z

Young Writers Society

Greetings Earhlings...I'm new

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:20 pm
dreaming says...

Greetings Earthlings, I come in peace...I think :p

I joined about 2-3 days ago but haven't got around to introduce myself properly yet. So here goes:

I'm the infamous Dreaming, who comes from Russia, lives in Norway and studies psychology in England. Yes I am one of those weird ones, but I feel obliged to tell you - life would be so boring if everyone was normal and therefore I love being such a weird and random creature on this planet!

I have to tell you that I'm not a particularly good writer, and I haven't written for at least two - three years, but I have always wanted to write more, so I guess it's now or never...let's jump into it (hopefully it won't resemble anything like jumping into a lake in February)!

When it comes to hobbies I don't think I have any, besides watching television, hanging with friends and occasionally reading a book or two. When I do read something I tend to like fantasy and some classic novels like "Pride and Prejudice" and "Jane Eyre".

I am very social and I live on facebook. Oh, and I'll definitely need a mentor, otherwise I will just get tired (short attention span for the win) and quit Sad I hope to meet a lot of new people here Smile

I don't have a particular writing style yet, but I guess that most of my work has been contemporary teen fiction. However, I will not be writing any for a while, as I want to try out historical fiction and fantasy.

I posted a short story on here yesterday and really enjoyed all the useful comments. It makes me want to write even more.

Nice to meet you all :)

Dreaming x

PS: I have read the rules, and I am trying to navigate around the site. I think I have gotten the hang of it now, but the only thing that confuses me is rating. What does the different letters stand for?
Save the earth...it's the only planet with chocolate ;)

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:38 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Hello Dreaming! Welcome to YWS!!!

I see you have already read the rules so great job on that!

The ratings are just like for movies. I'll explain:
R-Restricted (For stories that have mature scenes or very harsh language including the f-word.)
G-General Audience (suitable for anyone to see.
PG- Parental Guidance
PG13-Parental Guidance and you should be 13 or over.

Yep. That's it. I hope this helps you.

Okay you said you read the rules but I don't know if you know about the colors so I'll tell them to you anyways.
Each member has a different colored name, for their specific job.

Blacks: Regulars (like you and me) We don't have a specific job.

Blues: Greeters, They greet everyone in the welcome zone, tell people the rules, answer questions, and so on.

Purples: Instructors, they give some of the best critiques or reviews. They really help you improve your writing, etc.

Greens: Dark greens: Moderators, they make sure posts are clean and that they are in the right forum. Light greens: Junior Moderaters. They do the same thing but in a specific forum.

Red: Site administrators. They keep the site up and running.

Orange: Distinguished members. Retired moderators or special members...

And that's it for the colors!

Again Welcome to YWS!!!!

Wow. Russia, Norway, and England? Awesome. I'm a fan of foreign places. :D

I'm sure you are a fine writer. Plus YWS will make you better than ever.
:D
So, if you need anything, just PM me and I'll be happy to help.
~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:40 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya! I believed I welcomed you before, correct?

Well, just to give you another little tip: If you want to meet people with similar interests as you, click the Groups button in the header. You'll find dozens of groups to give writing tips or just talk about your favourite activity/tv show. Everything, really.

Fantasy is my life, lol. I read it, write it and daydream constantly. Although you probably know about that from your username. ;) What style of fantasy are you normally drawn towards?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:53 am
*writewatiwant* says...

Welcome to YWS! I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^^
I just wanted to greet you. You'll have great fun here! And don't be afraid to post your work. It seems some newbies are afraid that we'll eat them (muahahahah!).
Anyway, see you around and if you need anything just PM me!

*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time