z

Young Writers Society

Haute couture

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:07 pm
Velvet says...

Hello everyone, happy to be here :] I want to explore my writing skills and this seems like the perfect community to do so, since it looks so friendly and supportive...

My goal here is mainly to practice my reviews, so hopefully I will be able to improve my own writing. Also, I may come forward with a story of mine once I build enough confidence; we'll see :]

Now that I have read all the rules and know by heart the functioning of the forum, I am absolutely looking forward to begin interacting with you all!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:37 pm
Bloo says...

Hi there velvet, is there anything else you like to be called?

I'm Ryan, but you can call me Bolt.

So here we have we have a few rules, but these are the biggest two
1. You should have a 2:1 ratio for reviewing and posted works. So if you want to post a story, make sure to review two things first
2. Also use proper grammar, capitalization and spelling, and no chat speak. (though ones like jk and lol are okay)

Also you might notice there are different colored names for people, well each color is for a different job.

Blue: This is for greeters, they are here to greet newbies like you.

Purple: They are Instructors, they are to help with writing, usually doing very in depth critics for writing

Light and dark green: These people are moderators/ junior mods, they are here to they are here to watch writing and post, to make sure they are okay, and to keep spamming away.

Red: these people are Administrators here to help the site run smoothly, and are like higher ranking mods.

Orange: this means they are retired Admins or mods

Some tips for writing are to also rate all your work, because more people are tempted to read it, and if they are below R, then they can be put on the front page.

And now that's that out of the way, tell me about yourself.
What do you like to do, listen to, eat, stuff like that.

What do you write.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

5 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:00 pm
Velvet says...

Hello Bolt, nice meeting you! Velvet is absolutely fine, as well as any other name. Honestly, even if you call me Tootmaginging Pinneaple Conciounirge I'll know you mean me!

Thank you for briefing me on the rules; I trust this will not be a problem. And thank you for explaining me the colours too! I was looking for that info actually.

Let's see... I have so many interests and hobbies I think I'd break the Internet if I tried to mention them all. I'm an avid reader, a student, a player of good RPG's, a dreamer and an art appreciator. I like almost every recipe invented by Mankind and my musical tastes are the most ecletic possible, like a fruit salad.

I write a bit of everything but I'm currently interested on short stories :]
Last edited by Velvet on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:57 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Hey Velvet :) I'm The.Dreamwalker and as Boltageman has concurred prior about the levels of stature, I am a greeter. If there is anything you need to know, you can always PM me or my sister Incognito Temptation and we shall for surely help you out :).

Also, if I may be so bold as to say, another thing on YWS that we find...irritating is full caps. There is no need of them and they just become a nuisance. :).

But yes, welcome and enjoy your time here :D.

You know what? I make a correction. Dont PM Incognito. She's a little... shall we say... eccentric?

From dreams to reality,
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:14 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Velvet! Welcome to the big family of YWS! I'm Kat, nice to meet you :D
I'm a Greeter, as you see by the blue in my name and I'm here to my job ^^
It seems you have been very well advised, by Ryan above, but I would like to give you more advises. Shall I?
~ Don't be afraid to post your work. We don't bite (much). And also, don't take reviews too personally. Some can be harsh.
~ Be nice to everybody like. We are all nice here :D Like when somebody signs your guestbook, as I am about to now, reply to them.
~ No cursing outside the literature forums.
~Click on the big button at the top of the page that says 'groups' and scroll down. You'll find many user groups for almost everything. there you can meet people with the same likes as you and discuss anything related to that theme.
~ Check out the Resources (the button that says resources) and check it out. They have many thing interesting that will help you and answer any doubts.

Also, I'd like to explain our stars system. The stars system functions by the number of reviews you have. First comes the yellow one,s then red and then blue.

For Yellow Stars:
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 reviews = 5 Red Stars

What are you favs? Food/artist/song/movie/book/author?
What are your hobbies?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me! See you around ^^
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

5 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:40 pm
Velvet says...

Hello Dreamwalker! *excited wave* Nice meeting you.

Full caps, where? You made me go look in my posts to make sure I didn't use them. Rest assured I won't!

Eccentric, heh? Now you made me want to meet your sister even more :]

Hello Kat, nice meeting you as well! Oooh, that's some great advice, thank you very much.

I am not sure about favourites right now, so let's say I'm open to all kinds of influences...

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:33 pm
Bloo says...

Oh and here are two other things you might like to know,

1: According to the amount of posts you have you are given a different rank
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts (This gives a perk)
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

It goes higher than speaker, I'm a master, but I don;t know when I became that to tell you, I think it
was at 1000 though.

Also when you get to novelist, you get a custom title, that's where I have "I am the king of awesome, now dance for me puppets, dance"

And
2:
you can also right in different colors here to do so follow these instructions

put [color=red] put in your text then end with [/ color] and place the [/ and color] together, (I didn't because then my text would have been red.)

and to change the color you take where I put "red" in the beginning, then place the color you want from the "font color" which is right under Bold, italics and underline, (represented by B, i, u)and go to the thing that says default, scroll and there are the options.

when in guest books you can just click on the color, and the beginning and end of the thing I place above will show up for you.

Also you can change the font size, by doing the same thing above but like this

[size=18] put in some text then place [/ size]

And sub the 18 in to change to a different size.

And remember not to abuse this ability.

Now remember do not be afraid to post your works, so long as you have enough reviews and if your short on points, feel free to ask me for some, I have plenty (third richest in points on YWS)
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:34 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Velvet! Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! Hope you enjoy it here. :D

Hm, well it seems everyone beat me here, so I'll just say that you can join chat while your on here. Chat is not always open, but if it is it will be open on the main page. You can join it by clicking 'Join Group' in the chat box. It's pretty self-explanatory, so I'm sure you'll figure it out. ^^

If you have a question, would like a review, need a friend, or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

5 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:13 pm
Velvet says...

Hello Selene! Thank you for the nice welcoming, tips and friend offer ^^

Bolt, good to know all that (thank you for the offer, it's very kind of you). It seems I'm going novice with this post! *does puppet dance*

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn