z

Young Writers Society

Hallo, latha math

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:11 am
Kyla/Marie says...

Hey, I just signed up so I thought I'd drop by here and introduce myself.
I'm Kyla Marie, I like to write, I like to write and read pretty much any kind of story, and I have a problem with finishing stories I start. >.<

Well... mar sin leat (good bye)
We've got a fantasy affair
We didn’t get wet. We didn’t dare.
Our aspirations are wrapped up in books
Our inclinations are hidden in looks
(Wrapped Up In Books- Belle and Sebastian)

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:24 am
Dreamwalker says...

Hi Kyla :) if I may call you that. I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people just call me dreamwalker or DW. You can call me whatever you want.

But yah, theres some specific rules that I just thought I would remind you of, and if I dont, the rest of the crazy blue's will.

first there is the 2:1 ratio. Now this rule is the two reviews equals one story post. Please review at least two times before posting a story. The best way to keep up with your review count is to just go on reviewing blitz's and the more you review, the more people will review your work.

Another thing we YWSers dont like is msn lingo. Wez dun likez it. Wez dun likez it a lot. If you're going to post anything, keep it nice and grammer approved ;) We dont mind emoticons though.

Another huge pet-peeve of us YWSers in all caps. I regret to inform you that all Caps are strictly annoying XP. Lets try to not use them. They are the devil! *just kidding*

I'll leave the rest to another greeter as not to overload you too much :). If you have any questions, or just need a friend to talk to or even if you want a nice longggg review and I mean long, just PM me and we'll get along just fine :D.

From dreams to reality
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

11 Reviews

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:53 am
Kyla/Marie says...

Thanks for the reminder.
I'm pretty happy about the grammar rule; I can't stand the all caps/text type.

Good sort of meeting you. =]

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:02 am
Dreamwalker says...

^^ I always like meeting new people.

If you're wondering, I'm a greeter. My colour is blue. I'll let someone else have a chance to explain the colour rule later XD. They will be mad cause I take all their fun away.

But yah, YWS is an awesome place to really help out all your writing and such things. I never knew how bad my punctuation was till I posted something on here and now I feel like I write a billion times better then I once did. Surely enough you'll realise this site is great ^^.

And people are terribly friendly, especially the instuctors 'purple names'. I'm still trying to become one but my review count it still too low.. well either way, welcome again to the site. If you want to get to know people as well there also the storybooks or character tea party, the forums, or my personal favourite, the chat. You get to know all the regulars on YWS there.

Oh my first day was only a few months ago too.. ^^.

Are there any aspects of writing which you most enjoy? Like fantasy or romance?

And while we're at it, any sorts of habits and vices in which you take to while writing? :)

~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

11 Reviews

Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:24 am
Kyla/Marie says...

Ahh, color coding...this might get complicated.. ><

I like writing pretty much anything I get an idea for. I've been working on this one story for the past five years and it's a vampire thing.

I'm terrible with transitions and sometimes skip them all together...>< and I think I use commas too much. And I have a hard time finishing most of the things I write.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:35 am
niteowl says...

Don't worry about the colors. They're not that complicated. I can explain them.

Blue (like me and Dreamwalker): Greeters. Our job is to welcome new members, explain the rules, and help them get around YWS. We're the ones to ask if you have any questions.

Purple: Instructors. They review, review, review. Of course, everyone reviews per the 2:1 rule, but these people stand out for their high quality critiques. On a related note, you can expect harsh critiques from some members (purple and otherwise), but the vast majority of members only give constructive comments because they want you to improve.

Light Green: Jr. Moderators. Sort of like Moderators but not as much power and they're only on specific sections (eg Discussion, Poetry, Fiction).

Green: Moderators. Also known as "Big Brother", they watch the forums and keep the site running swimmingly.

Orange: Distinguished Members. These are retired Mods/Admins. They may not be around as much these days, but they're still awesome, so we honor them with orange.

Red: Admin/Jr. Admins. Nate is the Administrator, aka His Holy Chimpiness. :P He is the awesome guy who made this site and continuously strives to make it better. Meshugenah and Firestarter are the Jr. Admins who help him out.

Well, now that that's done, welcome to YWS Kyla! Now you just need a gift. Charlie?

CONGRATULATIONS KYLA MARIE AND WELCOME TO THE WACKY COLORFUL WORLD OF YWS! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

11 Reviews

Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:03 am
Kyla/Marie says...

Cool, the color coding doesn't sound complicated.
Thanks for clearing that up and I loved the gift. =]

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:14 pm
bubblegum says...

Hi Kyla Marie! ^^
Welcome to YWS. I look forward to read your stuff, and to see you on the forums. ^^
It was nice to meet you, see you around!

~ Bubblegum
May all your dreams come true.. (even the ones they laughed at).

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:17 pm
mtempleton says...

Hello! Nice to meet you Kyla Marie.

Welcome to YWS. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums.

I was intrigued by your gaelic salutations. My name is gaelic, you know, although I don't speak it. It would be cool to learn some, so if you have any more phrases, please PM me.

M
"I want my journey to be full of laughter"

Final Fantasy X

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:00 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey, Kyla Marie, I'm Vivi (hehe, that rhymes) I speak Spanish and a little Japanese, but I's love to learn more Gaelic. Do you know any more?

I like fantasy too. Do you like Poetry? And Scripts?
When you review quite a bit, you get those fancy stars under your avatar. Here's a little info to help you know how many you have per review.

The Yellow:
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

The Blue:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars

The Red:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

11 Reviews

Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:57 pm
Kyla/Marie says...

Hey Vivi and M, thanks for the greeting.
I don't know that much Gaelic, just some basic phrases I've picked up from online databases. I really want to learn more though.

Vivi- I'm not that big on poetry, but lately I've been writing scripts more and really enjoying the format. Thanks a lot for adding me as a friend and for all of the info on the stars!

Life is a banana peel and I am the fool who dared to tread on it.
— looseleaf