z

Young Writers Society

Hello !

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:54 pm
EthanAlwin says...

Hello old experienced people. I am worthless in your presence. But not for long!

I will soon be much more clever than all of you :twisted:

mwahahahaha

But I need your help. I need to know everything about everything.

Tell me. I have a lazer.

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:17 pm
wiccaryan says...

Welcome to the site, i just joined tonight, so we can learn together XD
"Your astonisingly irresistable, you know that?" - Nick Hobbes
From Witch - By Ryan Pendleton

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:40 am
thatguy says...

Score, we can all be noobs together

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:49 am
budding writer says...

helllo
and welcome ethan. i'll tell you the rules and mind it you got to follow it. here :

We have a 2:1 ratio that everybody talks about. This means that, for every one story or poem or whatever you post, you have to post two critiques for stories or poems or lyrics or something. This is so that everyone gets critiqued.

We like proper English. That is, we don't substitute "da" for "the," we don't say "im" for "I'm," we don't say "u" for "you," and we expect you to capitalize each word of every sentence in your regular posts. Typos can happen, but don't start talking like you're texting. We're crazy like that.

We like black text. You'll see a bunch of people with crazy colored fonts... but they're weird. Stick with black and I'll love you forever.

We want you to rate your story or poem. That way, it can show up on the front page and everybody can see it. ^_^ If you have an f-word in your story or it's particularly explicit, rate it R. It won't show up on the front page, but people will know what they're getting into.
YWS has two site administrators. One is of course Nate, and the other is Meshugenah.

YWS also has two moderator groups: those in Big Brother (dark green) are global moderators, while those who are in the Junior Moderators (light green) are moderators only in specific forums. Junior Moderators are split into crews, and you can see which crew moderates which forum underneath the description of the forum.

Additionally, there are also Instructors and Greeters. Instructors are those people who go above and beyond in reviewing, and you'll see them in purple around the site (the same color used to distinguish Roman Senators). Greeters, in light blue, are responsible for ensuring each new member gets a warm welcome.
Depending on how many posts you have made, your rank can change.
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

if you're wondering how to fit in trust me its very easy ,just follow this :
Groups, also called usergroups, are kind of like clubs within YWS. Each usergroup is focused around a particular subject and have their own private forum. Some of the ones we have right now is Kingdom of Evandor (roleplaying group), YWS Book Club, and Middangeard (LOTR). If you wish to join one, or view others, click on the "YWS Groups" link under Community at the top of the page. Browse through the usergroups that we have, click on one you think you may like, and then click "Join Group" when viewing that group's forum. Some groups require validation, so it may take a while.

once again welcome. pm me if you have questions or ask anyone you think you can ask except the new members ofcourse.
-buddy
## My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations ##

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:49 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, Budding Writer covered a good chunk of the rules. Just to let you know, however, if you rate your work, and it's not rated R, it'll show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

So, tell us a little more about yourself (yourselves?) Who are our favourite authors? What are some of your favourite books? What genres do you write in?

Personally, I'm a fantasy writer. I just love weaving all that magic into my world. Some of my favourite authors are Tamora Pierce, Shannon Hale and Zoe Merriott. Favourite books are just about anything by those authors. :P

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:56 pm
Bloo says...

Hi there velvet, is there anything else you like to be called?

I'm Ryan, but you can call me Bolt.

We like black text. You'll see a bunch of people with crazy colored fonts... but they're weird. Stick with black and I'll love you forever

No way colored font rocks, and it's not weird, just don't abuse it.

to do it follow this

put [color=red] put in your text then end with [/ color] and place the [/ and color] together, (I didn't because then my text would have been red.)

and to change the color you take where I put "red" in the beginning, then place the color you want from the "font color" which is right under Bold, italics and underline, (represented by B, i, u)and go to the thing that says default, scroll and there are the options.

when in guest books you can just click on the color, and the beginning and end of the thing I place above will show up for you.

Also you can change the font size, by doing the same thing above but like this

[size=18] put in some text then place [/ size]

And sub the 18 in to change to a different size.

And remember not to abuse this ability

Also you might notice there are different colored names for people, well each color is for a different job.

Blue: This is for greeters, they are here to greet newbies like you.

Purple: They are Instructors, they are to help with writing, usually doing very in depth critics for writing

Light and dark green: These people are moderators/ junior mods, they are here to they are here to watch writing and post, to make sure they are okay, and to keep spamming away.

Red: these people are Administrators here to help the site run smoothly, and are like higher ranking mods.

Orange: this means they are retired Admins or mods

Some tips for writing are to also rate all your work, because more people are tempted to read it, and if they are below R, then they can be put on the front page

Also, I'd like to explain our stars system. The stars system functions by the number of reviews you have. First comes the yellow one,s then red and then blue.

For Yellow Stars:
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 reviews = 5 Red Stars

And if you ever need points to post something, don't be afraid to ask me for some, I got tons to waste.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:01 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey =]

Welcome to YWS!

Hope you have a great time here :)

So...what sort of things do you like to write? Poetry, fantasy, action?

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality