z

Young Writers Society

Hello there

Reviews: 2
Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:24 am
stormyoceanfury says...

Hello there, I'm Maddy. Obviously I'm new, bet you couldn't have guessed.
I'm fifteen and live in the most boring United States. That shall change when I get a job and can move.
UK here I come. :roll:

I love writing. :shock:
I suppose that would explain why I joined this site, other than the fact that my friend recommended me.

I am currently writing a novel (chapter 30), and write short stories on my spare time, as well as songs that randomly pop into my head.

I also play soccer and sing on my spare time.

Anywho, just thought I would pop by and say hello.
*prances off to reveiw other work*

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:27 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Hello Stormyoceanfury. I am also Storm. :D

Welcome to the site! It is awesome and I'm sure you'll love it! There are some rules:

1. No chatspeak and all capitals. I mean, come on! We're writers! Represent! :D
2. For every story post you must review two other posts. This will be shown on your review count right under your name.
3. No swearing and keep your posts clean. In stories you can swear but make sure to rate it.
4. Rate your work. Make sure it is correctly rated because there is some younger people on this site.

That's all the rules! Now for the colors.
Each color named member has a job. I'll explain.

Black: Regulars like you and me. We don't have a specific job.

Blue: Greeters, they hover around the welcome forum and welcome, answer questions, and etc, for all things newbie.

Purple: Instructors, they give awesome reviews that really help your writing.

Red: Site Admins. They keep the site up and running.

Orange: Distinguished members. They are retired moderators and special members.

Dark Green: Moderators, they make sure everything is in the right place and that posts are clean.

Light green: Junior Moderators. They do the same as moderators just in a specific forum.

That's all for the colors!!!!! :D
Now, once you are on YWS you can apply to be a Greeter or Instructor. Hopefully this will encourage you to do certain things.

Now for the:
Groups!

There are many groups. They are groups for everything, for people who enjoy the same things, anything. It is right in the middle of the resources and writing icons at the top. If you want to make a new group then you must get five people to join before you can. Enjoy yourself in these groups!

And the Blogs!

You can even create a blog on YWS! It has everything, I know. There is a blog icon on the top of the page and go to blog control panel to set up your very own blog. It is very fun if you enjoy stuff like that! To visit your blog go to the icon and go to My Blog. Have fun with that. :D

There is also the Chat!

Its on the home screen around the bottom left. This tells you if the chat is open and who's on it. You can talk to other members and just chat away. (Note: there are rules so please read them before you enter the chat) You can even do a private chat with a specific person on it!

Anyways enough about YWS. More about you.

I love your avatar!!!! It is totally awesome and cute! The lion is so cute.

You play soccer? So do I! What position do you play or like to play?

Wow. 30 chapters!?!?! Wow... I could never write that much.

UK is a popular place for Americans to go. I noticed a lot of people want to go there. Even I would love to visit there.

Sooo; here are some of my questions to you:
1. Do you play any instruments?
2. What genre do you write?
3. What genre do you read?
4. What's your favorite movie?
5. What's you favorite book?
7. Are you random?
8. Do you like cartoon dinosaurs?
9. Lalala... Oh. Was I supposed to write a question?

Anyways Welcome to YWS!!!!!

Feel free to PM me if you need anything, want a review, want to chat, or have any questions. I'll be happy to help! I hope you enjoy YWS.

I'll see you around!
~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:42 am
stormyoceanfury says...

Thanks for the welcome Storm :) -coughstormcough- xDD It seems I'm no longer creative.
Gah. That's a lot of info, though I think I've seen some of it.

Ha. That's my avvie for every site I'm a member of.
Same comments :)
But yes, it's adorable, no??

Yup, I play anything in soccer, but mostly offense or wing. I'm captain :) What about you??

Thirty chapters of utter awesomness. *not conceited*
Actually, I've got a lot of work left to do.

I think we want to visit there because it's in all of the books we read. Well, that applies to me anywho. It just seems like a magical place.

And now for your questions (some of which made me laugh):
1. Well, I used to play the piano. I still can, but not nearly as well. Now I just sing.
2. Mostly fantasy, some romance.
3. " " The same thing xD
4. I suppose my favorite movie is The Dark Knight. It changes like every week though.
5. My favorite books are the Harry Potter series, The Lord of the Rings Series, The Choronicles of Narnia, and the Prophecy of the Stones.
6. Really random ^^. *points* Hey look! An alien ship!!
7. Hmm. What kind of cartoon dinosaur??
8. Dunno, were you supposed to ask something??
Your numbering just threw me off. I sat here for like a minute trying to figure out what number I was missing :O

Thanks for the warm welcome!!
-Stormy (I'll go by that xD)

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:55 am
Shauni says...

Wow.. Storm explain you everything, so I will just introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Shauni! :D

Welcome to our always growing family The Ol'YWS! I hope you can keep up with the rules (pretty sure you will, they are very simple) or someone may rip your head off (probably some moderator...)! :D I'm just being abnormal, no one you will ever do tha6t to you.

You write novels? Cool... There is a group for Novelists. It's call "Novelists". Check out the Group Area and see if you can find something that you like.
Soccer plus me equals to big disaster :o I don't do well with sports.

I have to go now, what a terrible post. I'm in a really hurry.
Hope to see you around.

Best wishes

~Shauni

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:48 am
WaterVyper says...

*blink* *double blink* Wow, Stormy really got everything. Anyway, welcome to YWS Maddy! I'm currently attempting to write a novel, and I think it's cool that you're already in chapter 30. The most chapters that I've ever done is... four...

Moving on, it's great that you play soccer. Like Shauni, anything involving sports will end in disaster. I kicked my teacher in the groin once. And also broke his watch... nearly made his phone fall out... and smacked him in the gut. So you see, I try to stay away from sports.

Now that everything's done, and all questions are asked, I guess that it's time to say goodbye. If you ever need anything, you can PM me. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:02 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Heya Storm! May I call you that? I'm Kat, nice to meet you. It seems you have been well advised! Then I'll just welcome you ^^
I also like the Harry Potter books, and for that I will advise you to go to the Groups (click on the button at the top of the page that says 'Groups'), scroll down and you'll find a group called "Hogwarts Express". That's for Harry Potter fans. I also like The Chronicles of Narnia and there's also a group for that. It's called "For Narnia!".
Here's a question for you!
Some of the books of these collections have been put to movies. What do you think? Do they equal the books?

See you around! If you need anything just PM me!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:27 pm
stormyoceanfury says...

Wow.
Thanks for welcoming me guys :)

Kat, you can call me Storm :) I like it. I might have to go look at some of those groups. People like me!! Anywho, for your question: I don't think that the Narnia movies fully lived up to the books, but I was not left disappointed. The same goes for Lord of the Rings, but since they put a lot of time into their movies, I got a lot more detail out of them. The Harry Potter movies have been good, but do not live up to my full expectation. Yates totally diminished the movies' quality.

Vyper and Shauni, I love how you just put out there that you fail at soccer, it's alright, it's a tough sport. I feel bad for you Vyper and your teacher :)

Thanks again :)

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:47 am
chasingcolts21 says...

Zomg, Maddy, you joined! You are the most amazing friend of mine, first to join! o.O

Welcome to YWS, doesn't it rule! I luff it. June needs to get over here and met you.

You pwn, Maddy!

You see, Maddy is my amazing friend, you see, YWSers, and I invited her, and then she came. She pwns!

*Sorry, everyone took all the good stuff to say*
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:25 am
stormyoceanfury says...

Naww.
You telling me I pwned over and over again made your post pretty awesome.

Yes! I came!
I really like it too.
Thanks for telling me about it.

:P
You pwn too.

You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot stop Spring from coming.
— Pablo Neruda