Don't take reviews too personally, because a reviewer's only intent is to help you and make you a better writer.

~ Join our YWS chat and talk with other members. This can be found on the main page.

If you have any questions, would like a review, or want to talk, feel free to PM me anytime.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:14 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Lost, Lotte? Don't worry, dear, I was way more lost...Mainly 'cause I wasn't a good newbie and never posted on this forum...XD Aaaaanywayz, welcome to YWS! If you're a writer, I can almost guarantee that you'll love it here!
So, some tips to help you with this site.

~Knowledge Base - See the header thing at the top, darling? Well, if you hover over Resources, one of the options in Knowledge Base. At the KB, you can get help on nearly anything. Basically these are articles written by YWSers about different parts of writing. Some examples are grammar, poetry, and sometimes simply how to write a short story. These can help you a lot when you're writing your first piece. Also, you can learn how to navigate the site better through this.

~Will Review for Food - If you ever need a review, darling, come here. Many YWSers who want to boost their review counts form a thread, where you can request reviews. And, they tend to put extra effort since they have been specially requested! :wink: So, when you post some of your pieces, feel free to request reviews here. Here's the link : here!

^_^ I think that's about it. By the way, purple usernames **prods username** means that the person is an instructor. They're the ones who give really in-depth critiques. So, feel free to ask one of us for a review, whether on our thread or in a PM. As you can see, we don't bite [s]much[/s]. :P

Feel free to PM me if you need a review, have any questions, or just want to talk.

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:22 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Hiya! Welcome to YWS!!!!!!!

Another thing:

YWS Rainbow

Here in YWS certain members get certain jobs. It is color coded. I'll explain.

Black
~Normal members. They don't have jobs.

Blue
~Greeters.
~Their job is to greet newbies, explain all the rules, answer questions, etc.

Purple
~Instructors
~Their job is giving the best reviews to writers. Their reviews really help you and covers everything, not just nitpicks.

Greens
~Dark Green, Moderator.
~Light Green, Junior Moderator.
~Moderators make sure everything is in the right place, posts are clean, etc.
~Juniors do the same but in a specific forum.

Orange
~Retired moderators.
~They can be moderators again whenever they want.

Red
~Site Admin.
~They keep the site up and running.

So, that is the colors of YWS. :D
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review, etc...
~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:18 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Charlotte! Welcome to YWS, dear!
How are you?
*points microphone*
*looks awkward*
Ahh...
Don't worry, we'll get right back at you. First I would like to give the newbie some advises!
~ Be nice to everyone! We're all good people here (mostly). Example: when someone signs your guestbook, is nice to reply, signing theirs.
~ Don't be afraid to post and don't take reviews too personally.
~ If you want to hang out or chat, got to The Lounge (click on the big button that says 'Community' and select Community forums. Scroll down and you will find a thread called the Lounge), or check out the chat (see on the Home page our on My YWS).
~ Check out the Groups (click on the button at the top of the page that says 'Groups'). Scroll down, and you will find many user groups, about many things. There, you can discuss anything related to that theme and meet people with the same interests as yours.

So, tell us more about yourself! What are your favorites? Author, book, music, band/artist, food, color?
I love black, rock, Linkin Park and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna lay down and become a tomato for a while.
— RokitaVivi