z

Young Writers Society

Greetings

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:58 am
View Likes
Chaos Angelfish says...

The only true reason why I am here in the first place is to find out where I can send my work to get critiqued and if it is good enough for the world, get it published and to start to make a name for myself in the writing world/industry. I need money, just as everybody else does, but I am not some writing wannabe just trying to make a quick buck, though. Don't get me wrong everybody, I love to write, hell I been a writer since first grade and still going. Of course my writing skill and creativity has grown since then and so has my devotion into writing a story/paper/essay. I am a bit covert about myself, due to trust issues in the past, so I won't say much about myself. One thing I will tell you about me, is that my creativity is only matched by my craziness and eccentricness. Well, thats all I got to say, for now...

Random avatar

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:00 am
View Likes
Chaos Angelfish says...

I will come here on a weekly basis, usually on weekends... just to give you heads up.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:21 am
View Likes
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Chaos! Mind if I call you that or is there anything you would prefer being called? I'm Kat, nice to meet you. Welcome to the big family of YWS!
I'd like to explain the rules to you, ok?
~We have a 2:1 ratio. That means that for every work of yours you post, you should do two reviews. Posts on the Community forums or Groups don't count.
~Rate your work. Rated posts will appear on the front page. Except rated R, that is when you have a work that has rough language or adult themes. In those you should rate R. That way, our younger crowd won't read things they shouldn't.
~Do not use chat speak (thins like MC, POV, and the traditional lol are allowed) and keep capitalizing to a minimal We're all writers here, so we looove proper language. So don't use things like "I g2g!", neither "I LOOOOOOOOVED IT!", okay?

Now, some advises!
~ Click on the button at the top of this page that says 'Groups' and scroll down. You'll find many user groups, where you can meet people with the same likes as you and discuss anything related to that theme.
~ Be nice to everybody! We're all nice here. When somebody, signs your guestbook, reply.
~ If you want to chat or hang out, check if the chat is open or go to The Lounge (pass your mouse on the button that says 'Community' and select Community forums. Scroll down and you'll find it. You can check the chat on the Home page or in your YWS).
~ No cursing outside the Literature forum. Which I remind you to rate your work R, if it has swearing in it.
~ Don't take reviews too personally and don't be afraid to post your work. We won't bite (much).

Where do you live? Which type of things do you enjoy reading and writing?

Hum, you're probably not the first one to want that. Maybe you should submit your work first to preliminary reviews, and then edit and think about send it to some publishers.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:35 am
View Likes
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hi Chaos and welcome to YWS!

You may have noticed that we have different colored usernames here on YWS besides the original and classic black. This is because the different colors are a part of the YWS staff.

Blue- Greeters. They help make new members feel welcomed to the site.

Purple- Instructors. They critique your work and help you become a better writer.

Light green/Green- Junior Moderators and Moderators. They control the forums.

Red- Administrators. They make sure everything runs smoothly.

Orange- Retired Moderators. They still have some authority here on YWS.

Since you seem reluctant about telling us about you, why don't you tell us how you are as a writer?

~ Who is your favorite author?

~ What genre do you prefer writing?

~ What is your favorite book/trilogy/series?

If you have a question or would like a review, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
bubblegum says...

Hi Chaos!
I really look forward to read your stuff..
I've also write since first grade, but since you are older then me, I'm sure you have more skills then me! ^^
Well, it was nice to meet you, though..

Btw, do you like light or dark chocolate best? (I have no idea why I'm asking about that xD)

~ Bubblegum
May all your dreams come true.. (even the ones they laughed at).

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:38 pm
View Likes
Chloe(: says...

I love your username! Hey, I'm Viv, and welcome to YWS!
Here's some tips:
:arrow: If you rate your work less than 'R', it'll appear on the front page, which gives it more of a chance to get critiqued! But if it has to be rated R, then rate it R.
:arrow: Click the Resources menu at the top of the page. There's a whole lot of articles and websites that can help you with your writing.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
--Viv
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 pm
View Likes
Krupp says...

You came to the right place, man. I'm on here on a daily basis. You ever want something read, come talk to me right away. I'll get it done for you.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Random avatar

Sat May 02, 2009 10:36 am
View Likes
Chaos Angelfish says...

View my post in "About the Author" for some questions answered.
"Fear what you learn to love; Ironically, fear is what you learn to love"

"Damn her purple eyes," I thought peering into her saddened soul as the tears streaked down her face.

Sinisterly Perceiving the Unperceivable to those who can't see and revealing it to them since 2000.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sat May 02, 2009 10:48 am
View Likes
Hecate says...

Hey, you seem cool!

Have fun in YWS!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat May 02, 2009 10:08 pm
View Likes
fluteluvr77 says...

Heyy Chaos! Welcome to YWS! You've joined at an extremely exciting time - it's the Purps vs. Blues war! THis is basically when blues instruct and purps greet! It starts tomorrow, so feel free to PM any blues **prods username** for a review! Now, for some general tips.
~The Knowledge Base is where senior members of
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun May 03, 2009 9:43 am
mimimac says...

Hello! I'm Mia and welcome to YWS. :D
I hope you enjoy it here, we're all so welcoming and nice (I'm not just saying that. :P)
YWS has greatly improved my writing skills, I hope you get the same sort of experience out of it as I did. :)
Hope to publish a book? Me too :) I think all of us here have basically the same goal as you. :D
So have any favourite:
books,
movies,
authors,
ect. :)
PM me if you have any questions or need any reviews!

xxMiaxx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sun May 03, 2009 8:00 pm
View Likes
Pippiedooda says...

Hi chaos! This is a great place to get your work looked at :) There are loads of people on here who can offer help to you if you need it, it's an amazing site!

Well a lot seems to have already been covered but I thought I would just mention the knowledge base as it is a great way of improving your writing, it gives information on loads of things that anyone may be having trouble with. There are also contests going on on all sorts of things a lot of the time so if you ever feel up for entering one it might be a good test of your writing skills ;) it also means prizes of points and in depth critiques :)

Which brings me to the points system, if you review a piece (as long as it is long enough) you get 50 points and it costs 100 points to publish a piece, you can earn additional points in a number of ways such as offering help in homework or winning them :) People compete with points as you can see on the home page where there is a leader board with those winning with the most points at the end of every couple of weeks.

If you ever feel like talking or need a review PM me! Chat is easily accessible form the home page and allows you to get to know some of the other members, it's always kind of fun as everyone on here is quite random and happy most of the time ^^
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines