z

Young Writers Society

Hi

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:06 am
BloodStainedWhite says...

Howzit going I was looking for a site where I could do some writing and maybe check out some others so if anyone is keen to read my stuff I'd be most grateful and if you think you're particularly talented, tell me about it so I can read your stuff

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:21 am
Mars says...

Hey, welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll find plenty to read and plenty of reviews. :)

First thing, if you haven't already, you should definitely check out the Rules.

So, what do you like to write? What do you like to read? Favorite authors, movies, music, hobby, animal, color, food, etc? (Yes, we're nosy). ^^

PM me if you need help, or a review, or just someone to talk to! ^^
-Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:07 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Blood! Mind if I call you that? I'm too lazy to type the rest ^^
I'm Kat, nice to meet you.
I would like to explain to you our rainbow.

Black - people like us, normal writers with no definite job.

Blue - Greeters. They welcome the newbies and help them through the beginning.

Purple - Instructors. They give the most constructive and detailed reviews and answer questions you might have. Like Mars above, that did a good job by redirecting you to the Rules.

Light Green/ Dark Green - Junior Moderators and Mods. They make sure the others above make their job properly and control the correct use of language and so.

Red - Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

Orange - Distinguished members. They're basically retired Mods and Adms.

So tell us more about yourself! What do you like?

If you need anything Just PM!
See you around :D
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:38 am
Bloo says...

Hi Blood, I'm Ryan, but you can call me Bolt.

guess you got the basic stuff covered already.

So yeah what do you like to do (I fell like an idiot repeating that)

How did you find YWS, friend, google, other...
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:25 am
budding writer says...

hey newbie,
welcome to this writing site. i'm budding riter call me buddy or bud if you prefer. say something about yourself and please not the obivous like i love to write because thtas what we joined here for in the first place. i like writing and reading romantic and fantasy fiction. oh yeah, if you need someone to critque your work with constructive critism call upon me.

some more rules from me :
We have a 2:1 ratio that everybody talks about. This means that, for every one story or poem or whatever you post, you have to post two critiques for stories or poems or lyrics or something. This is so that everyone gets critiqued.

We like proper English. That is, we don't substitute "da" for "the," we don't say "im" for "I'm," we don't say "u" for "you," and we expect you to capitalize each word of every sentence in your regular posts. Typos can happen, but don't start talking like you're texting. We're crazy like that.

We like black text. You'll see a bunch of people with crazy colored fonts... but they're weird. Stick with black and I'll love you forever.

We want you to rate your story or poem. That way, it can show up on the front page and everybody can see it. ^_^ If you have an f-word in your story or it's particularly explicit, rate it R. It won't show up on the front page, but people will know what they're getting into.

Depending on how many posts you have made, your rank can change.
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

see you around sometime. and pm me if you need to say something or ask about something.
-buddy
## My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations ##

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:52 pm
sofi says...

Hello!

I guess everyone else covered all the rule-type stuff :D it makes us sound a bit crazy really, but we aren't that bad.

Anyway, I'll just say welcome to YWS!

What kind of genres do you like to write? Or none in particular?

Let me know if you ever want a review of anything and I'd be happy to (although I'm not so good when it comes to things like fantasy fiction and horror haha, just general fiction is more my niche) :D

Hope you like it here!
See you around!

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:44 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

Nobody has told you about the usergroups yet! I'll fix that.

Alright, so the usergroups can be found by clicking the big button on top of the screen that says "groups". There you will find a long list of groups that you can join! These groups each have a specific theme. For example, there is a Twilight group called Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move (there is also an anti-Twilight group called the Twilight Disposal Squad), there's a group for novelists, character development, plot development, debating, and all sorts of things. I'm sure you'll find a few that interest you!

If you have any questions or need a review, please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:05 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey =]

Welcome to YWS!

I'm sure you'll find some great stories to read as there are a lot of talented writers here on YWS :)

So...what do you like to write?

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:50 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

One place to go if you want help for your writing is the Knowledge Base. Hover over Resources in the header and then click on the Knowledge Base option. You'll find tons of articles there on everything. Great place to look around in.

Also, there is a subforum in The Lounge called Will Review for Food. There you'll find a bunch of people with threads you can request things in. However, only post in about three threads at a time. It gets frustrating to critics when lots of reviews are on a piece. Please only post in two or three threads at a time. No more then five.

Questions? PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:37 pm
MagnusBane says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS! Don't hesitate to ask questions if you get confused. Everyone here is pretty friendly, and we all love to help people improve their stories!

I can't wait to read some of your writing! See you around the site!
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart