z

Young Writers Society

Your newly acquired member

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:05 pm
Masala says...

Hello everyone, I'm Masala, but you can call me Liz and I just joined. So to introduce myself, I live in the US; Oregon more specifically. I attend college, (at least for another two months until I enter the scary real world). I love writing so I was very excited to have found this forum. I used to write fanfiction and I miss the community of it.

I have several projects I'm working on now that range in topic, from a Romance novel, to a young adult fantasy trilogy to some newly written poetry. I can't wait to review other's stories and poems, as well to start to get to know people.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:20 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey Liz! Welcome to the big family of YWS! I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^^
Here, we have three simple rules.
1. We have a 2:1 policy. That means that for every work you post, you should do two reviews. Posts on Community forums or the Groups, don't count.
2. Avoid chat-speak and keep capitalizing to a minimal. Words like lol, MC, etc are allowed. We are all writers, so use proper grammar.
3. Rate your work. Rated works will appear on the Home page, but works rated R won't. Rate your work R, if it contains adult themes or/and rough language.

And that's about it!
But I'll also explain our 'rainbow0 to you too.

Black: The normal users.

Blue: Greeters. Their job is to welcome the newbies.

Purple: Instructors. They give the most constructive reviews and will answer your questions.

Light Green/Dark Green: Junior Moderators and Moderators. Their job is to control the users, for the use of proper language, and to avoid the propaganda.

Red: Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

Orange: Distinguished members. They're basically retired Mods and Adms.

See you around and if you need anything just PM me!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:39 pm
WaterVyper says...

Welcome to YWS, Liz! Kat has already gone over most of what there is to say, so I won't repeat. Now, time to get down to the next part. Here on YWS, we have a bunch of usergroups for people who share interests. There's one for Narnia, one about anime/manga, one for novelists, one for complete and utter randomness, and many more. They're found under the Groups button at the top.

And then, there are blogs. You can find a button for Blogs also in the header, near the right side. If you hover above it, you'll be able to start your own blog. It's a great way to connect with people here on YWS.

Now that those two are out of the way, I can get started. Now, twll us more about yourself. What are your hobbies? What do you like to read? Who do you like to read? Which one of your projects are you working on now? What is college life like? What do you want to accomplish? Anything else you want to include?

Well, feel free to PM me if you need anything. I hope to see you sometime soon. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

7 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:22 pm
Masala says...

So, more information? For enjoyment I mostly read romance fiction, Suzanne Brockmann is one of my favorite authors. I've read the more popular fantasy series, i.e. Harry Potter and Twilight and the not so mainstream, Sweep series all of which I love. Older literature that I have to read for classes and such aren't as interesting but my favorite book ever is Pride and Prejudice. I'm a hopeless romantic.

Beyond writing I love dancing. My grandmother is a belly dance teacher and so I've followed in her footsteps but also adding in other kinds of dance.

I have a major obsession with India. I got to go volunteer there in the fall and I miss it a lot. Hopefully I'll get to write about my experiences some day.

College life isn't that great, or maybe I'm just saying that because I'm at the end and now have no where to go. Getting a job is not appealing. :) But I do love school. I'm an English major so I spend most of my time reading which really limits my time for writing but I'm going to start making an effort to really write which is one of the reasons I joined this site along with belonging to a community.

I guess I've always been around books. My parents own tons of books, I'm an English major, like I said. And I work at my schools library.

I want to get my romance novel I'm been working on for a few years now finished and published. I've been sidetracked though with other work and my other projects so we'll see what gets done.

That's all I can think of for now.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:22 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

**gasp** I love Pride and Prejudice! So far, anywayz...Hehe, I just borrowed it from the library yesterday!

You'll find a lot of other dancers around this website too. I'm pretty sure there's a thread for dancers somewhere in the forums. What kind of dances do you do? Other than belly dancing, I mean.

Major obsession with India?! I love that country! I was born in Singapore, but I've spent a lot of my life in India. I've been there for more than six years. Where have you been? Did you visit any famous monuments? The Taj Mahal? I haven't been there yet...XD. Can you speak any Indian languages? [/rant] XD

Oh, and one more thing you should know about YWS is our points system. Each review has to be at least three lines, and you can get a maximum of fifty points out of each one. You can also gain points by posting in certain forums, like this one. Each piece you post takes 150 points normally. You can also post in the advanced critiques forum which takes 500 points.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk!

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:45 pm
Masala says...

fluteluvr77<3, you'll love P&P. Have you seen any of the movie versions? I specify many because there are several, the best being of course the 1995 BBC version with Colin Firth. I recommend it if you haven't already seen it.

As far as India goes I spent most of my time in Rajasthan. I saw lots of forts, Amber fort and such. And yes I did see the Taj Mahal. It is beautiful! I know a little Hindi, but plan on continuing my studies in Hindi and other Indian languages. Really my obsession with India and Hindi started with Bollywood and has grown from there.

Dancing, I've taken, Tap, Jazz, Modern, Ballroom and one lesson in West Coast Swing. I like the roundness and each class and it adds to my skill.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy