z

Young Writers Society

Hi. Bonjour. Hola!

Reviews: 2
Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:56 am
MariaBernal says...

Hi, I'm Maria. As you can tell by the name.

I'm a humor fiction writer. Still trying to spread my wings there. I do some drama, but my characters tend to be gay in my dramas. Go figure.

I also write over at Fanfiction.com for the Camp Rock section [Jonas junkie] But that site angers me, so I am glad I found this site.

I'm trying to grow out of writing with non-orgional characters and setting, which is why I have branched away.

Anywho.

From what you have read above I may have come off as boring. Well, I'm a way out there person. I say: Yo, fer shiz, dude and other things like that way too often. I'm pretty crazy and well, swearing is a factor for me. I do it too much.

That's all I got to say right now.

Love, Maria.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:02 am
Bloo says...

Hi thereMaria (is there anything else you would loike to be called?)

I'm Ryan, but you can call me Bolt.

So here we have we have a few rules, but these are the biggest two
1. You should have a 2:1 ratio for reviewing and posted works. So if you want to post a story, make sure to review two things first
2. Also use proper grammar, capitalization and spelling, and no chat speak. (though ones like jk and lol are okay)

Also you might notice there are different colored names for people, well each color is for a different job.

Blue: This is for greeters, they are here to greet newbies like you.

Purple: They are Instructors, they are to help with writing, usually doing very in depth critics for writing

Light and dark green: These people are moderators/ junior mods, they are here to they are here to watch writing and post, to make sure they are okay, and to keep spamming away.

Red: these people are Administrators here to help the site run smoothly, and are like higher ranking mods.

Orange: this means they are retired Admins or mods

Some tips for writing are to also rate all your work, because more people are tempted to read it, and if they are below R, then they can be put on the front page.

And now that's that out of the way, tell me about yourself.
What do you like to do, listen to, eat, stuff like that.

Other than fan fiction what do you like to write, fantasy, romance, action, historical....

Oh and by the way, I can not stand the Jonas brothers, but I won't hold it against you for liking them.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:07 am
budding writer says...

hey maria. i'm budding writer here. call me bud.
glad you found this site now you can be part of this wonderful group of writers including myself (stands and cheers)

welcome anway. here are a few rules you need to know :
We have a 2:1 ratio that everybody talks about. This means that, for every one story or poem or whatever you post, you have to post two critiques for stories or poems or lyrics or something. This is so that everyone gets critiqued.

We like proper English. That is, we don't substitute "da" for "the," we don't say "im" for "I'm," we don't say "u" for "you," and we expect you to capitalize each word of every sentence in your regular posts. Typos can happen, but don't start talking like you're texting. We're crazy like that.

We like black text. You'll see a bunch of people with crazy colored fonts... but they're weird. Stick with black and I'll love you forever.

We want you to rate your story or poem. That way, it can show up on the front page and everybody can see it. ^_^ If you have an f-word in your story or it's particularly explicit, rate it R. It won't show up on the front page, but people will know what they're getting into.
YWS has two site administrators. One is of course Nate, and the other is Meshugenah.

YWS also has two moderator groups: those in Big Brother (dark green) are global moderators, while those who are in the Junior Moderators (light green) are moderators only in specific forums. Junior Moderators are split into crews, and you can see which crew moderates which forum underneath the description of the forum.

Additionally, there are also Instructors and Greeters. Instructors are those people who go above and beyond in reviewing, and you'll see them in purple around the site (the same color used to distinguish Roman Senators). Greeters, in light blue, are responsible for ensuring each new member gets a warm welcome.
Depending on how many posts you have made, your rank can change.
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

anotherpiece of advice from me , join a usergroup and you can get together and talk with others who like the same things as you do.

have fun and pm me if you need to ask or say something
buddy
## My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations ##

Reviews: 2
Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:20 am
MariaBernal says...

Bolt: You can call me Mia. Everyone seems to. I like to do a lot of stuff. Mexican food rocks my world.

I'm a humor writer. Its what I do. I had to put my witty sarcasm to use. I've tried tons of writing styles. My newest one begin that the reader is right along with the characters mental thoughts.

How can you not love the Jonas Brothers?

Well we all like different styles of music. I love everything. Band music over solo acts. Hawthorne Heights, Three Days Grace, that kind of stuff.

39 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:21 am
Bloo says...

We like proper English. That is, we don't substitute "da" for "the," we don't say "im" for "I'm," we don't say "u" for "you," and we expect you to capitalize each word of every sentence in your regular posts. Typos can happen, but don't start talking like you're texting. We're crazy like that.

Just pointing something out on there, you can still, use Yo, fer shiz, dude and other things like that, many people type the way they speak in real life, so those are fine if you talk that way.

also
We like black text. You'll see a bunch of people with crazy colored fonts... but they're weird. Stick with black and I'll love you forever.

Colored font rocks, use if you want to, but don't abuse it

yo do it you do this

put [color=red] put in your text then end with [/ color] I place the [/ and color] toghther, I didn't because then my text would have been red.

ato change the color you take where I put "red" in the beginning, then place the color you want from the "font color" which is right under Bold, italics and underline, and go to the thing that says default, scroll and there are the options.

when in guest books you can just click on the color, and the beginning and end of the thing I place above will show up for you
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

39 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:24 am
Bloo says...

Sorry for the double post.

MariaBernal wrote:Bolt: You can call me Mia. Everyone seems to. I like to do a lot of stuff. Mexican food rocks my world.

I'm a humor writer. Its what I do. I had to put my witty sarcasm to use. I've tried tons of writing styles. My newest one begin that the reader is right along with the characters mental thoughts.

How can you not love the Jonas Brothers?

Well we all like different styles of music. I love everything. Band music over solo acts. Hawthorne Heights, Three Days Grace, that kind of stuff.

Well I just don't like pop and boy bands that much, sound to generic, and all the same, to me.

I'm into rock and heavy metal, mostly hard rock, but all rock is cool

my favorite bands are "My chemical Romance"(rock) and "Nightwish" )heavy metal) but only the later Nightwish stuff, after the new singer came into play.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:26 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

JONAS BROTHERS!
Sorry about that, I just broke a rule! Correction: Jonas Brothers! Joe is really cute :P
Anyway, welcome to YWS dear! I'm Kat, nice to meet you.
it seems you have been very well advised by Ryan and Buddy.
Well, I'll give you just some more advises.
~ Click on the button at the top of this page that says 'Groups' and scroll down. You'll find many user groups, where you can meet people with the same likes as you and discuss anything related to that theme.
~ Be nice to everybody! We're all nice here :P When somebody, signs your guestbook, reply.
~ If you want to chat or hang out, check if the chat is open or go to The Lounge (pass your mouse on the button that says 'Community' and select Community forums. Scroll down and you'll find it. You can check the chat on the Home page or in your YWS).
~ I know you love cursing, but no cursing outside the Literature forum. Which I remind you to rate your work R, if it has swearing in it.
~ Don't take reviews too personally and don't be afraid to post your work. We won't bite (much).

Feel free to PM me if you need anything (the second button at the end of my post).
See you around!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:51 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS! I am Winter's Twelfth Night, but everyone calls me Winter.

All of the rules and things have been covered! So, I suppose I shall just welcome you to this lovely site!

Welcome!

And I will also ask you some very random questions:
What are your favorite bands/music groups besides the Jonas Brothers, if you have any?
What's your favorite season?
Do you play an instrument?
What's your favorite book of all time?
If you can't choose a favorite book, what are your top five?

Anyway, if you have any questions or want a review please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:57 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

boltageman wrote:

Colored font rocks, use if you want to, but don't abuse it

yo do it you do this

put [color=red] put in your text then end with [/ color] I place the [/ and color] toghther, I didn't because then my text would have been red.

ato change the color you take where I put "red" in the beginning, then place the color you want from the "font color" which is right under Bold, italics and underline, and go to the thing that says default, scroll and there are the options.

when in guest books you can just click on the color, and the beginning and end of the thing I place above will show up for you

Actually, no. It's been asked that members not post in coloured fonts, or only sign their name in colour. You can also put your signature in colour, as I have mine.

Anyways, YWS is one of the best places to get critiques, do some reviews and just hang out! Just get active, and you'll be intigrated in no time. ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:39 am
flytodreams says...

Hey there!
Welcome to YWS! :) I'm flytodreams...you may address me as Q. If you need reviews, just contact moi.
Enjoy.
Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

When you're being nice to your character, you're being bad to your book.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:56 pm
MagnusBane says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll soon be just as addicted as the rest of us!

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! Everyone here is pretty friendly and encouraging.

I can't wait to read some of your writing! I love humor fiction (as long as it's actually funny.) Pm me when you get some work posted. I'd love to give you a review!
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.
— Fabienne Fredrickson