z

Young Writers Society

The Mysteries of Poker

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:01 pm
Pokerface101 says...

Well, I'm Poker. I'm a mystery to most of my friends so don't try to figure me out. Because you wont succeed. :smt077
Okay, enough of that. I have a friend on here that I've known for a awhile (Teddybear22) and I am going to give this a try. So my main interests are drama and music. I am a Twilight fan, but I'm not obsessed. And I am a regular person who hopes to find a couple of new friends around here. So once again, Hi!!

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:26 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey Poker =]

Welcome to YWS!

I'm Dudette :D

I'll leave the rules for someone else to explain to you.

So... You're a Twilight fan?

What's your favourite book in the Twilight series? I love New Moon best!

So yeah. If you'd like to talk I'll be happy to be of assistance :)

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:45 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Poker face! You name reminds me of that song by Lady gaga... oh, and look at your avatar!
Welcome to YWS, dear! I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^^
You'll soon be addicted, like the rest of us :P

So, we have three major rules here!
Arrow We have a 2:1 ratio. That means that for every work of yours you post, you should do two reviews. Posts on the Community forums or Groups don't count.
Arrow Rate your work. Rated posts will appear on the front page. Except rated R, that is when you have a work that has rough language or adult themes. In those you should rate R. That way, our younger crowd won't read things they shouldn't.
Arrow Do not use chat speak (thins like MC, POV, and the traditional lol are allowed) and keep capitalizing to a minimal We're all writers here, so we looove proper language. So don't use things like "I g2g!", neither "I LOOOOOOOOVED IT!", okay?

Now, I would also like to explain to you our rainbow! We have a beautiful rainbow Very Happy
Black - people like us, normal writers with no definite job.

Blue - Greeters. They welcome the newbies and help them through the beginning (like what I'm doing right now!)

Purple - Instructors. They give the most constructive and detailed reviews and answer questions you might have. Like Mars above, that did a good job by redirecting you to the Rules.

Light Green/ Dark Green - Junior Moderators and Mods. They make sure the others above make their job properly and control the correct use of language and so.

Red - Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

Orange - Distinguished members. They're basically retired Mods and Adms.

I also have some advises for you!
~ Click on the button at the top of this page that says 'Groups' and scroll down. You'll find many user groups, where you can meet people with the same likes as you and discuss anything related to that theme. Right in the beginning, there's one named "Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move". Is for anything Twilight related. It's great!
~ Be nice to everybody! We're all nice here. When somebody, signs your guestbook, reply.
~ If you want to chat or hang out, check if the chat is open or go to The Lounge (pass your mouse on the button that says 'Community' and select Community forums. Scroll down and you'll find it. You can check the chat on the Home page or in your YWS).
~ No cursing outside the Literature forum. Which I remind you to rate your work R, if it has swearing in it.
~ Don't take reviews too personally and don't be afraid to post your work. We won't bite (much).

So, tell us more about yourself! What are your favs? Music/artist/movie/author/book/food, etc?
Where do you live? Which type of things do you enjoy reading and writing?

Twilight, huh? I love Twilight. But I'm also not obsessed with it.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:43 pm
MagnusBane says...

Hey poker face! Welcome to YWS! If you're looking to make friends, this is the place! Everyone here is very friendly and helpful. As long as you're polite, you'll fit in just fine!

Pm me if you have any questions! See you around the site. I can't wait to read some of your writing!

~MB13
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:54 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Huh. Kat got everything!

So, anyways, Welcome to YWS!!! Where writers ramble and roam, and all things more. :D

So, what genres do you like to read/write?

Ohh! I found somethings that Kat missed! Yay! Well, here they are:

The Blog!!!

Feel free to make your own blog. A great way to express yourself, rant, scream using the computer and more. :wink: Its very enjoyable and a get way to get to know people and make new friends! You can make one by clicking on the Blogs button at the toop andgoing to the blog control panel to start your new blog. It's pretty self-explanatory from there on but feel free to PM me if you a question!

The... (what's it called?) Oh! The Titles!

Here they are:

Depending on how many posts you have made, your rank can change.

New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

Additionally, after you have made 250 posts, you may change your rank to whatever title you wish to have.

:D That is some stuff you mght want to go for. :D

Here is a link explaining some other stuff!
Right here!

Have fun at YWS!!! Feel free to PM me if you need something, questions, etc...
~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:20 pm
Carlito says...

Hi Pokerface! Welcome to YWS! :D
(I love that song and Lady Gaga by the way) :)

So everything you need to know was pretty much covered. (writewhatiwant *nudge nudge*)

I like Twilight too, join the 'Alice Cullen Knows your Next Move' Group, it's really fun. There are a lot of great discussions and you can pick your favorites for who to play who in upcoming movies. Did you like the Twilight movie? I thought it was kind of bad, and funny in a bad way. :)

So anyway...
What your favorite TV show? What's your favorite book(s)? Movies?
If you were a marine biologist what animal would you study?

I hope you have a great time here, and if you need anything or have any questions feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:22 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

If you click on the big Groups button in the header, you'll be linked to the groups Tnme22 told you about, and more. Way more. Poke around to find groups you're interested in. They're a great way of making friends with similar interests.

Also, if you hover your mouse over Resources, you'll find an option called the Knowledge Base. Click on it to get a bunch of articles on writing, poetry, YWS and misc. All of the articles are written by YWSers, and there are some great ones. It's a great place to brows if you have a couple hours to kill. :P

Tell us more about yourself! What do you like to read? Write?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:18 am
Bloo says...

Power, I'm Ryan or Bolt or Bolty or Boltage or really any play on the word bolt.

So twilight, I don't really like it, and unless you want a rant that will be a novel don't ask why.

So I see you have had so many great greeters steer you, and inform you already, I can really only see one thing missing here.

As you may have noticed under the avatar of some people are stars, they are either yellow, red or blue. These are like the titles Storm explained, but for reviews and not posts, here is the system.

For Yellow Stars:
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 reviews = 5 Red Stars

I know red seems impossible to get, but there are some with them, but they have been on for a long time though, so have had loads of time to do it.

Now if you have any questions feel free to PM me on anything.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:42 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Pokerface! Welcome to YWS! :D

Well since I see pretty much everything has been said *pokes Kat* I'll just tell you about some of the things you can do here.

Storybooks can be confusing to people who have never heard about, seen, or has been in one. They are stories that go along by different people who represent different characters. Storybooks "die" or stop going because sometimes the people in them just stop posting, so the story can't move along. They're a lot of fun to do and you can make a lot of new friends doing them.

If you have some time to kill, check out the Community forums, like the Lounge, Writing Activities and Randomness forum. There's always something fun and interesting to do, like games. Check the Lounge for up-coming YWS events and more. You'll never get bored in the Community forums.

If you have a question, would like a review, or want to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:08 pm
Pokerface101 says...

Thanks to everyone who posted and I'll try to answer your questions as much as I can. But that'll be later. ;)
I wanna roll with him a hard pair we will be
A little gamblig is fun when you're with me(I love it)
Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun, fun

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:25 pm
Pokerface101 says...

Okay, well my favorite book from the Twilight series would have to be Eclipse.
Music- I really love punk rock and pop
artist- MCR, Lady GaGA
movie- Conf. of a shop-aholic
author- Jane Austen
book- Pride and Prejudice
food- cinnamon rolls
Where do you live? The US
Which type of things do you enjoy reading and writing? Mainly romantic fiction
What your favorite TV show? That 70's Show
If you were a marine biologist what animal would you study? Dolphins

And thanks for giving me the lowdown. And I can tell that everyone it really nice, so it's off to a good start. I hope these answer some of your questions.
I wanna roll with him a hard pair we will be
A little gamblig is fun when you're with me(I love it)
Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun, fun

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence