z

Young Writers Society

Hello Darlings!

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:50 pm
nowhereistheplacetobe says...

I've heard rave reviews about this site, so I figured what the heck? If I don't like it I can lurk.

Well, enough about you, let's talk about me. I like writing, maybe a little too much. I write stories on napkins that I forget about the next day and never know what is happening in a story until I finish it. I'm currently working on a stageplay for ScriptFrenzy about the inner workings of a major league baseball team. The role of the pitcher was taken over by Sean Maher in my mind early this morning, and now he won't leave. I tell him I can't have him messing me up, making me want to close CintX and put on Firefly, but he just sits there with a smug grin on his face, pitching the ball at a wall with perfect form.

The above paragraph would be taken as the ramblings of a crazy person if it weren't being read by other writers, I think. That's why I love you all. You're just as crazy as me :D

So yeah, hi! Now that I've talked about me, tell me more about you :)
Currently addicted to: The Hoosiers, Fleet Foxes, Monster (energy drink), Mark Ronson, sushi, sparkling cider, and Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:00 am
chasingcolts21 says...

Hello, I'm Colt. I joined just over a month ago, so you aren't the only new one.

Welcome to YWS! Here we have some rules. :P

1) Rate your work. If it's violent, rate it R. Also, if you rate it, it'll appear on the front page!

2) For every piece of writing you post, you must have reviewed two of someone else's. This is known as the 2:1 ratio and helps balance the site.

What music do you listen to?

What is your favorite book and author?

What is your favorite movie?

I'm doing Screnzy and NaPo. :P
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:37 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, to expand on the rules a bit more:

Rated works do show up on the front page of YWS, only if they are rated G to PG-13. Rated R works, which have the f-word and/or graphic scenes, will not show up on the front page of YWS.

Chat-speak is a huge no-no here. You can find some term abbreviations (lol, brb, POV, MC and others), just don't overdo it. ^_^

Well, that's the rest of the major rules. If you have any questions, or need a review, feel free to PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:44 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Hey, Welcome to YWS!! there is a couple of things that Colt didn't say.
1) No swearing, you can do it in stories as long as you rate it but not in posts.
2) No chatspeak.

And the Color Names!!!! :D

Okay, so you've probably seen different color names around the site. Well here is what they all mean.

:arrow: Blacks
Regular people like you and me. :lol: We don't have jobs.

:arrow: Blues
Greeters. They go around the welcome forum and greet people, tell them the rules, welcome them, answer questions... I imagine you'll be seeing them soon.

:arrow: Purples
Instructors. They give awesome reviews that really help you make you work better.

:arrow: Greens & Light Greens
Moderators (dark greens). They make sure stories are in the right place, move them, and help with that kind of stuff. Light greens, or junior moderators go that too, just in specific forums.

:arrow: Oranges
Retired Moderators and Distinguished members.

:arrow: Reds
Administrators. They keep the site up and running.

Yep... That's the colors of YWS. So what is your favorite books? Movies? Genre's to write?
Welcome to YWS!!! (once again)
PM me if you need a review, anything, just want to chat, or if you have any questions. :) I'd be happy to help out.

See ya around.
~Storm :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:46 am
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hey there!
I am so a crazy writer. Once I went to a hockey game and ended up writing a story on the back of my pizza box. Also, last night my friend was laughing at me because we went to a dance and I maxed my cellphone's memory out with a story. xD
If you need anything, PM me!

Aurevoir!

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:47 am
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hey there!
I am so a crazy writer. Once I went to a hockey game and ended up writing a story on the back of my pizza box. Also, last night my friend was laughing at me because we went to a dance and I maxed my cellphone's memory out with a story. xD
If you need anything, PM me!

Aurevoir!

(Double post; sorry!)
Last edited by fragile_heart(!) on Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:48 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hello! Chasingcolts forgot a rule up there so here it is;

Keep the cussing to your stories... don't post a message or reply with cussing in it... like I said keep it to your stories.

Anyway, we also have color- coded names here.

Blue; greeters

Purple; Instructors

Light Green; Junior Moderators

Green; Moderators

Red; Admin. s

Orange; special members

Sorry I didn't explain, but it is listed when you click on one of those words at the bottom of Who's Online... plus, I bet you anything some one will come on here and explain anyway! :D

Nice to meet you (even though it shouldn't really be called meeting someone when it is on the Internet)!
See you around. PM me if you need a review, have any questions, or just want to say hi! :)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

196 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:52 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Keep the cussing to your stories... don't post a message or reply with cussing in it... like I said keep it to your stories.

Blue; greeters

Purple; Instructors

Green; Moderators

Red; Admin. s

Orange; special members

Sorry I didn't explain, but it is listed when you click on one of those words at the bottom of Who's Online... plus, I bet you anything some one will come on here and explain anyway! :D

Nice to meet you (even though it shouldn't really be called meeting someone when it is on the Internet)!
See you around. PM me if you need a review, have any questions, or just want to say hi! :)
Have a peanut =)

Proud LGBT supporter.

196 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:57 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Blue; greeters

Purple; Instructors

Green; Moderators

Red; Admin. s

Orange; special members

Have a peanut =)

Proud LGBT supporter.

196 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:00 am
View Likes
peanutgallery007 says...

Blue; greeters

Purple; Instructors

Green; Moderators

Red; Admin. s

Orange; special members

Have a peanut =)

Proud LGBT supporter.

My existence is political. And love is my statement.
— Kevin Abstract