z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:25 am
el Arma Escrita says...

Hey! I signed up a week or so ago. I decided to just jump into things, rather than introduce myself here first... but, I figured I can afford to back-track!

I live in Michigan, where I am currently attending college as a Secondary Education / Spanish Language major. I am the oldest of three siblings, and was born in Panama. Although I want to be a Spanish professor someday, as a career, I would also love to be a published author!

I've been writing since I was around 8 years old, which means this year I've hit a decade. I started off with cliched anime-knockoff "novels," but have now graduated to more mature works. Most of my novels still have some sort of fantasy element, but I like to mish-mash genres and explore all the elements my main one has to offer. Character's are my favorite part of writing. I like to people watch. :)

Other than writing, I enjoy photography, exploring music and film, and playing lacrosse.

So. Yeah. That's pretty much all.

Oh - and if anyone is interested, I spent a total of 2.5 years as a newspaper editor. Granted, it was only for high school and community college, but I can do a very good copy edit.
'Cause it's the one's with the sorest throats, Laura, who have done the most singing.

---

Want your story copy edited? Shoot me a PM.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:30 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hello Arma! Welcome to YWS! :D

Here are some rules to get you started on the site!

~ We have a 2:1 ratio with reviewing and submitting work. You must review two pieces of work before submitting your own. I see you've already taken this rule to heart, so kudos to you!

~ Please rate your work. If there is mature content, sex scenes, or vulgar language, please rate it R and so on.

~ Please use proper punctuation, spelling and grammar.

~ Do not use all CAPs or chat-speak/net-speak. This means "dont tk lk dis" or "DO NOT TALK LIKE THIS!". Even though you may have that sudden urge to really go all CAPs or use chat-speak, please refrain from doing so and all of YWS will forever love you.

If you have any questions or would like a review, feel free to PM me anytime.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:45 am
Dreamwalker says...

Hiya Arma (If I may call you that) and welcome to YWS.

I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people just call me Dreamwalker or DW. You can call me whatever.

As Selene said before, there are some simple rules to follow.

Also, there are some different roles in which some YWS members play in making this website run smoothly.

They have colour coded names if your wondering :D.

They are:

Blue- Greeters
Purple- Instructors
Green/Dark green- Junior Mod's and Moderators
Red- Administrators :D
Orange- Distinguished members

The Blue named people, like myself, help guide any new persons to YWS throughout all the different aspects and rules. We also help with any sort of problem or confusion you may have about the site :D.

The Purples are the instructors. They are very good at reviewing your work and if you need anyone to go to for a good review, they are the people. They also help if you need advice on your work and are very, in general, just helpful people. Dont be shy and ask for reviews!

The Green's are the Junior Moderators. They are just kind of scanning their forums to make sure nothing bad is happening on the site. We dont want any sort of mischeif now do we :)

The Dark Green's are the moderators and they are just that. Moderators. They take care of the entire website and have a very high responsibility. Dont mess with the Mod's cause they do have the ability to ban.

There's then the Admin's. Now those people are the ones who take full control of the website and when I mean full control, they are constantly working to keep it good as gold. They also can ban you so dont get on their nerves XD.

Then theres the orange's. They are retired Mod's. They still have some power of authority, but they dont necessarily take full responsibility as the Mod's do.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me anytime :D. I'd be more the willing to help answer any questions you may have.

From Dreams to reality
~The.Dreamwalker

P.S. As people have stated before me, Nate is our YWS God. Just thought that would be necessary XD.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:02 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Arma and welcome to YWS! Since Selene and Dreamwalker have explained the rules and colors, I can do the groups. Up there, in the top bar, do you see that button marked 'Groups'? If you click there, you'll find a list of all the usegroups here on YWS. They are for people who share interests, so joining YWS will be more fun. I believe that there's a group for novelists, so you can go ahead and join. There's bound to be some that you like.

So, tell us more about yourself. You say you're interested in music. What type of music do you like? Or favorite bands/artists? What are your favorite movies? How do you feel about your writing?

Well, if you need anything, you're free to PM me for help. I hope to see you around sometime. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 am
el Arma Escrita says...

Thanks for all the information! It looks like a good community.

So, tell us more about yourself. You say you're interested in music. What type of music do you like? Or favorite bands/artists? What are your favorite movies? How do you feel about your writing?

I listen to all sorts of music. Almost literally everything. Right now, the songs I have playing on a loop range from the Cowboy Bebop end song to "I Can't Decide" by the Scissor Sisters to "Atrevete" by Calle 13 to "Casimir Pulaski Day" by Sufjan Stevens. I'm always finding new things I like. If I had to pick a couple artists, though, I would say that Tom Waits and Franz Ferdinand are currently tied.

I would have to say that my favorite serious movies: The Motorcycle Diaries, Requiem for a Dream, and American Psycho. The best funny movies I know are The Big Lebowski, Trailer Park Boys, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Honorable mention to Slumdog Millionaire, it was the best thing I saw this year.

And as for my writing... well, to be honest, right now I'm feeling pretty confident about it. Obviously, I still have things to improve on, but this year I hit one of those ever-so-wonderful bursts of skill. I did SuMoWriMo last year and "won," and since have simply kept up scheduled writing times everyday. So, I've been really productive--especially lately, I find myself putting in extra time sometimes, haha.

And yourself?
'Cause it's the one's with the sorest throats, Laura, who have done the most singing.

---

Want your story copy edited? Shoot me a PM.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:02 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS Arma! I am Winter.

Do you mind if I shorten your name? Most people will; we're lazy when it comes names here. :D

I don't know if there is anything else I can tell you about. It seems everything has been covered!

Character's are my favorite part of writing. I like to people watch.

That's my favorite part of writing as well! I am very interested in cultural anthropology, and I think that is why I love creating characters so much.

So, what are some of your favorite subjects? I'm guessing you like Spanish. That's so cool that you were born in Panama! We have lots of international users on YWS. We've people from England, Ireland, Scotland, Finland, Indonesia, Canada, USA, Australia, Germany and many more countries that I can't remember off the top of my head.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde