z

Young Writers Society

New. Le duh.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:19 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Izzy, welcome to the wonderfully wacky world of YWS! :D

I love your taste in literature, because those are all excellent books you've mentioned. Philip Pullman has an interesting idea on life in his books and I like to see that older minds can appreciate his work, because I think that's what the audience of His Dark Materials was meant for.

As for your question, I'm not so active in the Art and Photography forum, but I believe that it costs nothing to post a picture, but as long as you're submitting your work, it will cost 150 points. It will not cost points for individual pictures but rather for the post as a whole. You can post as any pictures as you like, but be reasonable. Also, make sure your pictures aren't too large, or it will take forever for other members to load the page and review your work.

After you have reviewed two pieces of work, you may post whatever you wish to post, whether it be a picture, story or poem. It doesn't have to be a picture.

If you have any more questions, would like a review, or want to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:49 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Hmm, I am a bit slow, since Ryan's post was made like a week ago.

It costs you 150 every time you post something new, outside of storybooks. Storybooks only cost 100 points to post, but you don't get any points back like you do in other forums. If you post a long enough thread, then you'll get the 50 points back. ;)

However, please don't go overboard when posting your works. About ten pictures in one shot are good, and it's asked you post story segments in 1,500 word parts. A little more is okay, just don't go nuts with length. ^_^

I would be a fantasy writer too. Feel free to bug me about fantasy questions. Or just post in Writing Tips and I should get to you soon. :P

If you need anything, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author