z

Young Writers Society

Im new!!

Reviews: 4
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:21 pm
genuine-writer says...

HI people and readers! I'm new to the society and im hoping that people could help me out on a few things maybe about the points and things?

I also LOVE to write stories and would hopefully post my own story soon! please encourage me!!!! :D :wink:

I haven't really gotten around to finish al of the stories i started but i sure would love too. Im very shy at sometimes :oops: but if i like your story/poem then i would gladly want to get to know you better. :)

My favorite genre of writing is adventure, mystery, strage, fiction, fighting-humor-romance. Any of those you have then GREAT! i WIILLL read them so please show me some of your skillz. :P

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:29 pm
Bloo says...

Hi there genuine is there anything else you like to be called?

I'm Ryan, but you can call me Bolt.

So here we have we have a few rules, but these are the biggest two
1. You should have a 2:1 ratio for reviewing and posted works. So if you want to post a story, make sure to review two things first
2. Also use proper grammar, capitalization and spelling, and no chat speak. (though ones like jk and lol are okay)

Also you might notice there are different colored names for people, well each color is for a different job.

Blue: This is for greeters, they are here to greet newbies like you.

Purple: They are Instructors, they are to help with writing, usually doing very in depth critics for writing

Light and dark green: These people are moderators/ junior mods, they are here to they are here to watch writing and post, to make sure they are okay, and to keep spamming away.

Red: these people are Administrators here to help the site run smoothly, and are like higher ranking mods.

Orange: this means they are retired Admins or mods

And this you might have seen the stars under avatars, those represent the amount of reviews someone has, like so.

For Yellow Stars:
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 reviews = 5 Red Stars

1: According to the amount of posts you have you are given a different rank
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts (This gives a perk)
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

Also when you get to novelist, you get a custom title, that's where I have "I am the king of awesome, now dance for me puppets, dance"

And
2:
you can also right in different colors here to do so follow these instructions, but don't over use this, like use it on your signature only, and in guestbooks.

put [color=red] put in your text then end with [/ color] and place the [/ and color] together, (I didn't because then my text would have been red.)

and to change the color you take where I put "red" in the beginning, then place the color you want from the "font color" which is right under Bold, italics and underline, (represented by B, i, u)and go to the thing that says default, scroll and there are the options.

when in guest books you can just click on the color, and the beginning and end of the thing I place above will show up for you.

And remember not to abuse this ability.

So

your favorite books,food, band, song,...etc

You have any non writing hobbies.

And if you have any more questions fell free to PM.
Last edited by Bloo on Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:37 pm
xDudettex says...

Wow - I think bolt covered pretty much everything there is to know about YWS on the rules side of things, so I'm just here to say hi!

I'm Dudette :D

Welcome to YWS!

Don't be afraid to post your work either - people on here are super friendly, so you have nothing to be worried about!

PM me if you'd like me to review your work or if you'd just like to chat!

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:20 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey Writer! I'm Kat nice too meet you.
Again, I would like to remind bolt NOT to copy my post.
Anyway, it seems everything has been said.
One more thing.
Check out the Blogs. Click on the big button at the top of the page, that says 'Blogs' and select control panel. the instructions to create a blog are simple and are there. After that, you can read and comment the other users blogs.

Well, if you need anything, or just want to chat, PM me! (The middle button at the end of my post that says 'PM ME!')
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:15 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just to let you know, rated works, unless rated R, show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or adult content.

If you click on the big Groups button in the header, you'll be brought to a page filled with dozens of groups for your enjoyment. :D They're a great place to make friends with the same interests as you.

Please don't flood the boards with your work. Only post about one story a day, no matter how much you're reviewing. People get turned off if they see more then one or two threads posted by the same author in one day.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:06 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Genuine, welcome to YWS!

It seems like a lot has already been covered, but I do see one tiny detail. Don't talk in all CAPS while on YWS. For example: HEY, YOU DID AN AWESOME JOB! KEEP WRITING!

Since you asked about the points, I will gladly show you. :D

YWS Point System

Earning

~ You can earn up to 50 points by reviewing work, so make sure your reviews are beneficial towards the writer and helpful when it comes to the writer's future submissions. Also, make sure your review is at least three sentences (or three lines) long or it won't count as a review. The more detailed your review is, the more helpful it will be for the author.

~ You may also earn points by posting in certain forums, like the Welcome forum, and in certain groups.

~ Your points will be reset to 300 points (I think) every two weeks.

Spending

~ You spend points when you submit your own work. For each story or poem you submit, you are spending 150 points.

~ When you submit a storybook, it will cost 500 points.

If you have a question, would like a review, or need a friend, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:01 pm
MagnusBane says...

Hey, genuine! Welcome to YWS! The site might seem a bit confusing at first, but don't worry - you'll soon be just addicted as the rest of us! If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Everyone here is pretty friendly.

Don't be shy about posting your stories! No one's going to bite you. You might even find that getting people to review your stories gives you the push you need to write to the end!

Happy writing! I hope to read some of your work soon!
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
— Paul Simon