Young Writers Society

Bubblegum has arrived..

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:44 pm
bubblegum says...

Hello there :D

Well, as you can see - I'm new here. ^^

I'm from Norway and I hope my english is fine - so you can understand me..
And if it's not - just ignore it, 'Keey? xD
If you want to know something - ask.. ^^

Hugs from Bubblegum
Last edited by bubblegum on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:19 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Bubblegum! Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! You have an awesome username, by the way. Very cute.

Here are some YWS rules for you:

:arrow: There is a 2:1 ratio here when it comes to reviewing and submitting your own work. This means that you must review two pieces of work before posting your own.

:arrow: There is no chat speak or all CAPs here on YWS. This means "u cant tk lk dis" or "YOU CANNOT TALK LIKE THIS!". Term abbreviations like lol and MC are fine.

:arrow: Please rate your work. If your writing contains vulgar language or mature content, please rate it R and so on.

:arrow: Check your work for spelling, grammatical, and capitalization errors. This will be greatly appreciated by everyone on here, since we're all writers.

If you have a question, would like a review, or want to talk, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:59 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Bubblegum! I'd like to chew you! *looks awkward* Well, that was supposed to be funny, but it came out wrongly. *looks around again* Moving on!
Welcome to YWS, dear! I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^^ You'll soon be addicted, like the rest of us.

Now, I would also like to explain to you our rainbow! We have a beautiful rainbow
Black - people like us, normal writers with no definite job.

Blue - Greeters. They welcome the newbies and help them through the beginning (like me and Sleene above).

Purple - Instructors. They give the most constructive and detailed reviews and answer questions you might have.

Light Green/ Dark Green - Junior Moderators and Mods. They make sure the others above make their job properly and control the correct use of language and so.

Red - Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

Orange - Distinguished members. They're basically retired Mods and Adms.

I also have some advises for you!
~ Click on the button at the top of this page that says 'Groups' and scroll down. You'll find many user groups, where you can meet people with the same likes as you and discuss anything related to that theme.
~ Be nice to everybody! We're all nice here. When somebody, signs your guestbook, reply.
~ If you want to chat or hang out, check if the chat is open or go to The Lounge (pass your mouse on the button that says 'Community' and select Community forums. Scroll down and you'll find it. You can check the chat on the Home page or in your YWS).
~ No cursing outside the Literature forum. Which I remind you to rate your work R, if it has swearing in it.
~ Don't take reviews too personally and don't be afraid to post your work. We won't bite (much).

Oh, you're from Norway, are you? Well, hi fellow European.
Well, if you need anything, feel free to PM me!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

13 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 pm
bubblegum says...

Thank you, guys! ^^
I look forward to read and write here at YWS.. ^^
May all your dreams come true.. (even the ones they laughed at).

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Heya Bubblegum!!! Nice username! :D
Yay! Your 13 like me! Another youngster newbie. ^_^

So some things they didn't cover.

:arrow: Blog!!!

So, here on YWS you can make a blog to meet new friends, rant, and virtually scream at people! So fun. So to do this just go to the Blog icon on the top of the page and go to Blog Control Panel. It's pretty self-explanatory from there but... Feel free to PM me if you have a question about it.

:arrow: Chat!!!

We have an awesome chat here so you can go on it if you feel like meeting and talking to new people or private messaging to your friends. It's super fun!!!

One last thing!

:arrow:Points/Titles/Posts

For every post you make you get points. The most you can get is 50 a post. For every story/poem/etc. post it cost you 150 points, I believe. So here are the titles you can get for the number of posts you have:

New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

At Novelist you can change your title to what ever you want. This will go under your usename.

So, feel free to PM me about anything. About YWS, questions, reviews, or if you just want to chat!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:18 pm
sofi says...

Norway?! Woah that sounds really cool.

What's it like there?

Welcome to the big, loveable family of YWS :D I hope you like it here, which I'm sure you will. It's always nice to have new additions.

So what kind of things do you usally like to write? Any favourite books/ authors?

If you have any questions about anything or if you would like a review feel free to PM me and I would love to help :D

See you around!
Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:30 pm
Bloo says...

Hi Bubble, anything else you like to be called?

Well I'm Ryan, Bolt, and recently Blue Bolt, or BB for short. ( I just went Blue and became a Greeter Today :D )

So yeah I won't bother asking any questions, you got so many still waiting for you.

But I will expand on Storm's posts on the Titles.

Like the titles there are starts in that represent the amount of reviews you have given, and the different colors represent the amount here is the chart on how this works

For Yellow Stars:
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 reviews = 5 Red Stars

Yep Reds seem impossible, yet some people have the, those are vets and have been here for ages.

Also feel free to PM any questions you have further.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:43 pm
Carlito says...

Hi bubblegum! Welcome to YWS! :D

oooh! Norway...sweet! :) I think your English is awesome by the way. What's your native language? Have you ever visited the US?

What genre to you like to write in? I write almost anything. Sci-fi and fantasy are pretty much the only exceptions :)

If you could have any superpower, what superpower would you have and why? And if you could be a marine biologist, what animal would you study?

I hope you have a terrif time here and if you need anything or have any questions feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

13 Reviews

Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:49 pm
bubblegum says...

Sofi: Here in Norway it is a kind of changing weather, really.. The snow didn't went away before April, and I don't like the winter. I wanted the sommer to come!
But to day it was so hot!
Norway is a great country, I think. Many nice people and all of that. so there is no problem to get friends here - even over the internet! ^^
I don't know what else I'm going to say, so..
----
I like to write about everything! Who doesn't? But, I like the Sci-fic and fantasy best, though.
----
Yes, I read a lot of books. So my parents need to hide them sometimes xD
But I like Stephenie Meyer and J.K.Rowling. That means that I like the Twilight books and the Harry Potter books. But I also read anything I come over, really..

Tnme22: My native language is Norwegian.
----
No, I have never visited the US, but i really want to, and I will - one day! ^^
----
As I said above I like to write about everything.. Any genre.
----
Superpower? Then I would like to read minds. Why? Because it seem very fun to read what other people are thinking, you know. And because it is a kind of cool superpower.
But it must be controllable, you know.. ^^
----
I have no idea! Really... I need to think - a while!

And thanks for the other things about stars, points and colors and all of that! ^^

~ Bubblegum
May all your dreams come true.. (even the ones they laughed at).

Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief