z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:40 am
yamar says...

Hey everyone! first post, and I sure am glad that I found this group!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:40 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Hiya! Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! This site gets amazingly addicting after a while...:P So, some rules that you should know are :

~Don't write in all caps. No one wants to see something written LIKE THIS. It just gets on people's nerves.

~Always use proper spelling and grammar. And, don't overuse chatspeak. An occasion 'lol' or 'brb' is fine. But, don't use it too much, 'kay?

~Always rate your works. If it has explicit scenes or uses the f-word it must be rated R. Works that aren't rated R will show up on the front page, so you get more chance of critiques.

^_^ I think that's about it. Wait! Nope! I almost forgot one.

~Nate is YWS God. Never forget this. It is extremely important to know for anyone on this site. Got it? :P

I think that's it for now. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk.

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:10 pm
bubblegum says...

Hi Yamar! ^^
Welcome to YWS. I look forward to see you on the forums and read your stuff..
Well, it was nice to meet you..
Btw, it's cool - we are on the same age xD And I'm a bit new too..

~ Bubblegum
May all your dreams come true.. (even the ones they laughed at).

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:27 pm
Shauni says...

Wow! A new member! :D

Allo yamar and welcome to our world! (yes, we do live here... at least must of us...we get addicted very quickly...;))

Now, your introduction was very short... We want to know you a bit more, can we?

Who's your favorite author?
Between these two,what do you prefer? Rock or Jazz?
Chocolate ice-cream or cookies ice-cream?
Loving this?

Aha ha, just some questions that we always ask the new members! We think that you will feel more welcome this way.... Are you feeling welcomed?? :P
I hope so, or your head will be riped off!! ;)
Just kidding, we are all very nice here. You will love it!

Flute already gave you the main rules, I shall provide you the rest:
You may notice that some of us have colored names. That's because we have jobs, commonly known as the "YWS Staff".

Blues- The greeters. They help hte newbies feel welcomed and help them getting along just fine here. Me, for example! (:

Purples- The instructors. These are the ones that help you with your work. They will review it and work with you to make the most of it. Flute is an instructor. If you need hep with your work, ask her. I'm sure she will be pleased to help you!

Light and Dark Green- Junior Moderators and Moderators. They boss around. Like some little bosses, they are in charge of certain forums.

Oranges- Retired mods and distinguished members.

Red- YWS Administrators

That's it for the colors. A cool rainbow, aww?
There are still missing some advices, but other ca n take of that. We need to share...

I hope to see you around, posting your work and getting active in the forums!
Have fun! :D

If you need anything, have a question or just wanna chat, feel free to PM me! :P

Best wishes

Shauni^^

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:58 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Yamar! Welcome to the big YWS family! You'll soon be addicted ;)
I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^^
It seems you have been very well advised! Be sure to follow the rules, ok?
Now, I would like to give you some advises! Shall I?

~ Click on the button at the top of this page that says 'Groups' and scroll down. You'll find many user groups, where you can meet people with the same likes as you and discuss anything related to that theme.
~ Be nice to everybody! We're all nice here. When somebody, signs your guestbook, reply.
~ If you want to chat or hang out, check if the chat is open or go to The Lounge (pass your mouse on the button that says 'Community' and select Community forums. Scroll down and you'll find it. You can check the chat on the Home page or in your YWS).
~ No cursing outside the Literature forum. Which I remind you to rate your work R, if it has swearing in it.
~ Don't take reviews too personally and don't be afraid to post your work. We won't bite (much).

Tell us more about yourself! Hobbies and favorites!
What do you like to write, read and review?

Well, see you around!
Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:16 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Yamar and welcome to YWS! :D

Since it seems mostly everything has already been mentioned, I'll tell you about the wonderful title system we have here! You may have noticed that your title has changed from New Member to Novice and this is due to your posting.

New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15-49 posts
Writer: 50-99 posts
Senior Writer: 100-249 posts
Novelist: 250-499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

There are more titles afterwards, but you don't need to worry about those yet. After you become a Novelist you receive the perk of being able to put a message under your name, so keep posting!

If you have any questions or would like a review, feel free to PM me anytime.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:05 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey yamar! Basically everything's been mentioned so far, but I'll you a couple of random facts about YWS.

On the front page, and when you log in, there's a little chat boxie thing. Click on there and log in and you can chat with other users on YWS!

Can't wait to read your writing!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
— T.S. Eliot