z

Young Writers Society

New Memb.! :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:38 pm
Molham Krayem says...

Hey Everyone.. Im New Here... and Im Hoping To Get To Know Lots Of People Here..! :D

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:45 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey =]

Welcome to YWS!

I'm Dudette *waves*

There are a few simple rules, but I'll let someone else explain them to you :)

So...what genre do you like to write?

There some amazing stories on here so I'm sure you'll find something enjoyable to read :D

Who's you favourite author? Favourite book?

PM me if you have any questions or if you need a review. I'll be happy to help!

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:35 pm
Alainna says...

Hello there and welcome to YWS! *hands out muffins*

Ah, meet loads of new people is definitely something that you will do here - we're a very diverse community.

Just a few things - we have a 2:1 ratio on YWS, so for every piece of literary work you post, it is asked that you review two other pieces. For more information and some general info on the site, see the Help and Support tab on the drop down menu at the top of the site. (Yep, just up there ^^ :D ).

What sort of music are you into? Your favourite colour?

Let me know if you have any questions,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:29 pm
Shauni says...

Heya molham! Welcome to the vast world! Pleasure to have you here! We are all very nice here. We are a enormous family always growing. :P

Alainna already explain you one of our basics rules but I shall give you the other ones...

~Please keep you Caps Lock off. We don´t to see stuff written like: "THAT WAS GREAT!" or "KEEP GOING!" or even " I LLOOOOVVVEEEEE IIIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!". Your emotions can be explain by more appropriate words.

~Don´t use chat speak, please. Some words are okay like : lol, POV and stuff like that but keep it to the minimum.

~Explore our world. Find people that like the same subjects as you, make friends and especially, post your own works. Log in to the Community Forums and have fun. Those are amazing to get involve...:D

~We appreciate rated works. A rate work will appear on the YWS front page but only the ones rated PG-13 below. Rate works aren´t the ones with R(those are for the ones that have f-word and/or sexual content.). This way we protect our younger readers to read inappropriate things for their age.

That's it for the basics. I hope you can have a blast here and more important, that you can improve your writing skills. I will be checking if you are around there! :P Just kidding...

Do you prefer chocolate ice-cream or mango ice-cream?
What your favourite band/music performer??

If you have any question, need anything or just wanna chat, feel free to PM me !

Have a nice day!

Best wishes

Shauni^^

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:08 pm
indigochild1991 says...

Hi there!

Hope you are enjoying the site so far!
Have you written anything yet or still getting on with reviews?
I really do hope you enjoy it here!
What are your favourite books?
Films?Programmes?Actors?

Laters!
x
'Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night'-Edgar Allan Poe

'Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent'-Eleanor Roosevelt

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:28 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Heyy!! Welcome to YWS! We love newbies here, so don't run away because of the million people that pounced on your thread XD. Some basic things that you should know :
-The colorful staff of YWS
~Blue - They're greeters (like me). Their job is to pounce on newbies and make them feel welcome.
~Purple - They're instructors. Their job is to give in-depth critiques.
~Black - They're normal members.
~Light and dark green - They're mods, and they keep the website running smoothly.
~Red - They're Administrators (Nate, Meshugenah, and Firestarter). Their job is to oversee everything.
-Reviews
~Reviews have to be at least three lines.
~The maximum points you can get for any review or post is 50 points.
~It takes 150 points to post up any of your works.
~You earn points by reviewing or posting in certain forums (like this one).
^_^ That should be it...I hope to see some of your works around...
Feel free to PM me if you have a question, need a review or just want to talk!
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

For your enjoyment on YWS, we have several groups you can join by hitting the big Groups button in the header. ^_^ Poke around; YWS has dozens of those groups for almost every interest. Joining them is really easy, but if you look in the Knowledge Base, under YWS, you should find an article on it.

The Knowledge Base, another wonder of YWS, can be found if you hover over "Resources" in the header, and click on the Knowledge Base option in the drop-down menu. It's full of great articles. Poke around in there too. ^_^

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar