z

Young Writers Society

welcome me! or no cookies for you!

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 pm
Keirae says...

Hi.
I'm Lyndsey, I'm 16 and i've been a writer for quite some time. two books finished, one of such is lost T.T, none published yet and i'm working on a new book now!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:33 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Since you are a new member, I shall tell you the main rules of the site. Don't worry, there are only three:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own, a "review" being at least three lines long. The bonus is, the more you can point out, be it positive or negative, the better your own writing gets. People are also very willing to return reviews. ^_^ It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- No chat-speak. That means proper spelling and caps, along with legible grammar. It doesn't need to be perfect, just make sure you have some. Some abbreviations like lol, brb, POV, MC and other term abbreviations are fine though.

3- Please rate your works! Rated works, unless rated R, show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Wow! Three books finished? That's amazing. I haven't even finished one yet. :lol: What genre are they?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:26 am
Storm_Bringer says...

hey. Welcome to YWS!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much. (I see you've already gotten the gist of our "cookie" theme going on.) :D

Okay Rosey explained the rules so I'll explain the colors.
Each color means that that member has a specific job.

Black: Regulars (like you and me) We don't have a job.

Blue: Greeters, they hoard the welcome forum and help new members. Like Rosey.

Purple: Instructors. They give out some of the best reviews. It helps a lot to get a review from one of them.

Greens: Light greens, junior moderators. They are in charge of a specific forum and do the same as the moderators for that forum. Moderators (dark green) make sure posts are in the right place, posts are clean, etc...

Red: Site Admin. They help YWS stay up and running.

Orange: Distinguished members. Retired mods. or special members.

That's all for the colors. Hope this helps. If you need anything just PM me. I'd be happy to help.
So whats your favorite:
Genre to write?
Genre to read?
Favorite book?
Favorite music?
Random stuff about you?
Welcome to YWS!!!!
~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:27 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Lyndsey and welcome to YWS! It's a beautiful day here to greet someone, and... yeah, that's what I'll do. Since Rosey and Stormy already covered the rules and colors, I guess I can do the groups.

Here on YWS, we have a bunch of usergroups that you can join. They are made for people who share similar interests, so you can chat with people who like what you do. Just click the Groups button at the top of the page, between Writing and Resources. You can go look for one you like, or you can create your own. If you want to make your own, the group cannot exist yet, and you need at least five people interested in it.

So, that's all I can offer. I hope to see you around sometime. If you ever need anything, you can PM me. Well, see ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:52 am
deleted_5 says...

Hi Keirae. Welcome to YWS!! I guess I'll talk to you about blogs.

Blogs are the coolest things to have on YWS. You can make friends out of them, and you get to know other people and their personalities. If you want to start your own blog, just click on the Blogs button and then click on the blog Control Panel. Then it's easy! I hope you make one! :D

So, you've written three books?! That's dedicated! I've written two, but still working out the kinks in one of them.

PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat!!

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:29 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

No cookies?!
Welcome, welcome, dear! Welcome to the big family of YWS!
You've managed to finish, not only one, but two books?
I can't even finish... well, anything! But I'm more of a poetry person, so.
What kind of genre do you write?

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
See you around :D
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda