z

Young Writers Society

Hi Everyone !

Reviews: 2
Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:32 pm
Brittneylynn12 says...

I'm new to this whole area,
I've never posted on one of these before so I know I'm a lil rusty.
Anyway my name is Brittney But i like brit better.
I joined this "society" because i read ALOT and writing a book is a really big dream for me...
I don't even care about getting published ..
I just want to write a book in my life time ..
My problem is that i read so much that my imagination is BLOCKED.
So thats why I'm here ... just trying to open my mind

Thanks for listening

Brit

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya!

*Bows* I am known as Rosey, and I'm one of the Instructors on YWS. I'm sure somebody will come along and tell you about the Instructors along with the other rules, but for now I want to run over some little points. But, a quick summery would be that I, along with other Instructors (find us by our purple names!) help people with their writing.

On YWS we have several places to help you with writing. The first one is the Knowledge Base. Hover over "Resources" in the header with your mouse, then click the Knowledge Base option from the drop-down menu. You'll find dozens of articles on writing and YWS. Look around for the help you need. :D

There is also a subforum in The Lounge called Will Review for Food that you can go for critiques. In Will Review, people post threads where you can ask for critiques. Just be sure to read the first posts of those threads! Not all critics review everything. The link to Will Review can be found here. (Also, please only post on one or two threads at a time. If you post on too many, some critics get annoyed)

And one question to get you introduced to the site: What genre do you want to write in?

If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:03 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Hiya Britt! Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! I'm here to go over some of the basic rules with you!

~2:1 Ratio - For each work you post, make sure to review at least two others. It makes sure that everyone gets a review on their work.

~Don't type in all caps. No one wants to read something LIKE THIS. It just gets on people's nerves and tends to cause problems...So, I would uncaps the stuff in your message...But, don't worry it isn't a big deal. No one minds too much the first time. It's when you keep doing it that people get annoyed.

~Use proper grammar and spelling. We are all writers here, right? :wink: Anywayz, limiting chatspeak is another essential part of this rule. An occasional "omg" or "brb" is fine. But, don't overuse it, 'kay?

^_^ I think that's about it...So! Tell us a little more about yourself! What genres do you like to read? What music do you like? Movies?

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review (or go to my Will Review for Food thread that Rosey talked about) or just want to talk.

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:04 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Brit! How you doin'? I'm Kat, nice to meet you, and I'm here to welcome you to the big family of YWS!
Now, it all seems like much fun, by we have some rules.
~We have a 2:1 ratio. That means that for every work of yours you post, you should do two reviews. Posts on the Community forums or Groups don't count.
~Rate your work. Rated posts will appear on the front page. Except rated R, that is when you have a work that has rough language or adult themes. In those you should rate R. That way, our younger crowd won't read things they shouldn't.
~Do not use chat speak (thins like MC, POV, and the traditional lol are allowed) and keep capitalizing to a minimal. We're all writers here, so we looove proper language. So don't use things like "I g2g!", neither "I LOOOOOOOOVED IT!", okay?

I would also like to give you some advises. It seems some 'newbies' (if you don't mind being called that) are a bit confused when they first start. So, here you have some advises!
~ Click on the button at the top of this page that says 'Groups' and scroll down. You'll find many user groups, where you can meet people with the same likes as you and discuss anything related to that theme.
~ Be nice to everybody! We're all nice here. When somebody, signs your guestbook, reply.
~ If you want to chat or hang out, check if the chat is open or go to The Lounge (pass your mouse on the button that says 'Community' and select Community forums. Scroll down and you'll find it. You can check the chat on the Home page or in your YWS).
~ No cursing outside the Literature forum. Which I remind you to rate your work R, if it has swearing in it.
~ Don't take reviews too personally and don't be afraid to post your work. We won't bite (much).

I'm a Greeter (blue) as Rosey is an Instructor (purple). I'm sure someone will explain our rainbow to you. If you have any questions, you can PM me!
See you around!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value...
— John Oliver