z

Young Writers Society

HI. new aspiring novelist on the block

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:10 am
blairWitcher says...

HI. call me Blair

Im from the Philippines I'm interested to become an accomplished fantasy writer and create my own fantasy novel. Nice to meet everybody and may everyone have a nice day.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:36 pm
Shauni says...

Hi there Balir! Welcome to this family, the YWS! I hope you get along here just fine.
Philippines aww? Pretty cool, I really want to go there. I just love travel, but this is just me randomising...
Fight for your dream and I'm sure that in a few years I will be able to go to a bookshop and buy your novel! ;)
I'm gonna explain you some rules, just the basics, making sure that n one rips your head off :D:

~No chat speak or capitalized sentences. We are all writers here!
~Please make sure you make at least two reviews before you post some piece of work. It's a 2:1 ratio.
~Rate your works accordely to the subject you wrote about. Works rated PG-13 below wil appear oin the YWS froint page.

That's it for the rules!

Have a wonderful life here! :D

Best wishes

Shauni^^

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:24 pm
break~my~heart says...

ello, Blair!

I'm ash, nice to meet you haha welcome to YWS! Hope you enjoy it :)

Looking forward to reading your work,

til then,

-ash
Alone- alone- all- all- alone
Upon the wide, wide sea-
And God will not take pity on
My soul in agony!
- Mary Shelley

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:46 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Blair! I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^^
Welcome to YWS! *points a microphone* How are you, dear? *you look around awkwardly* Oh, well.
Let's proceed! I'm glad Shauni and break my heart have introduce themselves and explained the rules. I would like to explain you our rainbow. We have a beautiful rainbow.

Blue- Greeters. They help make new members feel welcomed, by greeting them, and answer questions. So, if you need anything, just ask us!

Purple- Instructors. They give the most detailed and constructive reviews, and help you become a better writer.

Light Green/Dark Green- Junior Moderators and Moderators. They control the forums.

Red- Administrators. They make sure everything with YWS runs smoothly.

Orange- Distinguished members. They're basically retired Mods and Adms, but they still have some authority here on YWS.

Also, we have titles! As in Duke, and gentleman, we have better ones!

New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts (This gives a perk)
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

So tell us more about yourself! What are your hobbies and favorites?

*Kat*
PM me if you need anything! Oh, and a nice day to you too!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:51 pm
View Likes
Storm_Bringer says...

Hiya! Welcome to YWS!!!!!!! ^_^

It is a great place for writers to get advice and comments on their works.

Some other awesome YWS features:

The Blog!!!

You can make you own blog, look at others, comment, and get to know more people. :D You can pick a design, background, and all that other stuff. It's really fun. You even get to make lots of new friends! To make your blog you go to the blog icon at the top and then click on the Blog Control Panel. Then you can set it up! :D It is pretty self explanatory but if you have any questions I'd be glad to help.Just PM me.

The Chat!

YWS even has a chat. It is open all day 24/7 so you can always go in and talk to other people. It is a good way to get to know people, ask questions, etc... It just got better so enjoy yourself in there! :wink:

Usergroups!

We even have groups you can join. There are lots of groups for many topics. You can even make your own group! Just go to the groups icon then look and see all the groups you might be interested in. There are animal groups for animal lovers, Twilight groups for fanatics and haters, and more! Have fun with these! To create your own go to advertising usergroups and then post a topic about what it will be about get five people who want to join then send Nate a PM. There are more details there.

So tell us more about yourself:

What is your favorite genres to read/write?

Favorite animal?

Dream place to live?

Favorite food?

Yep. That's YWS. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Feel free to PM me if you need a review, have questions, or just want to chat.

~Storm :D
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:07 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Blair and welcome to YWS! :D My name is Selene, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you. *shakes hand*

Here are some other tips and rules:

~ Please do not curse outside of the Literature forums.

~ You may use term abbreviations such as lol, POV and MC.

~ Don't take reviews too seriously, because I must warn you. Some members here enjoy ripping your work to shreds, but don't take it too personally.

~ Don't be afraid to ask people for help, because everyone here is very willing to answer questions and help you in the best way they can. No one here bites and YWSers are all very friendly.

If you have a question, would like a review, or want to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:33 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

I am one of those purples Write mentioned. ^_^ And I would like to stress you can ask me or any other purple for a nice in-depth review! (Plus, fantasy is one of my favourite genres!)

There are tons of other places to get writing help too. Such as the Knowledge Base. Hover over "Resources" in the header with your mouse, the select the Knowledge Base. It's full of articles on everything writing and YWS related. Poke around to find the help you want!

There is also a wonderful subforum in The Lounge called Will Review for Food. This is where good critics post threads saying they review on request. Just be sure to read the first posts on those threads! Some critics don't do everything. Also, if you post on lots of threads, it is possible that people won't review you work. The link to Will Review can be found here

If you have any questions, about writing or the site, feel free to PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi