z

Young Writers Society

Hey everyone!

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:09 pm
wiccaryan says...

Hey everyone, i'm a newbie (obviously if i'm posting here)

My name is Ryan and i love writing.

Its quite fortunate that i should stumble upon this group, i was looking for a website where i could submit my work and get it reviewed etc. and Voila, i found a website where i can not only submit my work but is also for young writers.

I write all sorts, from fantasy to romance, to sci-fi to thriller, wherever the mood takes me.
Currently i am working on a novel called "Witch" which is fantasy romance, and i am DYING to get all your opinions.

feel free to pm and make friends, i love making friends etc.

I look forward to reading all your work, and hearing back from you on my work.

See ya Later xxx

Rye
Last edited by wiccaryan on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:21 pm
chasingcolts21 says...

Hello, Ryan, guess what? I'm Ryan too *high fives* I'm usually called Colt, though. :P

Welcome to YWS, the Land of the Writing Gods. Hehe.

-Keep the 2:1 review ratio. This means you have to review two things before you can post your own, whether it's a story or a poem. Posting a story or a poem costs 150 points. A storybook costs 500 to start one, and zero to post in one. It makes sure that everyone gets a review, and keeps balance.

-Write using proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization. This is a writing website, and we stray from using chat/net/1337speak. It helps to avoid misunderstandings, but I see you have this down pretty well already.

-Rate your works properly! If you do rate your works, they'll show up on the front page for everyone to see. The exception is R-rated works, of course. If your work contains the f-word or graphic scenes, then you must rate it R. Please do so, as we do have young writers here.

Ranks
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

Additionally, when you do become a Novelist, you receive the ability to have a custom title. It will be bolded, located below your username and above your avatar.

What genre do you write and read? What movies do you like? What about music? Have you been published yet? Anything you want to add? Are you Wiccan?

Feel free to PM me if you need anything, anything at all. See ya, have fun around the site!
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:37 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Hi Ryan,
Welcome to YWS! Hope you like it here. Are you far into the novel? "Chapter after chapter" by Heather Sellers is very good if you get stuck.

Jas
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:47 pm
wiccaryan says...

I'm six chapters in, and i wrote the opening paragraph of chapter 7 this morning, thank you for your suggestion.

98 Reviews

Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:24 pm
chasingcolts21 says...

wiccaryan wrote:I'm six chapters in, and i wrote the opening paragraph of chapter 7 this morning, thank you for your suggestion.

That's great! I just started my fourth novel yesterday. :P
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

98 Reviews

Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:02 am
budding writer says...

hey bud here.
everyone already said everything just to welcome you and hopeyou have fun in this large group of lovely writers.

pm me if you want to say something. and see you around. let me know if you need someone to reveiw your work for you.

signing off
buddy
## My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations ##

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:00 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Welcome! I'm The.Dreamwalker and if you have any questions, feel free to ask :D
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:06 pm
smaur says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS. : ) Sounds like you will fit in here pretty well. Also, yay for people who write science fiction! There are definitely not enough in the universe. If you ever need anything critiqued, send me a PM or drop a comment here.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:58 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

A guy who writes fantasy romance? This is new. I just love that genre though. So many character and plot tensions to be had. Is your style darker or lighter? I personally tend to have darker tones, but that's just because I love to torture my characters. :P

Your novel sounds really interesting. Can you give us a little more of it? Or, maybe post a summery in Writer's Corner if you want opinions. That's probably the best place to post if you want lots of opinions. ^_^

Tell us a bit more about yourself! Who are your favourite authors? What are your favourite books?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:41 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Ryan, nice to meet you! ^_^

Fantasy and sci-fi are what I like to write, but I can't seem to get it right. Just some weird thing with me. And anyway, it's great to see that you're writing a novel. I have so much going on in my life and so many ideas that I can't keep track of them. I haven't seen that many males write fantasy romance, like Rosey said.

Anyway, feel free to PM me for anything you need. I hope to see you around soon. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

The words you speak become the house you live in.
— Hafiz