Young Writers Society

Hi

Random avatar

Reviews: 0

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:06 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Slash! Welcome to amazingly addictive world of YWS!

We have a few rules here:

1.) Please use proper grammar, punctuation and capitalization while on YWS. Also, don't use chat-speak, like "dat wuz awsme" and don't use all CAPS like "THAT WAS SOOO AWESOME!!!".

2.) We have a 2:1 ratio here when it comes to reviewing. This means that you need to review two pieces of work on YWS before submitting your own work for reviews.

So tell me a bit more about yourself! :D

~What do you love to write?

~Do you have a favorite food or dessert?

~Who is your favorite author?

~Do you have a favorite book?

If you have a question, would like a review, or just want to talk, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:09 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hi Slash! Welcome to YWS.
I'm Zehra. I can see you don't like to talk much. Do you now? Or are you just shy? '"Hi!" doesn't tell us a lot about you, unfortunately. ;)
This is your thread and we'd love to know more about you. So what kind of things are you into? Music? Writers? Books? Fiction or Non Fiction? Poetry or Prose?

You're a new member and the site may seem confusing at first. I highly recommend that you read the FAQs, guides, and rules. You'll find a FAQ for new members in the Welcome forum. it would also be a good idea to browse around the Help and Support section. If you still have questions or concerns, you can always PM me, and I'd be happy to help you. :)

Well, have fun reviewing and posting.
See you around!
-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:39 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, another little rule is to please rate your work. Rated works, unless rated R, show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or adult content.

Also, you might want to check out the Knowledge Base. Just hover over Resources in the header and click the Knowledge Base option. You'll find tons of articles written by YWSers on almost every topic, from helping you navigate YWS to how to write in third person. A great place to look around if you have a couple of hours to kill! :P

Slash is an interesting username. Where did you come up with it?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:27 am
Bloo says...

Hi slash I'm Bolt, or boltage or any play on the word bolt really. Also Ryan, your Max (middle name)

So Slash I'm just going to explain a few things to do with posts and and reviews here.

As you might have seen under some peoples avatars there are stars, and in the colors of either yellow, red or blue. These stars are made to represent the reviews someone has, and here is how that works

For Yellow Stars:
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 reviews = 5 Red Stars

Reds seem hard to get, am I right? But some people have them, amazing, No? Then again most of them have been on here sense the beginning, so don't feel bad you don't have them they have worked hard over the years for them.

Also under the user name of people there are titles you might have seen, these are for the posts they have, and are rankings really. They go like this

Also According to the amount of posts you have you are given a different rank
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts (This gives a perk)
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

And when you get to novelist you get to have a custom title, mine is the kind of awesome puppet thing on mine (I forgot it).

It also goes higher than that, but I can't remember the post count for them, I believe 1,000 give speaker though.

So yeah if you need anything else feel free to PM.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:50 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Hiya! Welcome to YWS! Alright, so the basic rules have been covered! So, I'm going to go over the colors on YWS. In case you haven't noticed, some usernames are colored differently than others.

~Black - Normal members who write and critique.
~Blue - Greeters who welcome the newbies! :D
~Purple - Instructors that give in-depth critiques.
~Green (light and dark) - Mods that take care of certain forums.
~Red - Site administrators who keep the site running smoothly.
~Orange - Distinguished members; usually retired mods or admins.

^_^ I think that's it for the colors. What kind of genres do you like to write? Are you another poetry fan? Whatever you write I'm sure you can find a group of people who like the same thing...That's part of the reason why YWS is so addictive...XD

Anywayz, I think that's about it...Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk! ^_^

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:09 am
Shauni says...

Hhyea fellow writer1 welcome to out family, the YWS!
As much people said, "hi" doesn't help that much getting to know you...
Moving on :

As bolt said, and very well, you get a certain rank according to the points you may have. These are just two that he missed.

Master of the Forum: 1000+
Writer of Legend: 10000+(?) This one I'm not sure about.

Okay, now for some advices:

~Be nice to everybody. When you are nice, people will want to be your friends and collaborate with you on their writing activiies :P.

~Check out the Groups Area. Scroll down and you will find a bunch of hem, waiting for you to join them. See if you can find smething that you like! :D

~Get active around here1 Start posting your works or post on the Community Furons. It's a great way to become active and known.

~When someone posts you a guestbook entry, post your answer/thanks message on theirs, okay?!

Done, my friend.
Please, answer the question we (they...) made you. We like to get to know your interests!

If you need anything, have a question or just wanna chat, feel free to PM me anytime !!

Best wishes

Shauni^^

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:41 pm
bubblegum says...

Hi Slash ^^
Welcome to YWS, as you sure can see I'm new here too.
It's cool that you are at my age, 13. Well, my birthday is in May, though.
I'm not going to ask questions because all the other have allready asked.
Nice to meet you, Slash..

~ Bubblegum
May all your dreams come true.. (even the ones they laughed at).

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson