z

Young Writers Society

Yo

Reviews: 1
Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:44 pm
D.B. Ambs says...

Hi I'm D.B. Ambs
New here

Ummm...obviously I like to write, a lot. I do it almost every chance I have, I do some fanfiction, but I mostly like my own original stuff. I have characters that like to show up in stories that aren't theirs and I like to use improper grammer if it sounds like something that would be used in casual conversation (like starting sentences with but, and, because).

I also really like reading. Usually I'm a sucker for sappy romances as long as they're not like Harlequins. Right now I'm really into things that involve ballgowns, like the late 1800s early 1900s. I also like Sci-Fi if it isn't too hard to understand.

I'm an okay student, kinda fail at Math and Chemistry, but I'm studying harder.

I have about two or three really good friends that I trust with everything, and a lot of other casual friends that I enjoy hanging out with.

Random Facts About Me:

I'm a hopeless romantic
My favorite color is purple
My favorite food is Asian, except for the fish
I like to do art even though I'm not very good at it

Got any questions, ask away, most likely I'll answer

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:58 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Here on YWS we have three main rules that you should abide by:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own, a "review" being at least three lines long. This helps spread the reviews around, plus people are totally willing to return the favour. ;) It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- No chat-speak please! Some term abbreviations like lol, brb, POV and MC (among others) are fine, just don't overdo it.

3- On YWS, we like to see rated works. Rated works, if not rated R, show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

The romance section and the poetry section of YWS are pretty active. I'm sure you'll find a bunch of people with the same interests! I'm not one for romance myself (I am one for poetry though), but I have romantic subplots in most of my stories. I find it adds more tension to stories; something to do when the main plot has died down.

I tend to use improper grammar a lot, especially in dialogue. Like Tamora Pierce (one of my favourite authors) said: You can alter my prose all you want, just don't touch my dialogue! People speak with improper grammar all the time. Why shouldn't dialogue or first-person prose be any different? ;)

Who are your favourite authors?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:14 pm
Shauni says...

Hi there recent added member of our always-growing family!:D
*gives a cookie*
He love cookies here...

You fail at Math and Chemistry?? Gotta work hard, I'm sure you will be able to put that grades up! Actually chemistry it's my favorite class and I have very good grades at math but that's just me

Moving on...
You need to know some basics so that no one rips your head off...Ahh...I'm just kidding. We are ALL very nice here. You should get along just fine! ;)

~We have a 2:1 ratio. That means that for every post you make of your own work you shoud make at least two reviews.

~Keel your CapsLock off please. Stuff like" AMAZIING!!!!!" or "I LOVE IT!!" aren't very welcome here. We think that writers should be able o express themselves much better than that.

~No chat speak, except for lol or POV,etc..., but keep it to the minimum.

~Rate your works. Rated words will appear on the YWS front page but only the ones PG-13 and below. We don't want our writers readers to read things inappropriate for their age. Works with f-word and sexual content have to be rated R!

That's it for the basics. Very easy ro learn and do! >D

Explore the YWS and get involve with this experience. It will help you a lot to grow as a writer!
You like art too, cool but purple is not one of my favorite colors. Actually I don't give it to much attention but I know that are some purple crazy fans out there. You can go to the "Randomness" forum and post something about it. I'm sure you will get a lot of answers.

What are your favorite authors?
What's your favorite music gender?

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:28 pm
deleted_5 says...

Hiya and welcome!!! I'm Lucy Pennykettle, but you can call me Lucy or Luce. Welcome to our totally awesome site!!

One of the great things here in YWS is, we have a homework forum. So if you ever need help, take a little walk over there. People would be glad to help!! :D

So, you've probably seen people's names that are colourful. They represent some of the jobs on YWS.

Orange: These are the distinguished members on YWS.
Red: These are the ministrators, like Nate.
Green: These are the Moderators. They make sure we stay in line!
Light Green: These fellas are the JR mods.
Purple: They are the instructors. They give darn good reviews, and 'instruct' you in writing, or the website. (This one.)
Cyan: These are the awesome people like me. We greet newcomers and answer any questions you have. We also help you out with anything on this site.

Well, that's all. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! I'd be happy to help!! :D
Have a great time on YWS!! :D

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:04 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Alright. Did anyone explain about groups yet? No, okay, so...

Groups are found in the header. There are plenty of groups and I'm sure you'll find something you like there.

So, welcome and I hope you have fun!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:32 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hi! I'm Peanut, glad to meet you!
I'm glad you like to write your own original stuff, and not just fan fiction... like my signature says; Originality is key!

I hope you like it here as much as I do... YWS has basically taken over my life. Don't let that scare you! ;)
Anywho, you fail at math and chemistry?! Oh my goodness! You poor thing!
:lol: Just kidding! I fail at math too. Also, I'm doing a science project that has been going on for weeks already and I haven't done a thing! (I don't even know what I am doing!)

I'm rambling, aren't I?

In that case, I will go now. If you have questions, want a review, want to file a complaint, or just talk, be sure to give me a PM!

8)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:55 pm
jok101 says...

welcome to YWS were young writers come to rant post their work and rant.
good to see another newbie join the ranks of writers YWS is the best check out the storybooks and join a veiw groups it helps when your getting started.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:27 pm
D.B. Ambs says...

Thank you all so much

Rosey and Shauni: I don't really have any "favorite authors" because I tend to find that if someone writes something I really like, I don't like a lot of their other stuff(if that makes sense), but if I had to choose anyone, I'd say Dr. Seuss (he's my hero)

Shauni: Music Gender? I guess I like a guys voice best, most specifically, Emo Rock, like My Chemical Romance. I also like Blue October and most recently Avenged Sevenfold and Hank Green.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:25 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS! It seems I come a little late to be able to have anything to explain, so I'll just welcome you ^^

Emo Rock? I like some too. I like some of My Chemical Romance work, but I prefer Linkin Park. I'm more to Rock or Gothic.

Anyway, this is a writers site! What do you like to write about?
What's your favorite book and author?
To most of us, and we are mostly book worms, it's hard to choose one favorite book, so I'll give you a bit of a break and reformulate the question. What's your favorite books?

See you around! If you need anything, just PM me!

*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:52 am
D.B. Ambs says...

*writewatiwant* wrote:Hey there! Welcome to YWS! It seems I come a little late to be able to have anything to explain, so I'll just welcome you ^^

Emo Rock? I like some too. I like some of My Chemical Romance work, but I prefer Linkin Park. I'm more to Rock or Gothic.

Anyway, this is a writers site! What do you like to write about?
What's your favorite book and author?
To most of us, and we are mostly book worms, it's hard to choose one favorite book, so I'll give you a bit of a break and reformulate the question. What's your favorite books?

See you around! If you need anything, just PM me!

*Kat*

I don't really have any set thing I write about. The one thing that shows up in all my stories though is romance and angst.

My favorite books? ummm...I really like the Luxe series by Anna Godbersen and the Darren Shan Saga, I'm a really big fan of series books, and I don't really have any favorite authors (as said before), but if I had to pick on, I'd say Dr. Seuss.
Adults are nothing but obsolete children

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell