z

Young Writers Society

TYWC - Senor Saurkraut

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:36 am
xandrique says...

I don't even remember becoming a member of YWS in 2006, but lo and behold! I am a veteran member of TYWC, the place where all of this was born.

Yesterday I went on myspace to promote some of my new material. I was looking at my list of friends when I found out that another veteran TYWC'er died in January of 2009. His pen-name was Senor_Saurkraut and he was a major player in the scope of the old club. He wrote excellent poetry for someone so young, he was heavily involved in the hardcore music scene of the Carolinas, he was a really loyal friend and he was endlessly funny. He was only 21 years old and died of a methadone overdose.

I don't know how many people still come here from the old days. I just wanted to get the word out...

- Monique/Xandrique

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:08 am
Snoink says...

Oh God... that's terrible. I'm so sorry to hear that. :(
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:12 am
Reyu says...

I remember him and I remember you.

Sad, depressing and very real. Who else from TYWC is dead?

If you could link me to any of his surviving works I would be greatly appreciative. All I have are my memories, and they are in poor condition.
Last edited by Reyu on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 am
BarrettBenedict says...

He was one of my old-time favorites. I remember that he wrote beautifully. Now I must go to sleep thinking such sad thoughts. :( You wouldn't happen to know where I could find some of his writings again would you?
"Is", "is." "is" — the idiocy of the word haunts me. If it were abolished, human thought might begin to make sense. I don't know what anything "is"; I only know how it seems to me at this moment. -Robert Anton Wilson

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:19 am
Crysi says...

I offer my love and comforting thoughts to his family and to all of you.

Incidentally, I thought I remembered someone joining here who said he was Senor_Saurkraut. I just can't remember the screenname...

Whatever the case, it hits home very hard and reminds me that these are real people with real lives and real troubles. I hope this can bring all of us a little closer and help us all be a little more forgiving toward one another.
Love and Light

Random avatar

Random avatar

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:37 am
Reyu says...

Oh yes, I remember him perfect :) That first link was my favorite and has been my favorite. I am very happy I got to read it again.

Random avatar

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:42 am
xandrique says...

I am super bummed over his death. I didn't think it would affect me this much but Robby/Senor was a huge part of my adolescence and had a major impact on me as a writer/professional. He introduced me to a lot of poets, musicians and comedians that are still relevant to my art years later.
We were still in touch well into 2008 but I didn't hear from him for a few months.

Random avatar

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:49 am
Reyu says...

The first interaction between him and I was when he commented on a poem of mine called Death. He called me a "generic mall whore."

I was just happy he read my poem :)

He is remembered, and that is all we can ever hope for.

EDIT (I would like to know how you got on to TYWC... Access is forbidden to me.)

Random avatar

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:15 am
xandrique says...

Reyu -- I accessed TYWC through http://web.archive.org . TYWC is now defunct and offline.

Random avatar

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:43 am
xandrique says...

Reyu -- I also don't know of anyone else who is dead from TYWC. I did, however, get in contact with about 23 older members.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
— Albert Einstein