z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:18 pm
ColeHeart says...

Hello! My sister just found this site, so I decided to join.
I am in the middle of writing a story that I am going to
try to publish one day. My grammar isn't 'great' or anything,
so this is a good place for me because people can tell me my
grammar mistakes, mispellings and words that don't belong. :wink:
I am sure that in the story I have written there are some words that should
not have been used in certain spots. xD

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:36 pm
smaur says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS!

I just wanted to make a quick note of our really extensive collection of articles that talk about grammar and word use and stuff like that. Things that might help you with your grammar problems. It's pretty thorough, but if you're still unsure about stuff, there are definitely heaps of members who are willing to help you out with that. If you have any specific questions about the finer points of syntax or something like that, feel free to ask around (or PM me, or something).

Anyways, welcome to YWS! : )
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

If you want even more articles on grammar and writing help, check out the Knowledge Base. You can find it by hovering over the "Resources" button in the header and clicking on the Knowledge Base option. There you'll have a database full of grammar articles, writing help and YWS help. Poke around to see what's there, and I hope those articles help! All were written by YWSers. ^_^

You could also ask a purple-named member (like me) for help. The purple names means they're Instructors. It's their job to help your writing skills. ^_^ We're all really helpful and love answering questions, so don't hesitate to ask one of us for help!

And, finally, if you want a critique on your work please check out Will Review for Food. Will Review is a subforum under The Lounge and is full of people who critique on request. Just be sure to read the first post on a thread before requesting a critique, though. Not all members do every genre.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:13 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Cole Heart! Is there anything that you would be preferred to be called?
I'm Kat, nice to meet you, and I'm here to greet you. I'm A greeter, as you can see by the color blue, as Rosey, above is and Instructor. So, as I have mentioned this, I will explain our rainbow to you.
Greeters have the color blue (as me). Our job is to welcome the newbies (as yourself) and answer their questions, so if you need anything just PM me (the middle button at the end of this post).

Instructors are the purple ones (like Rosey, above). The give the most detailed and helpful reviews and will answer your questions.

Junior Moderators and Moderators - They have the colors light green for juniors and green for mods. They direct a forum or the site itself.

Administrators have the color red. They keep the site running smooth.

Distinguished members have the color orange. Their basically retired moderators or administrators. They still have authority here.

So, we also have some rules!

~We have a 2:1 ratio. That means that for every work of yours you post, you should do two reviews. Posts on the Community forums or Groups don't count.
~Rate your work. Rated posts will appear on the front page. Except rated R, that is when you have a work that has rough language or adult themes. In those you should rate R. That way, our younger crowd won't read things they shouldn't.
~Do not use chat speak (thins like MC, POV, and the traditional lol are allowed) and keep capitalizing to a minimal We're all writers here, so we looove proper language. So don't use things like "I g2g!", neither "I LOOOOOOOOVED IT!", okay?

That's it!
Now, dear, tell us more about yourself! What do you like? Hobbies, favorite things?

Have a nice day!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Shomiku says...

Hi brittany x3
Yay~ i found it :D
but you didnt. . . thank me? D:
anyway, i hope curambasa gets comments/revies soon~

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:38 pm
ColeHeart says...

Thanks for the welcomes! :D

Shomiku wrote:Hi brittany x3
Yay~ i found it :D
but you didnt. . . thank me? D:
anyway, i hope curumbasa gets comments/revies soon~

Blah~Hai sistah~ x3 Thanketh you on what? I dunno whatcha' talking
about. D: And so do I. x3

smaur wrote:Hey! Welcome to YWS!

I just wanted to make a quick note of our really extensive collection of articles that talk about grammar and word use and stuff like that. Things that might help you with your grammar problems. It's pretty thorough, but if you're still unsure about stuff, there are definitely heaps of members who are willing to help you out with that. If you have any specific questions about the finer points of syntax or something like that, feel free to ask around (or PM me, or something).

Anyways, welcome to YWS! : )

'Ello, smuar.
I'll be sure to check that out, thanks for the link and thanks
for the helpful tips! ^^

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Hiya and welcome!

If you want even more articles on grammar and writing help, check out the Knowledge Base. You can find it by hovering over the "Resources" button in the header and clicking on the Knowledge Base option. There you'll have a database full of grammar articles, writing help and YWS help. Poke around to see what's there, and I hope those articles help! All were written by YWSers. ^_^

You could also ask a purple-named member (like me) for help. The purple names means they're Instructors. It's their job to help your writing skills. ^_^ We're all really helpful and love answering questions, so don't hesitate to ask one of us for help!

And, finally, if you want a critique on your work please check out Will Review for Food. Will Review is a subforum under The Lounge and is full of people who critique on request. Just be sure to read the first post on a thread before requesting a critique, though. Not all members do every genre.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

~Rosey

Hai~Rosey.
Ooh, I shall go there now. :D
I needz' critique, 'tis very helpful. x3 (<--I talk like that alot, just so you know. xD It's fun.)

*writewatiwant* wrote:Hi Cole Heart! Is there anything that you would be preferred to be called?
I'm Kat, nice to meet you, and I'm here to greet you. I'm A greeter, as you can see by the color blue, as Rosey, above is and Instructor. So, as I have mentioned this, I will explain our rainbow to you.
Greeters have the color blue (as me). Our job is to welcome the newbies (as yourself) and answer their questions, so if you need anything just PM me (the middle button at the end of this post).

Instructors are the purple ones (like Rosey, above). The give the most detailed and helpful reviews and will answer your questions.

Junior Moderators and Moderators - They have the colors light green for juniors and green for mods. They direct a forum or the site itself.

Administrators have the color red. They keep the site running smooth.

Distinguished members have the color orange. Their basically retired moderators or administrators. They still have authority here.

So, we also have some rules!

~We have a 2:1 ratio. That means that for every work of yours you post, you should do two reviews. Posts on the Community forums or Groups don't count.
~Rate your work. Rated posts will appear on the front page. Except rated R, that is when you have a work that has rough language or adult themes. In those you should rate R. That way, our younger crowd won't read things they shouldn't.
~Do not use chat speak (thins like MC, POV, and the traditional lol are allowed) and keep capitalizing to a minimal We're all writers here, so we looove proper language. So don't use things like "I g2g!", neither "I LOOOOOOOOVED IT!", okay?

That's it!
Now, dear, tell us more about yourself! What do you like? Hobbies, favorite things?

Have a nice day!
*Kat*

'Allo, Kat. ColeClaws or ColeHeart is fine. x3
Thanks for explaining your purty rainbow, I was wondering what the orange was.
You don't have to worry about me using the text-chat stuff, I haz' gone to
proper spelling, it looks better and takes up more space. xD
---
Well, I love drawing, it's my favourite thing to do.
I create my own creatures, mostly ones that fit my story.
I like RPGing, the book series Warriors and anime such as Shugo Chara, Bleach,
Code Geass and a few others. ^^
I like to write, and I am trying to finish my story so that I can publish it one day,
so far I have four chapters, a prologue, forty seven pages and 10,000+ words. :D
I was so happy when I thought I had 45,476 words, to bad it was actually characters.
*Stupid mind reading things wrong >.<*

NO U
— Carina