z

Young Writers Society

nice to meetchya

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:09 am
wolfdaemon96 says...

hello, i have joined because i have a undeniable love of writing, i have a unfortunatly bad temper, and thus, i get mad at my writing, i read a book, think its better then mine, and have to start all over, and i just have soo many idea's i think i have at least a million first chapters, i always welcome constructive critiscm so feel free to comment!

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:13 am
Syte says...

Welcome to YWS, Wolf. When I was in 9th grade, I had a similar problem. The problem is your judging your work prematurely. Nobody will have a really good first draft. I would write my novel over and over again and think to myself "this is garbage," and immediately begin a new chapter. My advice is to not be so hard on yourself and just see where you're story goes. THEN you can be as hard as you want. What I lerned was that if you just keep starting over, you won't make any progress.

Anyway, it's a good thing that you're enthusiastic about writing, and at such an early age. I hope you enjoy this website ^-^

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:33 am
break~my~heart says...

hello! welcome to YWS :)

I'm ash, nice to meet you.

About the procrastination thing- yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I used to do the same exact thing! But once you get on here a little bit more, this website just might help curb that awful habit of yours ;)

well, the blues will soon be pouncing on this topic to explain everything to you, so don't worry haha

nice meeting you, again :)

-ash
Alone- alone- all- all- alone
Upon the wide, wide sea-
And God will not take pity on
My soul in agony!
- Mary Shelley

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:28 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Hiya Daemon! Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! :D This site is amazingly addictive and is something that I'm sure you'll enjoy. So, a couple of rules are :

~2:1 Ratio - For every piece that you post, please make sure that you've reviewed at least two other ones. This helps make sure that everyone gets a review.

~Use proper spelling and grammar. Limit chatspeak as well...An occasional 'brb' or a 'lol' is alright, but just don't overuse it. Similarly, don't type in all caps. It tends to get on people's nerves....

~Please rate your works. If it has any explicit scenes or uses the f-word, it must be rated R. If it isn't then it shows up on the front page, increasing your chances of getting critiques.

~Oh, and Nate is YWS God! This is something that all writers here must know or else! XD I'm just kidding, everyone here is really nice!

^_^ I think that's about it...Random question - Are you a Philip Pullman fan?! I'm just guessing from your username...He is awesomeness!! :D

Aaaanywayz, another tip that you should know about YWS. One of the Community Forums is known as the Lounge and it has a subforum known as the Will Review For Food thread. Post there if you ever need a review!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk!

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:29 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

'Ello, Wolf. I totally understand what you mean about starting a bunch of stories and not finishing. I'm a victim of that as well.

So, I'll just tell you some of the main rules here on YWS:

1. Make sure you review two works before posting something of your own. I've learned that the more review you do, the more reviews people will give you. Try to keep it at a 2:1 ratio.

2. Rate your work. If something has graphic scenes of the f-word, rate it 'R'.

3. Limit chat-speak. Certain things like lol and POV are fine. Try to use proper spelling and grammar.

So, what genres do you write? What genres do you read?

Have fun on YWS!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:24 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Wolf! Or can I call you Wolfie? That's a cute name. Anyways, welcome to our rather addictive site called YWS! :D

Since you already know the rules we have here, I'll tell you about our lovely YWS staff. You may or may no have noticed that certain members have colored usernames, and this is because each color is a specific job.

Blue- Are Greeters, like Colleen and I. We welcome new members to YWS and make sure they know all the rules.

Purple- Are Instructors, like Flute. They will review your work and help you become a better writer.

Light Green/Green- Junior Moderators and Moderators. They control the forums here.

Red- Administrator. They make sure YWS is running smoothly and isn't falling into utter chaos. Our head Administrator is Nate.

Orange- Retired Moderators. They still hold some authority on YWS.

So if you have a question, would like a review, or want to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
— Flannery O'Connor