z

Young Writers Society

Hello

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:07 am
brainychic212 says...

Hello, my name is Shella. I'm 15 years old. My passion is music but writing is something I do in my free time.

I heard about this site from a friend of mine who writes all the time.

My favorite genres to read and write are romance, fantasy, and science fiction.

Ummm, I'm not sure what else to say. I'm just ready to start reading others' stories.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:16 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Wow. This freind of yours sounds amazing. Gosh I would love to be her, I mean how great can she be. I'll bet she's like a genius of something. :wink: Anyway, I'll tell you some of the rules. I'm still kind of new here too, but you knew that haha.

1. no chatspeak!

2. try to hold of on the CAPS

3. Name colors.

Black- regular people like you and me

Blue- greeters

Green- moderators

Orange- retired members (used to be a moderator or greeter or something)

4. There is a 2:1 ratio. Two reviews for a single post you make.

That's pretty much all I can name for the moment. After all I'm still kind of new. See you around!

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:57 am
budding writer says...

hey shella. i'm buddy. or bud. whichver you prefer. anyway welcome to YWS. glad to have you here.

i'll just say someof the things white tiger forgot to say :

We want you to rate your story or poem. That way, it can show up on the front page and everybody can see it. ^_^ If you have an f-word in your story or it's particularly explicit, rate it R. It won't show up on the front page, but people will know what they're getting into.
YWS also has two moderator groups: those in Big Brother (dark green) are global moderators, while those who are in the Junior Moderators (light green) are moderators only in specific forums. Junior Moderators are split into crews, and you can see which crew moderates which forum underneath the description of the forum.

Additionally, there are also Instructors and Greeters. Instructors are those people who go above and beyond in reviewing, and you'll see them in purple around the site (the same color used to distinguish Roman Senators). Greeters, in light blue, are responsible for ensuring each new member gets a warm welcome.
Depending on how many posts you have made, your rank can change.
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

thts all i guess. pm me if you want. bud here signing off.

-buddy
ps:
i love to read and write romantic fiction as well as fantasy fiction.
## My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations ##

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:05 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Heya Shella! Welcome to the big family of YWS! I'm Kat, nice to meet you.
It seems you have been very well advised by the above users. As the rules have already been explained, I'll give you some advises.
~ When people sign your guestbook, reply to them. Not only because it's polite to do so, but also will help you make friends and helps the chat.
~If you want to chat and/or hang out, check if the Chat is open or hang in The Lounge.
~ Be nice to everybody! We all have the same (or almost the same) passion (writing, in most cases).
~ Don't take reviews too personally, some can be harsh, and don't be afraid to post your work. We won't bite (much).

That's all I've got, dear!
So, music ham? You'll find many people here that like music too. If you're in to lyrics, there's a section for that too in the Literature forum.

If you need anything, feel free to PM. See you around!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:16 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hey! I'm peanut... I just want you to know that I am here if you need anything; a question answered, a review, or someone to talk to!

Also, I wanted to say, you should check out the groups at the top... they are very fun! The ones I am in [if you care to know] are; Debate Group, Character Tea Party [strongly recommended], Character Development, the Novelists, and Elements of Plot. They are all very helpful and fun!

I hope you have as much fun here as everyone else [mostly me] ;). If anyone is mean to you, or posts a flame, do not be afraid to tell a moderator or administrator [but I do not think you will ever need to]!

Step into the world of your dreams.
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:25 am
brainychic212 says...

Thanks so much everyone for the welcome and for explaining the rules. So far, everybody seems pretty nice.

I look forward to posting something for you all to read and give feedback on.
"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment."
-Pride and Prejudice

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader—not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
-E.L. Doctorow

I sleep with reckless abandon!
— Link Neal