z

Young Writers Society

Sup, fellow Writers? Newbie here. xDD

Reviews: 1
Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:58 pm
Neko-samaXIII says...

Salutations! :D

As the title implies, I'm totally new to the whole 'Young Writers Society' scene.

Hee hee, my real name is serious top secret info, so, I suppose you all can call me Neko for now. :wink:

I'm a gal of many interests, the biggest of them being writing/reading. I'm a fan of all but sci-fi and westerns, although, romance and horror is what I usually gravitate around.

Um, what else?

Haha, I'm not very good at telling people about myself. :oops:

Well, in closeing, I love makeing new friends and helping people out. So, if you need me to look at something, or just wanna say 'Hi' go on ahead, I'd love to meet you all! :D
"No matter how we close our eyes, theres a whole world out there bigger then ourselves and our dreams..." ~ Edward Elric

"Shut up and walk, dear." ~ Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:06 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Hiya Neko!

Welcome to YWS!!!! :D

There are some Rules

:arrow: No chatspeak or all capitals.

:arrow: No swearing and keep your posts clean. (You can swear in stories but make sure to rate it)

:arrow: Rate your work accordingly to your work.

:arrow: For every post (Stories, poems, etc.) you must do two reviews. That way more people would want to review your story as well! :wink:

That's all for the rules so now for the Colors! :D

I bet you've seen some members with colored names. Meembers with the colors have jobs. Now I'll explain what they all are.

:arrow: Black, regular members. Like you and me. :wink:

:arrow: Blue, Greeters, they greet the newbies and answer questions, etc... (They'll be coming soon!)

:arrow: Purple, Instructors, they give some of the best reviews here on YWS. They really help you on what you need to work on and improves your writing.

:arrow: Dark Green, Moderators. They make sure everything is in the right place, etc...

:arrow: Light Green, Junior Moderators. They do the same as Moderators just in a specific forum.

:arrow: Orange, Distinguished Members. Retired moderators or special members.

:arrow: Red, Site Admins. They keep YWS up and running.

That's all for the colors! :D Now for the Groups!

There are many groups. They are groups for everything, for people who enjoy the same things, anything. It is right in the middle of the resources and writing icons at the top. If you want to make a new group then you must get five people to join before you can. Enjoy yourself in these groups!

Now the Chat!

Its on the home screen around the bottom left. This tells you if the chat is open and who's on it. You can talk to other members and just chat away. (Note: there are rules so please read them before you enter the chat) You can even do a private chat with a specific person on it!

And the Blogs!

You can even create a blog on YWS! It has everything, I know. There is a blog icon on the top of the page and go to blog control panel to set up your very own blog. It is very fun if you enjoy stuff like that! To visit your blog go to the icon and go to My Blog. Have fun with that.

Some other tips and tidbits:

:arrow: If someone signs in your guestbook you should return the favor.

:arrow: Don't be too mean in reviews! Say nice things too!

:arrow: When you get a review don't take it too seriously. It's all to help your writing. :D

And that's it. :D

So, some things about you:

Favorite book?

Movie?

Show?

Dream place to live?

Place you most want to visit?

Favorite Genre's to read and write?

Well, please feel free to PM me whenever the need or urge come to mind. I'll be happy to do a review, comment on your work, or just help you adjust. :D Have a great time!

I'll see ya around in some of the forums.
~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:18 pm
Emerson says...

Wow, well, Storm did a darn good job there so I suppose I'll just stick with the small stuff.

Hullo and welcome to the YWS! Great to meet you. You say you prefer Romance and horror? Any mingling of the two? Sounds like a great combination to me! I'll have to be sure and watch out for some of your posted works.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Are you new to writing or have you been doing it for a few years now? Just some simply questions from me. ^_~ Feel free to bother me if you have questions of your own! Hope you enjoy the site!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:20 pm
sofi says...

Hi Neko! :D

Welcome to YWS! It's always nice to have new additions!

I hope you love it here, which I'm sure you will! Have a good look around there are all sorts of things to look at and discussions to join. There are loads of groups too and undoubtably some for Romance and Horror genres. I've tried writing horror a few times but I scared myself :( haha I think I'm a bit too easily scared.

Do you have a favourite book? Any other hobbies?

Please feel free to PM me with any questions or if you want a critique (although I'm going to have to ask you to stick with romance on this one :wink:) or just anything at all really!

Great to have you here, see you around!

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:25 pm
chasingcolts21 says...

Hello Neko, I'm Ryan, or Colt. Or Chasingcolts. Whichever.

Welcome to YWS, the Land of the Writing Gods. Hehe.

-Keep the 2:1 review ratio. This means you have to review two things before you can post your own, whether it's a story or a poem. Posting a story or a poem costs 150 points. A storybook costs 500 to start one, and zero to post in one. It makes sure that everyone gets a review, and keeps balance.

-Write using proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization. This is a writing website, and we stray from using chatspeak. It helps to avoid misunderstandings, but I see you have this down pretty well already.

-Rate your works properly! If you do rate your works, they'll show up on the front page for everyone to see. The exception is R-rated works, of course. If your work contains the f-word or graphic scenes, then you must rate it R. Please do so, as we do have young writers here.

Ranks
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

Additionally, when you do become a Novelist, you receive the ability to have a custom title. It will be bolded, located below your username and above your avatar.

What genre do you write and read? What movies do you like? What about music? Have you been published yet? Anything you want to add?

Feel free to PM me if you need anything, anything at all. See ya, have fun around the site!
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:35 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Hi Neko, welcome to YWS! Hope you find the site useful and enjoyable.

Jas
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

Reviews: 1
Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:01 am
Neko-samaXIII says...

Thank you all for the warm welcome/advice! :D Um, to answer the questions...

I have tons of favorite books. I just finished a quite long one by Stephen King (The Stand), and it was just made of awesome...I suppose anything by him, Twilight (Team Edward!) and Maximum Ride are the first ones that come to mind.

Same with movies, V For Vendetta is probably the most interesting one I've ever seen though.

Ugh, I don't watch much T.V...but I am an anime fan so I'll have to say Fullmetal Alchemist.

Haha, I'd love to live in Europe! :lol: Or France! some place like that.

I'd like to just pop in and take a look around Australia...don't really know why.

Hmm, that's a good idea Suzanne. I'm gonna have to toy around with that!

I love all the authors who's books I have listed. :)

I've been writing since fourth grade I think. We had this free writing thing and I totally went to town on it. :D I've been writing ever since.

I also draw (anime...go figure), and am quite the little actress when need be.

Hope I got everything. :D

Yours,
Neko
"No matter how we close our eyes, theres a whole world out there bigger then ourselves and our dreams..." ~ Edward Elric

"Shut up and walk, dear." ~ Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:54 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Well, the rules have been covered nicely. I would like to direct your attention to the Resources tab in the header, though. Hover your mouse over it and then click the Knowledge Base option. That place has tons of articles on just about everything. It's a great place to poke around if you have a couple hours to kill. :P

It's nice that school got you into writing. My school had a lot of free time, so I ended up spending most of my time writing. It was really fun and even though it took me awhile to get back into writing, I am now doing almost pure fantasy. Oh yeah. 8) Fantasy ftw.

We have a forum for art and photography. Just look under the Fiction forums and you'll find it. A very nice place to post your work. ^_^

Well, that is my ramblings for the day. I hope you enjoy your time on YWS!

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:44 am
budding writer says...

hey and welcome to YWS. hope you enjoy it here. i'm budding writer . please call me buddy or bud. i love writing romance and fantasy fiction and i'm intrested in horror though it gives me he creeps, i like twilight too. and i also like harry potters books(like..am i kidding i love them} .

what type of music do you listen to ? i love pop and if i am in the mood rap suitsme.

pm me sometimes so we can get together and talk.
-buddy
## My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations ##

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:08 pm
Bloo says...

Hello I'm Bolt, we've meet already though, I'm sorry for Jack's, Emily's and Nick's behavior.

My real name is Ryan, and to expand on the post thing you can go higher than speaker, I think at around 1000 you become master, and 5,000 and Epic novelist.

Also you can write in different colors and sizes, to do so (out of guest books signings) do this

put [color=red] put in your text then end with [/ color] and place the [/ and color] together, (I didn't because then my text would have been red.)

and to change the color you take where I put "red" in the beginning, then place the color you want from the "font color" which is right under Bold, italics and underline, (represented by B, i, u)and go to the thing that says default, scroll and there are the options.

when in guest books you can just click on the color, and the beginning and end of the thing I place above will show up for you.

Also you can change the font size, by doing the same thing above but like this

[size=18] put in some text then place [/ size]

And sub the 18 in to change to a different size.

And remember not to abuse this ability.

Now remember do not be afraid to post your works, so long as you have enough reviews and if your short on points, feel free to ask me for some, I have plenty (third richest in points on YWS)
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
— Mark Twain