z

Young Writers Society

Salutations.

Reviews: 2
Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:52 am
Bakura says...

Yes, yes; hello and all that jazz. My name is Monique (though you may address me as Bakura) and I am a thirteen year old girl with bleak outlooks and an ego the size of Toronto. I am an anarcho-primitivist with an extreme superiority complex and anger management issues. That's not to say I will snap at you, though, just act tolerable.

In my daily boredom induced perusing of the internet I stumbled across this site. I decided to sign up as a way to combat any literary deficiency caused by a long break from writing. I'm sure you all know how annoying that can be.

I generally am never happy with my own writing, and I hardly ever share it on a forum such as this, but I trust that from what I've viewed thus far this is a sensible community with understanding and encouraging qualities...

I tend to act differently when profiling myself than when I'm having a laid-back discussion with friends, so don't be afraid to message me.
I always try to respond quickly and I promise my bark is far worse than my bite.
I'm not cynical, everything just sucks.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:08 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Monique! Welcome to YWS! :D

I'm sure you'll love YWS! Everyone here is very friendly and are willing to help you become a better writer. So don't worry, no one bites. ;) I'm sure you'll come to trusting the people on here with your work.

Here are a few rules here to get you started:

~ We have a 2:1 ratio here on YWS when it comes to reviewing and submitting your own work. This means that you need to review two pieces of work before posting your own.

~ Please rate your work. If it contains sex scenes or vulgar language, please rate it R and so forth. This is so your work that is not R-rated will appear on the main page.

~ Please refrain from using all CAPs and chat-speak. For example: "dat wuz awsme! kp wrtng." or "THAT WAS AWESOME!!! KEEP WRITING!". Term abbreviations such as lol, POV and MC or fine, just please don't over-use them.

So tell me a bit more about yourself as a writer. :)

~ Who is your favorite author?

~ What is/are your favorite book(s)?

~ Do you prefer a specific genre to write in?

~ Do you prefer writing poetry or fiction?

~ What inspires you to write?

If you have any questions, would like a review, or simply want to talk, feel free to PM me anytime.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:59 pm
Shauni says...

AllĂ´ fellow writer! Welcome to our dimension, the YWS! Tacha-tan-tchannn! *Star wars soundtrack playing while I say this*

Selene already gave you the main rules, I shall proceed...:P
You may notice that some people have colored names. That's because they have jobs, commonly known as YWS Staff. Our own rainbow.

Blues- They are the greeters. They make sure that the newbies fit in and help them with anything.

Purples- Instructors. They are "reviewers". They will work with you on your works and help you improve them.

Light and Dark Greens- Junior Moderators and Moderators. The JM are in charge of a certain forum. The Mod. are i charge o every forum. They boss us.

Oranges- Retired mods and/or distinguished members.

Reds- YWS Administrators.

That's it for the rainbow. Pretty colorful, right?! :D

In my daily boredom induced perusing of the internet I stumbled across this site. I decided to sign up as a way to combat any literary deficiency caused by a long break from writing. I'm sure you all know how annoying that can be.

I generally am never happy with my own writing, and I hardly ever share it on a forum such as this, but I trust that from what I've viewed thus far this is a sensible community with understanding and encouraging qualities...

Don't worry, there are a lot of people that feel the same about you. YWS heals all that!

If you need anything, have a question or just wanna chat, PM me anytime!

Have a nice day!

Shauni^^

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:08 pm
Meep(: says...

Heh, hiya Monique!
Welcome to our YWS family! :D

We'll get along just fine!
I believe my bark is worse than my bite as well,
So you won't be able to intimidate me ;)

Anyhoo, it would seem that your english is of a high standard,
So I look forward to reading your works soon!

Feel free to PM me for a review, if you have questions, or just want to talk! :D
~Have a great day!
Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:40 pm
Carlito says...

Hi Bakura, Welcome to YWS! :D

I really liked your little intro about yourself. You don't hold back and that's awesome, I can't wait to get to know you better :)
Not saying that you would do this, but just make sure that if someone reviews your work and you don't particularly like what they say that your respect their opinion and don't attack them or anything :)

So tell me about yourself.
What's your favorite movie? Song? Music Artist?
If you could have any superpower, what superpower would you have and why?
If you were a kind of shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

A memorandum isn't written to inform the receiver, but to protect the writer.
— Dean Acheson