z

Young Writers Society

hi i'm new

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:44 am
kemunto omare says...

hi, I'm new here and I want to introduce myself.My name is Kemunto and I live in Africa. I am aspiring o be an author and I write or want to learn to write novels. I also write lyrical poetry and I cant wait to start posting my articles to get a feel of what others think about them. My poetry is more of dark although some are really bright sided.Beside that I hope to meet similar minded writers here on YWS. That is all for now.
somebody told me am the sweetest thing wrapped up in the bitterest, still testing the truth in this!

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:10 pm
sofi says...

Hi there kemunto! Nice to meet you :D

Woah, Africa! That's very cool. I've been to Kenya and it was amazing! :D

Welcome to YWS, I hope you like it here. Well I'm sure you will it gets quite addictive!
My internet has been down for the past month and it's FINALLY properly fixed (they said it was fixed last time and then two days later it broke again) but anyways my point is that this place gets pretty addictive and not being able to get onto YWS was no fun at all :(

There's only two really big rules which are that:
1. For piece of work you post you must review a minimum of two others
2. As this is a writing site, proper grammar and spelling should be used etc.
You should also look at the rules page as well but if you have anymore questions feel free to ask, we are all here to help :)

Let me know if you ever want anything reviewing or anything at all really!

See you around!

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:16 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Kemunto, welcome to the wonderfully wacky world of YWS! :D

We have an awesome poetry section, so I'm sure you'll love it here. Lyric poetry is a good way to express your feelings and, in my opinion, is the best way to do it. My poetry can be dark or happy, too. This month is National Poetry Writing Month, which is when you write one poem a day for thirty days, and it's a lot of fun! I'm doing it this year for the first time and I'm having a good time doing it. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/forum196.html

So here are a few other rules:

1.) Rate all your work. If your writing has vulgar language and/or mature content, please rate it R.

2.) Please do not use chat-speak or CAPS locks while on YWS. This means don't spk lke dis or SPEAK LIKE THIS.

If you have a question, would like a review, or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:11 pm
Shauni says...

Hi there! Welcome to our always growing family, the YWS!!
You live in africa? That´s really cool, I wanna go there. People say kenia is pretty nice.

Our friends have already explained you the basics so now I will explain "our rainbow":D :

You probably notice that some people have colored names, that´s because they have jobs, they are called the YWS staff.

The blue ones are the greeters; they will welcome you and ask any question you may possible have. The purples are the instructors, they will review your work and work with you so that you can improve your writing skills. The greens: The are two different greens, the lights and the darks. The light one are junior moderators, they are in charge of a certain forum, the dark ones are the moderators: they are in charge of all forums and they take care of us.
Almost in the end!!

The oranges are distinguish members or retired mods. The reds are the big bosses. The YWS administrators.

See, we have our own rainbow! If you need anything, just ask on of the YWS staff(greeters are normally the chosen ones :P).

What re your favourite books?
What´s your favourite music?

Embrace this experience and get involve in the YWS. Have fun, teach and learn!

If you nee anything, have a question or just wanna chat, feel free to PM me anytime. I will answer as soon as possible! :D

Best wishes

Shauni ^^

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

A few helpful hints that should help your navigation of YWS:

~ A review must be at least three lines long, or else it won't count. The bonus is, the more you can point out in others works, be it good or bad, the better your writing gets. ^_^

~ If you're unsure about how to improve your writing, or even how to write a critique, there are several options. You can bug a purple person about it (which includes me. I am purple although sometimes I switch to being blue), or you can check out the Knowledge Base under YWS. The Knowledge Base is found by hovering over Resources in the header and clicking the Knowledge Base option in the drop-down menu. Check out the other sections of the Knowledge Base for more articles!

~ When somebody posts in your guestbook (found at the bottom of your profile), answer them in their guestbook. It makes tracking conversations easier. :D

YWS is certainly the place to get opinions and tips. You can bug just about everybody here for critiques, check out the Knowledge Base or just learn through trial and error! We're pretty open-minded here; we love practically everything when it comes to writing style. ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:24 pm
Bloo says...

Wow they are going to be hard to top, they got all the good stuff down already. Well that's what blues are for after all.

So yeah, welcome *tries to find something good to say to the newbie*

Well I'm Ryan, I live in the US, I hear Africa is cool, I might go there someday, but right now that is a no. My mom is super protective, and even with the whole shots before hand, she thinks its to dangerous.

So whats it like in your area of Africa, what are you into writing apart from poetry, or is that it?

Just rant on yourself, I won't mind, and that's what the welcome thread is for, partly.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:56 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey Kemunto! Welcome to our big family of YWS! You'll soon be addicted too.
I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^^
If you want to meet people that have the same tastes as you, click on the big button on the top of this page that says 'Groups'. Scroll down and you'll find many groups that you might like.
Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
See you around :D
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Random avatar

Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:49 pm
kemunto omare says...

The more I come to this site, the more I feel like I belong. Thank you to everyone who has written giving me great advice and tips that I can use to help me find my way around. My hobbies include writing, reading, watching TV, travelling, listening to music and playing basketball and swimming. My country is really beautiful and so are the people. I live in a very mordernised area, Nairobi, which is very busy. There is a lot to do: go to cinemas, go shopping, go out to eat, go dancing or even swimming. I go to a girl's boarding school that is on the outskirts of Nairobi and except for the cold it is a pretty nice school. I love everything sweet and my favourite desert is Oreos and vanilla ice cream. I am a big chocoholic and I also ove cheeseburgers. Musically speaking, I am a fan of Punk rock, Soft rock and ofcourse hiphop. That's it for now.
somebody told me am the sweetest thing wrapped up in the bitterest, still testing the truth in this!

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:28 pm
View Likes
*writewatiwant* says...

Oreos! *drools*
I just ate them today! :D
*hands out an Oreo to the newbie*
Rock for life!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Random avatar

Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:53 am
kemunto omare says...

Hi, Kemunto here. I have a little problem and I need anyone to help me solve it. I' m having a litle problem creating my blog and I would really want someone to offer me any advice on how I can create it. Thank you so much in advance. I hope that this is the right place to post this.

love, Kemunto.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 pm
sofi says...

Hey Kemunto!

To set up a blog go to the top of the page next to 'Messages' and there should be an icon which says 'Blog'.
Move your mouse over it and a drop down menu should appear with the option of 'Blog Control Panel'
You can create your blog from there!

Good luck!

I've been to nairobi! I loved it! :D My stepdad is there at the moment actually, because his parents live there. Well they actually live about two hours outside of nairobi in this little town called Kutus and Kerugoya (I think I spelt that right) they are just spending some time in nairobi at the moment doing some business or something.
But I agree, it's such a beautiful country, I'd love to go back again, we didn't have very much time there last time we went. The scenery is amazing though and at night the sky is so clear you can see so many stars. You can hardly get that at all in dubai because of the sand and light pollution. Unless you go way out into the desert like when we did Duke of Edinburgh.

Anyway, now I'm rambling! Haha. Hope you manage to set up your blog okay! :D

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver