thatguy says...

Whats the deal with points?

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:52 am
budding writer says...

well hey there :
the anser to your question is :

You get at least 10 points for every post or topic you create. After that, you get .2 points for each character in the post with a maximum of 50 points total.

Points are used to post in Storybooks (5 points), and to add new stories & poems (150 points each). It also costs 500 points to create a new storybook.

hope it answered what you had in mind
pm me if you have any more quetions i'll gladly answer them.

-buddy
## My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations ##

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:21 pm
Flux says...

EDIT:

No points are required to post in storybooks, however every storybook costs one-hundred points to create.

You can get up to 50 points per post.

You have to have 150 points to post a story of new topic.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:37 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS!

Please click here to find out about the YWS point system and other questions you may have. Make sure you go through everything carefully. It would be a good idea to go through the FAQs ands guides around the site incase you have any other questions.

You can always PM me.

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:12 am
thatguy says...

Hey, thanks alot guys!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:28 am
Bloo says...

Yeah the story book posting is free, and 100 to make one. I should know.

Also you get points from reviewing things, posting in the SB discussion threads, and going to the groups and posting there.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:36 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Even though you didn't ask for any rules, just point information, I feel like giving you the rundown of the main rules, as well as Groups, which bold touched on.

Rules:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own, a "Review" being at least three lines long. This helps spread the reviews around, plus people are willing to return the favour. ;) It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- No chat-speak please. Some abbreviations, like bold demonstrated, are alright. Those are term abbreviations such as lol, brb, POV, MC and so forth. Other then that, it's asked you use grammar, proper spelling and caps.

3- Rated works are what we like to see! If you rate your works, and they're not rated R, then they'll show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comment.s ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or adult content.

Groups can be found under the big Groups button in the header. They're a great place to meet people of the same interests. You can find one for just about everything, so poke around! You might make some new friends because of it. ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down.
— Proverb from Romania and Russia