z

Young Writers Society

Hola!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:00 pm
evelyn says...

Hi!

I'm Evelyn, but buddies call me Ev (an old name, I know). I like to at least try to write a little bit of everything. History is my geek area, particularly the personal stories that make it up. Also, I fail quite adiquitly at grammar and spelling, so... Yeah, that about sums it up :)

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:07 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Ha ha, I know a lot of people who aren't that great at grammar. Hi! I'm Peanut, happy to be at your service! :P

Let's lay down a couple of the rules for YWS;

:arrow: No chat speak... we are writers and should write accordingly! ;)
:arrow: Rate your pieces of writing... if it has cuss words or adult situations, rate it accordingly so.
:arrow: Follow the 2:1 ratio... for every piece you post, you have to review two other pieces. That way everyone gets reviewed. It's not really that hard, and you get used to it after a while. :)

I really hope you like it here at YWS... why don't you check out a couple of the usergroups, too? I would recommend Grammar Freaks... they can help you with your grammar! Also, check out some of the popular ones too; they are all really fun, though. :lol:

Have a nice time here, and PM me if you ever need anything; a question, a review, or just someone to talk to. See you around :P
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:21 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Heya Evelyn. Nice name; it's really unique. ^_^

So, Peanut gave you the rules I'll give you the colors. Then the greeters will come and say everything else. ^^

The YWS Paintbrush!
You've probably seen members with different colored names. Well, I'll explain.

:arrow: Black. Regular members. You could say that we're unemployed... :D We don't have a specific job.

:arrow: Blue. Greeters. They greet,welcome and answer everything newbie. :P (they'll be coming soon!)

:arrow: Purple. Instructors. They give super helpful reviews that will really help your writing.

:arrow: Greens. Moderators (dark green) They make sure everything is in its right place, posts are clean, etc... Junior moderators do the same, just in a specific forum. :)

:arrow: Orange. Distinguished members. Retired moderators and special members.

:arrow: Red. Site Admins. They keep the site up and running.

That's our pretty paintbrush.

So:

What books do you like to read?
Favorite genres?
Favorite Animal?

Enjoy YWS. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need a review... Etc. :D

~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:40 pm
View Likes
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Ev! Welcome to our wonderful world of YWS we have here! ^^ My name is Selene, by the way.

Adding onto what peanut said, here are some rules and little bits of advice:

~ Do not use all CAPs in your posts. For example: "THAT WAS AWESOME!!!" Term abbreviations such as POV, MC and lol are fine, but just please don't over-do it.

~ Since you said you fail adequately at spelling and grammar, please try your very best at putting proper grammar, punctuation and spelling into your posts. That would be lovely. :)

~ Please do not curse outside the Literature forums.

~ Don't be shy if you need to ask someone, like our pretty "paintbrush" as Storm referred to it as, because everyone is very friendly and is willing to help you.

If you have a question, would like a review, or want to talk, feel free to drop me a PM anytime.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:15 pm
Theodorable says...

Hi Ev, and welcome to YWS.

You've already have all of the basics so, why don't you tell us more about yourself? We like to get to know our new members, so please elaborate on your favorite: movie, book, day of the year, holiday, tv show, band, genre of music, or anything else that you wish us to know.

We won't bite if we don't like what we see, we only stand you up on your posts...Oops, sorry wrong forum. We're really are a fun group and we all hope that you enjoy your membership on YWS.

So see you around! :smt039

P.S. If you have any questions feel fre to ask me.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:54 pm
lilymoore says...

Just thought I would drop by to do my unofficial duty of harrassing the newbies. :D

So, to do so: My name is lilymoore and I'm pretty much the most boring member on the site. Seeing, however, that everyone already touched on the rules (and if you break them, you'll be cursed with an incurable case of writers block) as well as explaining the pretty paintbrush of names, I don't have much else to say.

Any questions, just give me a PM. I may not be a special blue or purple, but I've got a great feel for the site and should be able to lend a hand as well as give you an awesome review if you ask.

~lilymoore
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:20 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hola, I'm Viv or Vivi or Vivacious(call me Viv or Vivi, though ;))
Have you seen those little stars under people's avatars? Do you wonder what they are? Well, I'll tell you. They keep track of all the reviews you have done. The more stars, the more reviews, get it?

:arrow: The Yellow:
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

:arrow: The Blue:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars

The Red:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars

:arrow: This is the title system. You will see a title below someone's username.
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15-49 posts
Writer: 50-99 posts
Senior Writer: 100-249 posts
Novelist(where you start getting those awesome custom titles): 250-499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts
Those are just the basics. There are more that I can only dream of :wink:

Well, I think that that's all. PM me if you have any questions. I can't wait to read your writing! :D
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
— Steven Wright